or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1571

post #23551 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post

I wear size 33 t-00, maybe they look like shit lol,  but I deadlift 365 with good form and about 380 buckling shaking and dragging the bar up my thighs but I'm also 6" taller than you i.e. muscle has more length to grow on, if that makes any sense I dunno maybe I'm lucky.   I'm also cutting 75% of the time.

I had size 33 T00s for a bit. They stretch out to be a 34 iirc. What I meant was size 31 is pretty damn small legs
post #23552 of 49440

Being so much shorter just means that proportionally you look wider even though you have pretty much the same waist as me.

post #23553 of 49440
Yea. I'm actually real close to 5'8 but people laugh when I say 5'7.75, like I'm squeezing out the extra bit lol. I've always genetically had a bubble butt too, I'm sure that doesn't help. Chest and arms have filled out a lot since I now have corrected my shoulder issue, as this grows the hips look smaller.
post #23554 of 49440
Nah I back squat on dynamic effort days, front squat just happens to be the max effort lift I'm using now will switch it to paused back squats or maybe front squats when the normal front squat stops going up. I've pulled 200kg before, can't really cheat a deadlift. Might make a video of me squatting in the t-000s they're pretty stretchy and very tight, with knee wraps I might get a few kg out of them. Obviously ill pull them up really high so they cover more of my hips. That'll have to be before I go back to school though and I'm still not feeling well after being sick so it might have to be DE work with something like 285. School gym has a policy against jeans. Virus absolutely raped me dropped me down to 172
Edited by fuji - 12/18/12 at 8:28pm
post #23555 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

36" inch waist at 5'7"? cry.gif

 

I've got a 36" waist at 5'6. 44" chest keeps me V-shaped at least.

post #23556 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

I've got a 36" waist at 5'6. 44" chest keeps me V-shaped at least.

I took you for taller. Maybe its the tats.
post #23557 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


I took you for taller. Maybe its the tats.

 

Tats?

post #23558 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Nah I back squat on dynamic effort days, front squat just happens to be the max effort lift I'm using now will switch it to paused back squats or maybe front squats when the normal front squat stops going up. I've pulled 200kg before, can't really cheat a deadlift. Might make a video of me squatting in the t-000s they're pretty stretchy and very tight, with knee wraps I might get a few kg out of them. Obviously ill pull them up really high so they cover more of my hips. That'll have to be before I go back to school though and I'm still not feeling well after being sick so it might have to be DE work with something like 285. School gym has a policy against jeans. Virus absolutely raped me dropped me down to 172

For someone who claims to pull a lot of weight you look real twinkish.
post #23559 of 49440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Fuji I don't believe any of your #s. Even if you are hitting those numbers it's probably 3" above parallel, with knee wraps, belt, and terrible form. I'm interested in the longevity of my weightlifting career, sure I can do well over what I do now but that's not what I'm interested in. Even on my 1+ days I get five reps or more.
I wore a size 33 weird guys, although that fit is wack because of the short front rise. There's no skinny dudes that would fit into t-000s that are squatting and deadlifting good weights in my gym or any gym I've been to. I'm sure there's exception to the rules and if you're one of them more power to you.
Also don't you only front squat anyways?

You got fucking called out, fuji. You gonna take that?
post #23560 of 49440
200kg isn't exactly a huge pull not too much over double body weight and double body weight is a shit deadlift. Eason we just discussed this via text I will do a video on Saturday showing my 75 percent DE work AND doing a pull up too to prove I am not one of the many people frauding on being able to do those.
post #23561 of 49440
I dunno, Coldsnap, I know you have dreams of getting all jacked, but I think your approach is just getting you fat. You were skinny most of your life, so you've got the mindset that more scale weight is a good thing. You've mentioned your weight is in the 180's. Based on that and what you've shown us and told us, I'd gotta imagine a lot of that weight is fat. I'm three inches taller than you, also have big thighs and a bubble butt and a true waist of 36" was pretty much rock bottom for me last year. I've got a shirtless pic of myself from that time and I look like someone who never lifted and always had a reserve of cake in the fridge.

Right now, you do not look like someone who lifts. You're pretty pear-shaped. I say that as someone who prided himself on lifting several times a week and trying to eat well (but obviously veering from that too often), yet looked quite pear-shaped in the aforementioned picture. I'm down about 25 pounds and nearly four inches in the waist since that time. I don't have great genetics, but once I stopped justifying eating lots of delicious junk food so frequently, the fat magically started disappearing, genetics be damned.
post #23562 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Tats?

N/M. I confused you with another poster there for a second. my bad.
post #23563 of 49440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

200kg isn't exactly a huge pull not too much over double body weight and double body weight is a shit deadlift.

vids or it didnt happen

post #23564 of 49440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I dunno, Coldsnap, I know you have dreams of getting all jacked, but I think your approach is just getting you fat. You were skinny most of your life, so you've got the mindset that more scale weight is a good thing. You've mentioned your weight is in the 180's. Based on that and what you've shown us and told us, I'd gotta imagine a lot of that weight is fat. I'm three inches taller than you, also have big thighs and a bubble butt and a true waist of 36" was pretty much rock bottom for me last year. I've got a shirtless pic of myself from that time and I look like someone who never lifted and always had a reserve of cake in the fridge.
Right now, you do not look like someone who lifts. You're pretty pear-shaped. I say that as someone who prided himself on lifting several times a week and trying to eat well (but obviously veering from that too often), yet looked quite pear-shaped in the aforementioned picture. I'm down about 25 pounds and nearly four inches in the waist since that time. I don't have great genetics, but once I stopped justifying eating lots of delicious junk food so frequently, the fat magically started disappearing, genetics be damned.

Yeah meal/calorie tracking + doing a hypertrophy program will make a huge difference. I've recently started he 5/3/1 BBB challenge and have found some rapid improvement in my weakpoints. Ignored arms/quads/calves for too long.
post #23565 of 49440

Just a quick clarification of my deadlift advice to people hitting their knees with the bar. Obviously any number of things wrong with my form here, but this is what I meant about keeping your torso angle steady until the bar is above the knees.

 

 

This way you can get vertical bar path without the bar hitting your knees.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts