or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1618

post #24256 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

This is pretty much like the fat jewish boy I've posted about who I'm helping get shredded (he pulled a girl, had no idea that shit was possible at 220lb). Gets motivated as shit over the weekend asks me retarded questions like should I cut out all carbs and dairy and only eat boiled chicken breast and then comes to the gym with me for a few days and goes run around london for like 5 hours then on wednesday he's like brah lets get high and eat some tortilini. I have gotten him to stop this by getting him to start using ephedrine, no longer binges or eats much really. He wanted to try clen, but being responsible I told him not until he's nearly shredded.

LOL I don't think her trouble is her appetite, it's that she doesn't eat all day and then binges at night because she's so hungry. I'm going to try to get her to bring an actual lunch to work every day; right now she just brings like an apple and a diet coke. She claims she isn't hungry throughout the day so I think she just has trouble identifying when she's hungry. Setting a regular eating pattern will fix that, and prevent the evening binges.
post #24257 of 48515
He does train lower body quite a bit, he plays basketball so he needs to for jumping etc. Legs are big, definitley not out of proportion. Anyway how does not training lower body somehow make your upper body grow faster? I've had spells of upper body only and never made any progress.
post #24258 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

LOL I don't think her trouble is her appetite, it's that she doesn't eat all day and then binges at night because she's so hungry. I'm going to try to get her to bring an actual lunch to work every day; right now she just brings like an apple and a diet coke. She claims she isn't hungry throughout the day so I think she just has trouble identifying when she's hungry. Setting a regular eating pattern will fix that, and prevent the evening binges.

Maybe she should try IF (sounds like she's already mostly there)? Binges at night are fine as long as its clean food not refined carbs and surplus cals.
post #24259 of 48515



My dog is on IIFYM, getting jacked as fuck. He doesn't even legs though. He's 8 though so his natty test is probably quite low.
post #24260 of 48515
Ugh, +123456789 on the women being crazy. If they don't see amazing results in one week, "It's not working!!!" I'm like "bitch, just do things the right way and you won't have to crash diet ever again." It's so damn simple but they make it out to be such a nightmare.

Anyway, gonna do a semi-Bulgarian cycle for the next 6 weeks. Last cycle only went max once a week in one lift only, and didn't see much progress. Seems that Oly lifts necessarily have different form for sub-maximal intensity... 80-90% work just seemed to make my technique shit more than anything else. So this time around going heavy singles in at least 2 lifts each 3 days per week, and 1 day of lighter work with tall snatch, push press, etc.
post #24261 of 48515
My girlfriend eats like an 8 year old with the ability to buy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


My dog is on IIFYM, getting jacked as fuck. He doesn't even legs though. He's 8 though so his natty test is probably quite low.

LOL
post #24262 of 48515
just been eyeing up the garage, going to buy a power rack i think i can make room if i clear out a load of my shit then i can get more stuff when i move out. I'm sure a power rack alone can be enough for a leg workout.
post #24263 of 48515
I think you should get a barbell and plates too
post #24264 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

He does train lower body quite a bit, he plays basketball so he needs to for jumping etc. Legs are big, definitley not out of proportion. Anyway how does not training lower body somehow make your upper body grow faster? I've had spells of upper body only and never made any progress.
hm is this a serious question? ok you have 5 days you go to the gym, you train lower once and you train upper 4 times. HM I FUCKING WONDER HOW
post #24265 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

I think you should get a barbell and plates too

hah fuck that i`ll just stand in the rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

hm is this a serious question? ok you have 5 days you go to the gym, you train lower once and you train upper 4 times. HM I FUCKING WONDER HOW

That would just make your legs smaller, upper body progress wouldnt be increased IMO.
post #24266 of 48515
your mind is full of fuck
post #24267 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

just been eyeing up the garage, going to buy a power rack i think i can make room if i clear out a load of my shit then i can get more stuff when i move out. I'm sure a power rack alone can be enough for a leg workout.

power rack + bench + barbell + dumbbell handles + plates is enough for any workout. dunno how it is in england but 500 bucks for a ghetto setup is attainable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

your mind is full of fuck

im going to try and use this phrase irl, quality post
post #24268 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

gf of 2.5 years broke things off with me tonight.

dem feels frown.gif

condolences, sparky. you'll find someone else soon enough.
post #24269 of 48515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

why people recommend deprivation diets a la PSMF to people who don't count fitness as one of their main hobbies is beyond me. baby steps - the best diet is the one that gets followed, so tell her to gradually cut out bad stuff one week, reduce portion sizes the next week, blah blah. to most people, a "diet" is something that is going to suck hard, but only for awhile, so tough it out until its "done" - so surprise surprise that yo-yo dieting and people jumping on and off bandwagons happens.

dont think in terms of "diets," think in terms of changing habits; for people who lift its no biggie since we will do horrible things to get our daily protein and observe macro ratios. for someone who struggles to get to a gym in the first place, facing weeks of only eating protein is like a death sentence. i would tell her to track everything she eats for a week, and then next week eat the same but cut out the most egregious junk food. week after that, replace something shitty with meat and a salad. combine a process like that with hitting the gym more often and i think it will be more sustainable. this might be slow going for someone who wants results NAO but dealing with that is an attitude/expectation shift that needs to happen to anyone who is after fat/weight loss.

my gf is on the same post-holiday wanting-to-cut-down kick and i've been suggesting the above to her so i'll let you know what she thinks of it. ps. women's health is the fucking bane of my existence; her and i have pretty much agreed to disagree about fitness.

 

I generally agree with this, particularly baby steps. If a person can't adhere to even general healthy eating, there's no way they'll be able to adhere to an extreme, strict diet, no matter how effective it would be.

post #24270 of 48515

Officially 1 week into my PSMF. Down 7lbs or so and feeling no ill effects.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts