or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1567

post #23491 of 47204
jesus reps of 20
post #23492 of 47204
God...didn't realize how ugly my deadlift form was until I had a friend record it from the side

vid removed

Gonna drop the weight over the next few weeks and really work on form. Sheesh that's ugly.
Edited by TeeKay - 12/17/12 at 7:48pm
post #23493 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

God...didn't realize how ugly my deadlift form was until I had a friend record it from the sideGonna drop the weight over the next few weeks and really work on form. Sheesh that's ugly.

 

Dude I've never seen anything that bad. I'm not sure I could get into that position if I tried. Drop the weight WAY down and work on form. You're going to pop a disk out moving like that.

post #23494 of 47204
Ha yep, I know it's quite ugly. Gonna drop the weight down to no more than 225 for the next couple weeks and then work my way back up.

It's amazing how difficult(impossible) it is to judge your form looking in a mirror.
post #23495 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Ha yep, I know it's quite ugly. Gonna drop the weight down to no more than 225 for the next couple weeks and then work my way back up.
It's amazing how difficult(impossible) it is to judge your form looking in a mirror.

 

Yeah let's see a video at 225.

post #23496 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

God...didn't realize how ugly my deadlift form was until I had a friend record it from the sideGonna drop the weight over the next few weeks and really work on form. Sheesh that's ugly.

You really should consider going into orthopedics....you're going to need the expertise to help out with your future surgeries.
post #23497 of 47204
nm
Edited by TeeKay - 12/17/12 at 7:46pm
post #23498 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

nah basically animals without the capacity for thought are able to eat to support their activity levels while here on internets we have many threads and pages of intelligent human beings needing to be told numerous times the underlying concepts behind picking up a fork


Guess it's hard when there's a lot of money to be made out of confusing people.

post #23499 of 47204
Repped out @ 250 on the chest machine for one set. Next set, couldn't even lift 200. Had to go down to 175. That was a new one.

Anyone had strain in the front of their delt doing back rows? What is that?
post #23500 of 47204
For those of you that deadlift, do you scrape your knees doing so?
post #23501 of 47204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

For those of you that deadlift, do you scrape your knees doing so?

I get a slight scrape when doing high reps, but the biggest thing for me is a bruise right above my knees.
post #23502 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post


I get a slight scrape when doing high reps, but the biggest thing for me is a bruise right above my knees.

 

That bruise right above the knees is pretty typical with cleans, but shouldn't happen when you are deadlifting. It's indicative of a slight re-bend.

 

As far as scraping knees, this also shouldn't happen if you are doing it right. Proper DL technique has you keeping your torso at the same angle until the bar travels above the knee, then increasing then opening up the hip. If you are scraping your knees, it's probably because you are opening up the hip angle/changing your torso angle too early. Focus on keeping your shoulders directly above the bar until the bar is above your knees. This should help.

 

Now, scraping shins is another problem, and is inevitable if you are deadlifting properly.

post #23503 of 47204
I love that whatever ad network is at play here thinks that viewers of this thread may find a free week's membership at Curves interesting.

Doug...pretty sure they're focused on you and all your hip talk....
post #23504 of 47204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I love that whatever ad network is at play here thinks that viewers of this thread may find a free week's membership at Curves interesting.
Doug...pretty sure they're focused on you and all your hip talk....

 

ads aren't done by thread, they are done by person...

 

not sure what that says about you

post #23505 of 47204
dammit i wana see deadlift fail video. That being said i am filming all my lifts from now on, going to make a youtube compilation on friday with every life so I can review and have a record.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts