or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1359

post #20371 of 49511
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Was that 500 deficit calculated from your measured calories before you started the diet?
Or was the 500 deficit calculated from an online calculator (highly inaccurate for some people) for when you started the diet?

Online calculator from a IF page. Was 2500 maintenance for someone at 181cm and 170 lbs
post #20372 of 49511
2500 was maitenence for me (5'6" ~168 when i started)
post #20373 of 49511
The toughest thing is the activity factor I think. A lot of people probably get that wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

sorta sketched out by taking these NSAID's every morning for a month.. but I guess people do this all the time?

I had some prescription strength NSAIDs for when I sprained my MCL playing hockey two years ago. They were great for hangovers. shog[1].gif
post #20374 of 49511
I seem to activate my hammies a lot during ATG squats, and don't feel it as quickly in my quads and glutes. Is this normal? I have good bar movement (straight-line vertical) and don't lean forward.
post #20375 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

I seem to activate my hammies a lot during ATG squats, and don't feel it as quickly in my quads and glutes. Is this normal? I have good bar movement (straight-line vertical) and don't lean forward.

I think thats pretty much the opposite of whats supposed to happen.
post #20376 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Online calculator from a IF page. Was 2500 maintenance for someone at 181cm and 170 lbs

Seems a bit low for someone that does some hard lifting. But I don't know what your training is like.
post #20377 of 49511
meh

I R WEAK, FUK U
post #20378 of 49511
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Seems a bit low for someone that does some hard lifting. But I don't know what your training is like.

5/3/1 3-4 days a week, triumvirate.
post #20379 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

meh Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I R WEAK, FUK U

Is that pull a type of deadlift you do for oly lifting? I only ask because your hips rise way too fast in relation to the bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

5/3/1 3-4 days a week, triumvirate.

It's my opinion but your metabolism might be crashed (or crashing). Calories seem really low. But that's just my take on it.
post #20380 of 49511
Does anyone on here work as a personal trainer? I'm thinking of getting. Certification. It there's so many options I'm not sure what would be best.
post #20381 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

sorta sketched out by taking these NSAID's every morning for a month.. but I guess people do this all the time?

Good luck with your ulcer goals of 2012. frown.gif
post #20382 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintoTerra View Post

Does anyone on here work as a personal trainer? I'm thinking of getting. Certification. It there's so many options I'm not sure what would be best.

I'm studying for my NASM-CPT certification. NASM and I believe ACE are the two most regarded based on my research a couple months ago.
post #20383 of 49511
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

I think thats pretty much the opposite of whats supposed to happen.

Exactly why I posted about it.. was wondering if anybody had tips.
post #20384 of 49511

How long do you typically rest in between sets for the big compound lifts?

I may have been taking too little rest, which would explain why I've had some trouble increasing weight.

 

Also read that 1-2 sets for accessory movements is enough. Correct?

Sorta tired of the volume of IA SPBR and would like to lower it a bit if possible.

post #20385 of 49511

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Curling in the squat rack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts