or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1487

post #22291 of 46399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post

Got my dl up to 140 kg (309 lb) * 3, hope to hit 150 soon.

150 kg (330.7 lb) deadlift yesterday for one rep, happy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #22292 of 46399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post

150 kg (330.7 lb) deadlift yesterday for one rep, happy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Good job man.

I'm hoping to hit a 1.5 bodyweight deadlift (125-135 kg) before I start cutting in march.
Did 110 for 5 a couple days ago so it shouldn't be a problem to reach.

What's your squat?
post #22293 of 46399
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplefuturist View Post

I need meal ideas for bulking during summer. Winter was easy, I would just slow cook big batches of chili con carne, beef stews, etc. So far all I can think if is making and freezing beef burger patties. I work 'till 6:30, go straight to the gym, and don't get home 'till 9. Needs to be meals I can prepare in advance and preferably stores well.

why cant you eat the chilli and beef stew in the summer....
post #22294 of 46399
hysen's pretty much fucked
post #22295 of 46399
Gonna go to the park and do my first HIIT workout ever... I don't think it will constitute for a backload, which should make it even worse.
post #22296 of 46399
Thread Starter 
Thought u said hymen lolz
post #22297 of 46399
what happened with hysen now?
post #22298 of 46399
Just deadlifted 125 x 5 then 130 x 5, didn't feel that i was at maximum effort yet. Not sure if worth doing for hypertrophy, but fuck they feel good.

Also pretty sure that my shoulder pain is actually caused by the lower trap. There is a ridiculously sore trigger point low down behind the shoulder, not sure what would cause this.
post #22299 of 46399
Thread Starter 
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngghhh
post #22300 of 46399
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

Just deadlifted 125 x 5 then 130 x 5, didn't feel that i was at maximum effort yet. Not sure if worth doing for hypertrophy, but fuck they feel good.
Also pretty sure that my shoulder pain is actually caused by the lower trap. There is a ridiculously sore trigger point low down behind the shoulder, not sure what would cause this.

Damn dawg u weak. That's where my trap injury is. There's a huge speed bump of a trigger point underneath my shoulder and near the spine.
post #22301 of 46399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Naw he's gotta be over 200. I'm 180 and look no where that filled out

It IS possible to put too much emphasis on scale weight.
post #22302 of 46399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplefuturist View Post

I need meal ideas for bulking during summer. Winter was easy, I would just slow cook big batches of chili con carne, beef stews, etc. So far all I can think if is making and freezing beef burger patties. I work 'till 6:30, go straight to the gym, and don't get home 'till 9. Needs to be meals I can prepare in advance and preferably stores well.

Couscous and chicken, tabbouleh and chicken with tzakziki.
post #22303 of 46399

After breaking my incline bench PR two days ago, I got some aching in the lower back of my left deltoid, right over the back of the pit on the shoulder. I was surprised by the progress. Went from 120 x 5 last week to 130 x 10 with ease. The pain is starting to go away now, but it hurt yesterday when raising the arm above parallell. No intense pain, but I hadn't got it before.

 

It was most likely caused by less than perfect form. I don't think my form's bad, but it I guess it could improve. I've learnt to arch, pull shoulder blades together and stay tight through the whole body. Anyone have any ideas what could cause the aching?

post #22304 of 46399
Whats your grip width like? Im also the last person to be giving bench advice, but my friend is a good bencher and has healthy shoulders and his bench is practically a row
post #22305 of 46399
Finally had some time to play around with a lacrosse ball on my traps. Have not focused that much on it because pain is in my neck but everyone is telling me that the root cause is likely lower. Used the below video as a guide. Not sure if it will alleviate the neck pain but there were definitely lots of knots in the area that seemed worth trying to break up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDV_rkrDIM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts