or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1465

post #21961 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

I find it hard to believe you gained 40lb of LBM and bench 140lbx8 and squat 2 plate or something. I've probably put on less LBM and started at a smaller size then you and am putting up significantly higher numbers.You're probably over estimating your fat gain. If you want to go on test so much do it, guessing your mid 20s so your endocrine system has stabalized buy some test e, HcG an AI and some nolva and shoot that shit into your ass/stomach. You still probably won't bench 100kg after a 12 week cycle though.

I dunno man, im 2-3lb away from being 200, and i would have thought im a few percent away from 20% BF so thats a good 160 lean mass, and i started with 120 if im lucky. I've thought abotu and researched test pretty thoroughly, not something i want to jump into right at the moment as i feel it would be more out of impatience than necessity.
post #21962 of 46444
200lb guy with 20% bf and a 145lb bench thoroughly researching test while also repeatedly complaining about a lack of progression and simultaneously insisting they do not need any form of coaching. are you an elaborate troll?
post #21963 of 46444

For real man I weigh 182 at 6'1 and all my numbers are significantly higher *and I know I'm doing a shit job* since my goal is keeping my weight, lean or otherwise low.

post #21964 of 46444
stinger needs to spend less time on forums and more time in the gym
post #21965 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

200lb guy with 20% bf and a 145lb bench thoroughly researching test while also repeatedly complaining about a lack of progression and simultaneously insisting they do not need any form of coaching. are you an elaborate troll?

I dont really get your point from this post. You've listed my stats and claimed that im trolling. I'm one of the few people who has actually worked out for long enough and ate enough to go from skinny to almost looking like i lift. Are you saying my stats have been exaggerated? Also where are your pictures, it would be interesting to know who i am receiving advice/criticism from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

stinger needs to spend less time on forums and more time in the gym

I know because arnold trained 4-5 hours a day right? maybe thats where im going wrong.
post #21966 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

I dont really get your point from this post. You've listed my stats and claimed that im trolling. I'm one of the few people who has actually worked out for long enough and ate enough to go from skinny to almost looking like i lift. Are you saying my stats have been exaggerated? Also where are your pictures, it would be interesting to know who i am receiving advice/criticism from.
I know because arnold trained 4-5 hours a day right? maybe thats where im going wrong.

you can search this thread for shirtless pictures of me from months ago. while you're at it, re-read my previous post directed at you which you've overlooked.

you can be a smartass all you want, but at the end of the day you're still weak and skinnyfat. if you'd prefer to continue being weak and looking like shit while insulting people who are guiding you in a direction that could only possibly result in you becoming stronger and more aesthetic, then go right ahead. no skin off my back.
post #21967 of 46444
No, this is why:

You complain about injuries, you are weak, you complain about injuries, you continue to be weak. You don't listen to a word of advice. You continue to be weak. You say you've "researched" test.

You squat less than I bench, and I have a terrible bench.
post #21968 of 46444
But nobody has given me any advice apart from eat more and lift heavy, which i've followed and put about 65lbs on my frame, 7 inches on my chest, 7 inches on each leg and 4 inches on each arm. Yet you all still bash me and say im not listening to advice. I get injured a lot because my body and posture is fucked from years of doing nothing, and i always push my limits with my training, often too far that i end up getting injured and have to back off a bit. But surely thats better than going too light and taking it easy all the time. While i am very displeased with my physique and am not posting this to make out that im aesthetic, here is a recent back picture that shows im probably not as fat as you seem to have decided i am.

post #21969 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

you can search this thread for shirtless pictures of me from months ago. while you're at it, re-read my previous post directed at you which you've overlooked.

Oh, didnt see you edited that post, i`ll go read it now.
post #21970 of 46444
you incessantly complain about how weak you are, to which i responded "get a coach." a lot of other people echoed this recommendation. you then used some convoluted logic that has nothing to do with anything to explain why you would not benefit from coaching. that is why you are not listening.

as simply as i can possibly make it:

option one: hire a good coach, don't think, bust your ass for a year

option two: don't hire a coach, and stop complaining

i dont really have anything else to say about this so yeah.
post #21971 of 46444
I agree, if you are 200lbs and have a 145lbs benchpress, you probably have technique issues that someone who knows what they are doing can help with. Obviously you have tried and failed at fixing it yourself. There are not many options here.
post #21972 of 46444
post #21973 of 46444
Stinger:

making progress, getting injured, rinse repeat, isn't a good way to train.

I know people who "push the limits" and don't have setbacks - hmm, what is it they are doing that you are not?

If you'r posture is fucked, your goal should be to fix it, not to continue lifting. Let's say you squat to parallel and your back is rounded. Over and over and over again you do this.

You get injured, you back off. You go back to squatting.

How does this make sense?
post #21974 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

i said "good coach" and you've already excluded that trainer from that category based on what you've said about him, so i'm not sure why you're using him as an example to not get a coach. furthermore, you've already affirmed that your strength levels are pretty low for your bodyweight, so tell me again why you don't need someone to tell you how many calories to eat? you're complaining about how all your big lifts suck and you aren't aesthetic, so how exactly would you not benefit from coaching from someone with an elite total and 200+lb of LBM?
i already referenced you overcoming a good amount of adversity - you can hawk that fact that you gained 40lbs of LBM all you want, and good on you, but the fact is you post in here incessantly about how much you suck. i dont care about how much of it is you being hard on yourself. stop patting yourself on the back for that elevator speech you dish out anytime anyone criticizes you about not shutting up about your level of suckitude. seriously dude, if you are honestly really wanting to stop being frustrated with your training, i will carefully outline some steps for you to follow:
1. hire a good coach
2. do absolutely everything he tells you for a year
3. don't think
you clearly have the stick-tuitiveness and the desire to succeed which is something a lot of people don't have. you're on styleforum of all places, where people spend exorbitant amounts of money on unnecessary things. if you can't save up $300 for something you obsess over then you should at least stop complaining about it.

Ok, but the guy i mentioned has the aesthetics that i want, so how can you discount him as a good coach? If he doesnt need deadlifts to look like that, why would i? Regardless, there are no coaches like you mention where i live, as im sure Fuji will agree as he lives not that far from me. The $300 isnt a problem and i definitley wouldnt need to save up for it, not sure what made you come up with that straw man.
post #21975 of 46444
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

Stinger:
making progress, getting injured, rinse repeat, isn't a good way to train.
I know people who "push the limits" and don't have setbacks - hmm, what is it they are doing that you are not?
If you'r posture is fucked, your goal should be to fix it, not to continue lifting. Let's say you squat to parallel and your back is rounded. Over and over and over again you do this.
You get injured, you back off. You go back to squatting.
How does this make sense?

Because each time you learn something? I injured my SI joint squatting for an unknown reason, once i worked out what it was i disregarded it, and now its fine. Shoulder i learnt to keep my scapular retracted at all times on pressing movements, and now its improving.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts