or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1652

post #24766 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

next available appointment with a doctor is 20 days, good service for the £700 per month tax that i pay. Tempted to just buy some test and inject a low dose like 150mg for a couple of months to see if i feel better. Probably quicker and easier than going through the nhs.

Not just go private with your £47k annum job?
post #24767 of 46131
Im including national insurance in that figure, i count that as tax since im forced to pay it. So your estimate of my salary is a little excessive. But yeah i guess i could go private, seems like a waste of money when i should be getting it free though.
post #24768 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

I've seen people use five fingers at the gym. Anything wrong with those?

They look like fucking douchebags

Everyone I've seen at the gym in those is always "that guy". The guy w/terrible form, goofy routine, etc.


Realized something + debating how to proceed. I like machines. I use either Hammer Strength or cables for lats, triceps, shoulders, and am gonna try cables for biceps Thursday. I use DBs for all presses, but I have been stalled on bench for about a year now on both DB + BB. Should I try Hammer Strength for pressing movements too and just close the loop? My objective is pure aesthetics; specifically 16-17" cold arms and matching shoulders.
post #24769 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

I have no idea.

I torrent all my shows. I haven't watched anything from a television in ages.

Wifey is having an ethical dillema. We want to have kids soon. They are gonna watch TV. We don't have cable and she is a torrent fiend. How to proceed? Do we tell them to basically steal? Do we give up and get shitty ass cable? I'm stumped

TV does suck though. We have the TV hooked up to the roof antenna and outside of Food Network its generally a waste of time
post #24770 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Wifey is having an ethical dillema. We want to have kids soon. They are gonna watch TV. We don't have cable and she is a torrent fiend. How to proceed? Do we tell them to basically steal? Do we give up and get shitty ass cable? I'm stumped

TV does suck though. We have the TV hooked up to the roof antenna and outside of Food Network its generally a waste of time

Hmm that is interesting.. You don't have anything to worry about though. By the time you have kids and they are at an old enough age to start wondering where the first season of Adventure Time comes from TV channels will have figured out a way to monitize torrenting/stealing ect. And I say this as someone who has been torrenting for a very very long time and using invite only and hidden channels.
post #24771 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

Im including national insurance in that figure, i count that as tax since im forced to pay it. So your estimate of my salary is a little excessive. But yeah i guess i could go private, seems like a waste of money when i should be getting it free though.

Yeah sucks balls...NHS is utterly useless...but hey...it's free*

*not
post #24772 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post


i made it through half of an episode before i switched off, more like boring bad amirite

you sir, have gone too far
post #24773 of 46131
I won't lie. When Breaking Bad first came out, I went through like 3/4 of the first episode and went mehhhh.

Then I rewatched it a year later and saw the light. One of the best shows ever. Tied with Boardwalk Empire for me at the moment.
post #24774 of 46131
if you have a cable subscription you can sign up for streaming HBO-go style whenever you want. It's available through your provider (even Time Warner, finally).

Idk what you guys are on though, TV is fucking great right now: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Archer, New Girl, Workaholics, Downton Abbey, It's Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, Game of Thrones, Girls (nohomo), Adventure Time (nopromo).

Heard good things also about FX dramas too (Justified, Sons of Anarchy) but I haven't watched them.

This message brought to you by a the employee of a major cable network.
post #24775 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Tied with Boardwalk Empire for me at the moment.

What is with all the people blaspheming Breaking Bad today?
post #24776 of 46131
I've dropped off the TV bandwagon real hard lately. Everything is super over rated right now. I use to watch everything and anything but all i stay current on is; Game of Thrones, Adventure Time, Mad Men, and Louie
post #24777 of 46131
I cant deal with Breaking Bad. Shit spikes my damn blood pressure. I watched the first season and gave up on that shit.

Mad Men's characters are just too scummy for me. Its bizarre but I find characters from shows like Boardwalk Empire & The Sopranos more relatable, despite the gratuitous + sociopathic violence. I connect more w/a murderer who tries to do right by his family than some ad agency dude who is a scumbag to his wife + kids. Not to mention the celebration of the misogynistic "boys club" through the lens of nostalgia of Mad Men is a turn off. I guess BE isn't much better in that regard, but still, MM doesn't have characters like Harrow, Chalky, Capone etc. I watched like 1-2 seasons of MM and gave it up.

One of my favorite shows right now, Treme. Def gotta start from the beginning, and shit gets dark. But I think it gives New Orleans and the Katrina fallout real justice. And again, damn near all the main characters are well developed and totally relatable, even if they aren't perfect.
post #24778 of 46131
maybe im too cynical but the whole premise of "the guy cooks up drugs but he's actually a good guy cuz hes dying of cancer!!! its such a like, such a deep and crazy ethical dilemma man!!!" doesnt do anything for me. wow, next thing you know you're going to tell me that certain behaviours arent inherently bad in and of themselves and sometimes the ends justify the means? shocking. now, repeatedly beating people over the head with this super-ultra-meta-level moral juxtaposition like that is deserving of being slurped on by everyone? i guess so; seems like the premise is a little too overblown in its super-ultra-meta-level morality claim though.

but then again i havent watched it all the way through so i cant really judge, maybe im missing the point
post #24779 of 46131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

maybe im too cynical but the whole premise of "the guy cooks up drugs but he's actually a good guy cuz hes dying of cancer!!! its such a like, such a deep and crazy ethical dilemma man!!!" doesnt do anything for me. wow, next thing you know you're going to tell me that certain behaviours arent inherently bad in and of themselves and sometimes the ends justify the means? shocking. now, repeatedly beating people over the head with this super-ultra-meta-level moral juxtaposition like that is deserving of being slurped on by everyone? i guess so; seems like the premise is a little too overblown in its super-ultra-meta-level morality claim though.

but then again i havent watched it all the way through so i cant really judge, maybe im missing the point

you're missing the point, it's awesome, stick to it and you'll see why! I, too, didn't really like it at first but then after a few episodes I was hooked.
post #24780 of 46131
chill dudes. everyone has their preferences for entertainment, whatever those may be.

i always root for the bad guys anyways in every movie or series so ethical considerations really are of little significance to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts