or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1369

post #20521 of 46067
Yeah dude is around 15. No visible abs but has a defined upper body.
post #20522 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

damn we are a bunch of broken up busted sorry ass bros in here

I appreciate all the advice given out in this thread, it has been extremely motivating and informative. However, I do wonder if the reason for the rash of injured people in this thread is related to so many of us being self-trained. Maybe injuries are an inevitable part of lifting but I bet if I had a good trainer, mine would have been avoided. Problem is, I have no idea where to find said good trainer.
post #20523 of 46067
Could use that guy on IA everyone loves
post #20524 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

I appreciate all the advice given out in this thread, it has been extremely motivating and informative. However, I do wonder if the reason for the rash of injured people in this thread is related to so many of us being self-trained. Maybe injuries are an inevitable part of lifting but I bet if I had a good trainer, mine would have been avoided. Problem is, I have no idea where to find said good trainer.

eh, my injuries are due to stupid accidents and poor decision making, not so much the self-directed part. from what i seen i think most injuries happen while doing stupid shit, like not dropping DBs, re-racking weights improperly or falling over in the damn shower. given that form for big lifts is in check, which i would say requires peer video review, i dont think many lifting injuries happen until bigger weights are being pushed around.

as far as training goes, i just found out the fitness subsidy at my job counts towards correspondence training. dat feel when you get fed lunch erryday and they pay for your lifting coach, hopefully i can get some deep tissue abuse/massage with dat benefits package. dont think i am going to go with ex again; i want some different perspectives especially since i feel like an unconditioned fat pig when i walk up a flight of stairs, perhaps its time for a change in focus once i am not broken.
post #20525 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

eh, my injuries are due to stupid accidents and poor decision making, not so much the self-directed part. from what i seen i think most injuries happen while doing stupid shit, like not dropping DBs, re-racking weights improperly or falling over in the damn shower. given that form for big lifts is in check, which i would say requires peer video review, i dont think many lifting injuries happen until bigger weights are being pushed around.
as far as training goes, i just found out the fitness subsidy at my job counts towards correspondence training. dat feel when you get fed lunch erryday and they pay for your lifting coach, hopefully i can get some deep tissue abuse/massage with dat benefits package. dont think i am going to go with ex again; i want some different perspectives especially since i feel like an unconditioned fat pig when i walk up a flight of stairs, perhaps its time for a change in focus once i am not broken.

Add sprints twice a week after squats. Start off light -- something like 5x50. Then work your way up to 5x100. Then add some 200s, 400s. Also, stop taking elevators. I only take elevators if I physically cannot hold everything I need to bring. This means on a given day I probably go up 40 or more flights of stairs.
post #20526 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Add sprints twice a week after squats. Start off light -- something like 5x50. Then work your way up to 5x100. Then add some 200s, 400s. Also, stop taking elevators. I only take elevators if I physically cannot hold everything I need to bring. This means on a given day I probably go up 40 or more flights of stairs.

Hill sprints if poss.
post #20527 of 46067
found a good article on shoulder posture/strength/flexibility. pretty much mirrors everything that has already been said, but equally as interesting. at this point I sort of want to take benching, dumbell benching, band benching out of my program and just do alternatives of pushups until I'm good at doing those then move to flat bench.

http://www.norcalwaterpolo.com/downloads/PurePower-Shoulder.pdf
post #20528 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

found a good article on shoulder posture/strength/flexibility. pretty much mirrors everything that has already been said, but equally as interesting. at this point I sort of want to take benching, dumbell benching, band benching out of my program and just do alternatives of pushups until I'm good at doing those then move to flat bench.
http://www.norcalwaterpolo.com/downloads/PurePower-Shoulder.pdf

i dont think you need to drop everything bench, just assault your upper back/rear delts. i have never had routine-induced shoulder issues and i have been doing loads of pullaparts, face pulls, and prone T / Y trap raises as shown in the article for some time now. i especially credit the prone Y raise for keeping my shoulders very happy. you're training with ex, right? there was always plenty of upper back/rear delt work to counterbalance the pressing for me, but if you're really concerned i suppose you could drop a set of bench and add extra sets of upper back to hit that 3:1 ratio the article recommends.
post #20529 of 46067
http://community.hypemuscle.com/forums/mens-bodybuilding-fitness-workout/436-periodization.html

interdesting article on periodization. Looking at the article it seems i've basically been doing one long peaking cycle for the last 9 months.
post #20530 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

i dont think you need to drop everything bench, just assault your upper back/rear delts. i have never had routine-induced shoulder issues and i have been doing loads of pullaparts, face pulls, and prone T / Y trap raises as shown in the article for some time now. i especially credit the prone Y raise for keeping my shoulders very happy. you're training with ex, right? there was always plenty of upper back/rear delt work to counterbalance the pressing for me, but if you're really concerned i suppose you could drop a set of bench and add extra sets of upper back to hit that 3:1 ratio the article recommends.

ex is John right? Yea I am, he does have a good ratio of pull to press. One of the reasons I was really happy with him when he sent me a workout because I think it's really important. I'm going to try the Y prone raises today, nothing i have done before.
post #20531 of 46067

I second this, that dude is around 13-15%, which where I am.  I got deadlift 1RM to 2xBW yesterday, not sure exactly how good that is, but its fucking great for me.

post #20532 of 46067
Feeding window closing and I don't feel like cooking, so I walk across the street to a mexican diner:

Got 1/2 a roast chicken: 665 calories.34g fat, 80 g protein, 2g carbs. Delicious as hell.

The best part: It's $5
post #20533 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

http://community.hypemuscle.com/forums/mens-bodybuilding-fitness-workout/436-periodization.html
interdesting article on periodization. Looking at the article it seems i've basically been doing one long peaking cycle for the last 9 months.
good read. I was plateauing on 5x5 for a while, switched to meso cycle based work and my squats & dls have improved accordingly.
post #20534 of 46067
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Feeding window closing and I don't feel like cooking, so I walk across the street to a mexican diner:
Got 1/2 a roast chicken: 665 calories.34g fat, 80 g protein, 2g carbs. Delicious as hell.
The best part: It's $5

Ain't nuthin son.

Anyone have WinCo around them? Whole rotisserie-style lemon pepper chicken. $3.79.
post #20535 of 46067
these all leather wraps are pretty awesome
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts