or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1478

post #22156 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

In other news, I had a meeting with a chiro today about my neck pain. I think chiros are BS but I got a free examination and massage so I figured what the heck. Guy said my neck is pitched forward, probably related to my work set-up (which I agree with). His suggested approach (besides seeing him for like 30 sessions and giving him a ton of $$$) was for me to spend 10 minutes each night hanging my head off the foot of my bed. I get this intuition but I am guessing this is some chiro BS. Thoughts? I am obviously not going back to him but would entertain doing the neck bed thing.

 

I've seen bad chiros and good chiros. The one I'm seeing right now has helped tremendously.

 

The hanging your head off the foot of the bed thing is essentially a free, at-home way of doing traction. Basically it will relieve some of the pressure on your neck and let muscles/nerves stretch out some. It's totally legit and has helped me in the past.

post #22157 of 49418
That's a lot of pushing
post #22158 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

I've seen bad chiros and good chiros. The one I'm seeing right now has helped tremendously.

The hanging your head off the foot of the bed thing is essentially a free, at-home way of doing traction. Basically it will relieve some of the pressure on your neck and let muscles/nerves stretch out some. It's totally legit and has helped me in the past.

Good to know, thank you. He suggested a few minutes with shoulders and head off the bed, then a few more minutes with shoulders on the bed, neck still off the end.
post #22159 of 49418
Do you just let the head dangle? or support it with muscles?
post #22160 of 49418

Dangle. With shoulders on, this is similar to cervical traction. With shoulders off the bed as well, you are getting some traction through the thoracic and lumbar. 

post #22161 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

also do want some cheap oly fractional plates.

Damn, code only works on bands ("XMAS25" since I didn't see it posted here).
post #22162 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon View Post

Damn, code only works on bands ("XMAS25" since I didn't see it posted here).

yeah, still an awesome discount. gonna pick up the pro package with 2x #1-5 and 2x fractional plate sets. ive been on their mailing list for awhile and dont remember any significant discounts other than this one.
post #22163 of 49418
Just saw a chiro/physical therapist today that reads Tnation and likes Brett Contreras. Turns out my upper back problem is from a lack of scapular stability and a weak ass serratus anterior.
post #22164 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Dangle. With shoulders on, this is similar to cervical traction. With shoulders off the bed as well, you are getting some traction through the thoracic and lumbar. 

wierd i will try this
post #22165 of 49418
i rmember kunk posted numbers once and somebody called him out on it said its not physically possible and challenged to produce video as evidence. it took like a month to get a video posted and it was only sent privately. apparently it was too blurry or at a bad angle or something so we never found out if it was real
post #22166 of 49418
I don't know about kunk but it is definitely possible:

I don't understand why you guys want to compare charly and kunk so bad though.
post #22167 of 49418
Yeah, some of those numbers are insane.
Dips with three 20 kg plates? BB curls with 90 kg? He curled as much as I DL'd for my last set today shog[1].gif
post #22168 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by theom- View Post

Just saw a chiro/physical therapist today that reads Tnation and likes Brett Contreras. Turns out my upper back problem is from a lack of scapular stability and a weak ass serratus anterior.

What he prescribe?
post #22169 of 49418
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Yeah, some of those numbers are insane.
Dips with three 20 kg plates? BB curls with 90 kg? He curled as much as I DL'd for my last set today shog[1].gif

BW+135 isn't that crazy for dips.
post #22170 of 49418
probably 1/3 range dips which i coin as derps.

dont get me started on proper form olympic dips with shoulders externally rotated
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts