or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1607

post #24091 of 49344
Hit a squat PR. I forsee these Uniqlo stretch denim / sweat pants in my future

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-denim-relaxed-pants/075463-68-003
post #24092 of 49344
What jeans are people doing with in here? I'm shopping around for another pair, since I'm selling these levis I thrifted. I have:

Raleigh Denim Work Fit size 32
APC New standard size 32 (thighs hella tight but w/e)
post #24093 of 49344
Thread Starter 
Williamsburg garment co slim straight, t-000.
post #24094 of 49344
that's a girls jean yo
post #24095 of 49344
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

that's a girls jean yo

Must be for some fat-ass whales

http://www.williamsburggarment.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_17/products_id/71
post #24096 of 49344
OH, i read into that too much. Thought Williamsburg = Uniqlo since hipsters and what not you know. Those look nice but are way too slim for me, wtf does that dude have a synthetic leg? looks like it
post #24097 of 49344
Tried to dunk today, could not hold onto the rim and fell. Now there's a large bruise on left hip, walking is unpleasant. frown.gif
post #24098 of 49344
How tall are you?

I was grabbing the rim in 7th, dunking in eighth. cool.gif

wink.gif
post #24099 of 49344
1.79 m, short Chinese genes.
post #24100 of 49344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

What jeans are people doing with in here? I'm shopping around for another pair, since I'm selling these levis I thrifted. I have:
Raleigh Denim Work Fit size 32
APC New standard size 32 (thighs hella tight but w/e)

I'm in denim hell right now. Added 8 lbs on dat Winter bulk and will take it to 10+. I bought two pairs with ample room beforehand which are both bothering me now. The waists are still ok to a hair too big, but my ass is busting out of both the 3:16 SL sz 32's and the N&F WG sz 32 and the thighs are maxed on the WG's. I don't even bother with the WG's right now because I'm trying to keep up on the stretch on the 3:16's.

It's not that I can't wear them, but that my range of movement is restricted, and I bought these TTS exactly so that would NOT happen. When I bend down to pick something up, I don't want my quads / knees to be dragging the fucking ass down. And I can't bring my leg up to tie my shoes, either, flexing on the quads again.

I don't know if it's just me or if it's everyone in here or if it is everyone with these modern cuts or if it is the heavy material modern denim is made of and a wash would help. I have a feeling that everyone has limited motion in modern cuts and it simply annoys me more now that I spend 90% of my time in scrubs, sleeping boxers, and gym clothes. I definitely carry my weight on my hips which kills whatever I have bought. Started at a sz 28 years ago.
post #24101 of 49344

Did rdl's today and couldn't hold my shoulders externally rotated through the whole set. Now that I have problems with this during rdl's and dips, I think my back is not strong enough after all. My grip is also bad. Couldn't hold onto 175 lbs for a 10 rep rdl set.

 

I can bench 150 lbs x 5 for 3 sets but only bent over barbell row 125 x 6 for 4 sets. Rows are too low in comparison, right?

Also, switched to db rows since my bb rows have stalled. First time doing them and could only manage 50 x 12 for 4 sets. I feel weak and pathetic.

 

 

I've switched my box squat stance to shoulder width and moved the box a lot closer to me. I'm no longer "sitting" on the box and wouldn't fall back if it was removed. I looked at Charlys videos and tried to mimic his technique.

 

My box squat moved up a lot from the wide stance westside style by bringing in the stance. Still got one problem with squats; on the way up, my butt and chest moves up but the core falls. I have a hard time maintaining a tight core, which leads to excessive arching on the way up. I know I should take a deep breath and push the belly out, but even this is hard for me to do when in position for squatting with the bar on my traps. Any suggestions?

post #24102 of 49344
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post

I'm in denim hell right now. Added 8 lbs on dat Winter bulk and will take it to 10+. I bought two pairs with ample room beforehand which are both bothering me now. The waists are still ok to a hair too big, but my ass is busting out of both the 3:16 SL sz 32's and the N&F WG sz 32 and the thighs are maxed on the WG's. I don't even bother with the WG's right now because I'm trying to keep up on the stretch on the 3:16's.
It's not that I can't wear them, but that my range of movement is restricted, and I bought these TTS exactly so that would NOT happen. When I bend down to pick something up, I don't want my quads / knees to be dragging the fucking ass down. And I can't bring my leg up to tie my shoes, either, flexing on the quads again.
I don't know if it's just me or if it's everyone in here or if it is everyone with these modern cuts or if it is the heavy material modern denim is made of and a wash would help. I have a feeling that everyone has limited motion in modern cuts and it simply annoys me more now that I spend 90% of my time in scrubs, sleeping boxers, and gym clothes. I definitely carry my weight on my hips which kills whatever I have bought. Started at a sz 28 years ago.

I hear you bro. I'm in the EXACT same position, and also started around size 28 too.Naked and Famous cuts are wack though, i tried to deal with the weird guys but that front rise is stupid low. The restriction bothers me too, it's mostly in the hips / thighs on most my jeans. It's def not you though, everyone wearing modern cut denim has restricted movement. I've been starting to look at old levi reproduction jeans or something with a similar fit. 11.5-12" rise, 12.5' thigh, 9" leg opening. Going to say fuck it with slim jeans and be like knucks in that if I can't paleo squat in them they are too tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Did rdl's today and couldn't hold my shoulders externally rotated through the whole set. Now that I have problems with this during rdl's and dips, I think my back is not strong enough after all. My grip is also bad. Couldn't hold onto 175 lbs for a 10 rep rdl set.

I can bench 150 lbs x 5 for 3 sets but only bent over barbell row 125 x 6 for 4 sets. Rows are too low in comparison, right?
Also, switched to db rows since my bb rows have stalled. First time doing them and could only manage 50 x 12 for 4 sets. I feel weak and pathetic.

Yep. You need to build your back up. Lots of strict bent over rows, pullups, facepulls, inverted smith machine rows.
post #24103 of 49344
Jeans are near impossible for me. Have tried Naked and Famous, APC, 316, a bunch of others, all have too low a rise and are too snug in the hips. The best fit is actually from some Levi's 501s, can try and look up the exact details. I have primarily dealt with this by not wearing jeans. Copped some fairly slim chinos from j crew in grey, navy etc, have moleskins and cords for the winter. Much more comfortable than jeans.
post #24104 of 49344
Km 1980 for all your denim needs
post #24105 of 49344
Hasn't that company gone titts up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts