or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1604

post #24046 of 47735

http://www.colosseumgym.com/about

 

Wow, so not fair that this gym is like 40 minutes away. I'd be there in a heartbeat if not for the distance. Doesn't help that my current gym is like a 10 minute walk away either.

 

Mirin free coffee 

post #24047 of 47735
Trading down from my fancy as fuck gym to new york sports clubs.

WIth the amount i save i can buy my own kettlebells.
post #24048 of 47735
gained a .lb icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #24049 of 47735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

http://www.colosseumgym.com/about

Wow, so not fair that this gym is like 40 minutes away. I'd be there in a heartbeat if not for the distance. Doesn't help that my current gym is like a 10 minute walk away either.

Mirin free coffee 


Always miring american gyms, so cheap and so much equipment. Paid the same price for my poverty gym in cambridge where half the equipment was made by the owner and the gym was about twice the size of my living room.
post #24050 of 47735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

What's IA SPBR?
It takes me like 30 minutes before i touch a weight in the gym
For external and internal rotation my plan of attack / usually what i do on press and bench day.
#1 Open up the areas with soft tissue work. This allows me to stretch and lift in full range of motion. So Wall Pec Ball, T-Spine rolls, rolls my lats, roll my traps.
#2 Static stretch out anything that feels tight; wall pec stretch, lat stretch, ect.
#3 Mobilize the area - No money drills, bent over t spine rotations, prone trap raise, sleeper stretch, ect.

This is good advice, and much of what I do, not that it ends up mattering much.

Anyone ever tried this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTK4L0V-_s
post #24051 of 47735

About half way through day 3 of a protein-sparing modified fast. Been eating nothing but sliced turkey, baked chicken, and some lean beef jerky. Not hungry at all but feeling pretty run down. I've got a 30-40 minute conditioning workout programmed for today, so we'll see how that goes. 

 

Will post before/after pics once there are after pics available. 

post #24052 of 47735
Thread Starter 
why?
post #24053 of 47735
Thread Starter 
why?
post #24054 of 47735

Trying to lose weight before my wedding in a few months. Been creeping up slowly through the holidays and want to get back under 190. I'm pretty well fat-adapted so fasting tends not to give me too much trouble. Also, my programming for the next few months is mostly bodyweight/conditioning, so it's a good time to be trying to get leaner.

post #24055 of 47735
I'm going on a modified PSMF after I'm done with this posture prog to cut down fast while retaining strength. I never had a problem staying on PSMF, I don't know why others find it so difficult. Usually in the first week I have a day or two where I'm exceptionally fatigued but that's about it. After that it's normal for me.

This posture prog is killing me. First day out doing 4x10 snatch grip deadlifts gave me really bad DOMS haha so I wasn't able to hit my BW workout last night. Going to the gym tonight and hoping to get into the daily routine now so I only need to be on it for another 29 days or so.
post #24056 of 47735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

I'm going on a modified PSMF after I'm done with this posture prog to cut down fast while retaining strength. I never had a problem staying on PSMF, I don't know why others find it so difficult. Usually in the first week I have a day or two where I'm exceptionally fatigued but that's about it. After that it's normal for me.
This posture prog is killing me. First day out doing 4x10 snatch grip deadlifts gave me really bad DOMS haha so I wasn't able to hit my BW workout last night. Going to the gym tonight and hoping to get into the daily routine now so I only need to be on it for another 29 days or so.

 

You don't think skipping proper warm up before working out and stretching post-workout has had any effect on your posture problems? 

 

I don't mean to be snarky, but it seems rather counter-productive (and weird way to go about it) to skip a short daily routine only to eventually having to do a workout from hell to correct it. The daily stretching might not get rid of your problems completely but you def won't be better off skipping it.

post #24057 of 47735
About to go snowboarding for a week. Obviously not working out as I will be in a tiny town. Thinking about starting PHAT when I get back. Really want to work on aesthetics and keep my strength/get stronger. Would like to hit 295b/405s/500dl this year. Weak ass aesthetic pics to start the year. Need to work arms badly. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #24058 of 47735
that PHAT workout looks terrible, i don't get that world
post #24059 of 47735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

This posture prog is killing me. First day out doing 4x10 snatch grip deadlifts gave me really bad DOMS haha so I wasn't able to hit my BW workout last night. Going to the gym tonight and hoping to get into the daily routine now so I only need to be on it for another 29 days or so.

For what its worth, i made a big improvement in my posture from doing nothing more than a few scapula wall slide stretches, foam rolling sometimes, and pec stretches but most importantly practicing forcing those shoulder blades back and together at all times when sitting or standing as much as possible. It hurt bad at first, and my rhomboids or whatever retractor muscles get pretty tired sometimes, but it was a lot easier than a 30 day program. I could use a lot of ab work and a little more stretching and i''d be pretty much there, but i improved it enough to sort out my shoulder problems etc with like hardly any effort, and my posture was terrible to begin with. Also doing loads of heavy rowing movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

About to go snowboarding for a week. Obviously not working out as I will be in a tiny town. Thinking about starting PHAT when I get back. Really want to work on aesthetics and keep my strength/get stronger. Would like to hit 295b/405s/500dl this year. Weak ass aesthetic pics to start the year. Need to work arms badly. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If your lifts are anywhere near those numbers now, then i would say you could benefit a lot from some form of hypertrophy training. You will still get stronger on a bodybuilding program, just not as fast.
post #24060 of 47735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

gained a .lb icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

did you take that dump already?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts