or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1351

post #20251 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Thanks for the input. Def going to see a specialist for my hip.

What about leaning to far forward when going heavy on squats? Surely this is a common problem for people with bad form?
Should I focus on getting a stronger core or just deload and slowly adding weight again (my form is better if I drop 10 lbs off)?
as in, your upper body leans? you lose upper back tightness? chest drops?
post #20252 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

What kind of trackball do you have?
I currently use
11447786-logitech-trackman-wheel-optical-silver.jpg
But some have said this is better
21738.png

I got this guy: http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K72337US-Orbit-Trackball-Scroll/dp/B002OOWB3O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346356859&sr=8-3&keywords=trackball

just so im not tempted to use it as a mouse. i keep it on my left side so I can let me right shoulder heal a bit.
post #20253 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

as in, your upper body leans? you lose upper back tightness? chest drops?

My whole upper body tilts forward when going up from the bottom. Not upright enough. You could say my chest drops but I probably also lose a bit of upper back tightness. 

Deloading seems like the logical solution although I absolutely hate it. Want to move more weight, not less censored.gif

Maybe paused squats?

post #20254 of 46479
Eric Spoto is a benching phenomenon



Makes me sad.
post #20255 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

My whole upper body tilts forward when going up from the bottom. Not upright enough. You could say my chest drops but I probably also lose a bit of upper back tightness. 
Deloading seems like the logical solution although I absolutely hate it. Want to move more weight, not less censored.gif
Maybe paused squats?

I've found overhead squats to be the best thing for my posture.
post #20256 of 46479
Had to go to the gym late today...worst fucking mistake ever. All these inconsiderate skinny high school assholes show up all at once(I'm guessing whenever they get done with their after school activities) and ruin the entire gym. It was horrible...had a proud member of the 12 Inch Arm Club bump into me during skullcrushers. Some couple was kissing between sets(serious). They hogged all the equipment, and they smelled like pure asshole. Seriously...do you even deodorant?

Never going back at that time again. Next time I'll just wait it out and go late at night. Worst workout of my entire life.
post #20257 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

 

I also got a problem of doing a good morning out of the bottom when I go for PR's. I use a low bar setup and the form is usually corrected on the second and third set where I for some reason seem to have better form (I drop the weight 5 lbs or so sometimes). I always do one or two warm up sets but maybe that's not enough? Is my core to weak? I feel like my legs aren't doing enough work when squatting. More sore in upper and lower back afterwards. Time for serious hip mobility work and deloading with form correction to more upright chest?


http://squatrx.blogspot.com.au/2008/06/squats-lower-back-pain.html

 

Also re warm up sets: I need like five but then again I'm weak and untrained. This is after five minutes on the bike too.

post #20258 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

My whole upper body tilts forward when going up from the bottom. Not upright enough. You could say my chest drops but I probably also lose a bit of upper back tightness. 
Deloading seems like the logical solution although I absolutely hate it. Want to move more weight, not less censored.gif
Maybe paused squats?
But you are able to stay more upright with lighter weight? Probably an issue of core strength and low back...

Honesty just keep working at it. Start doing good mornings, RDLs, deadlifts, etc etc. Front squats won't hurt either. The wessiiideeee guys do a lot of standing ab work.
post #20259 of 46479
Also where the hell can you buy decently fitting cheap shirts for bulking season? It's amazing what will pass for "slim fit" these days. frown.gif
post #20260 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Also where the hell can you buy decently fitting cheap shirts for bulking season? It's amazing what will pass for "slim fit" these days. frown.gif

Just returned 2 uniqlo slim fit oxfords in L because I couldnt even fit into them, the arms were way too tight. Haven't tried the regular ones yet.
post #20261 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

Just returned 2 uniqlo slim fit oxfords in L because I couldnt even fit into them, the arms were way too tight. Haven't tried the regular ones yet.

It's a nightmare. I'm heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend...hope they have an H&M there or something so I can try and squeeze into some of their shirts.
post #20262 of 46479
i think i will try and get the subsidy spent on distance training, if not probably a membership at a yoga studio or something. the idea of spending free money on a gym membership at a corporate hellhole chain makes me sad.

mucho respect to the big bencher dude up there, but what is with the whole not-locking-out thing? not disrespecting but every bench video out of elitefts or whatever features bench monsters doing 20 reps of what looks to be 3/4 rom. what gives? lockouts only for comps or do i just not get it?
post #20263 of 46479
1RM PR of 2x BW last night on DLs. Not that impressive compared to most but I'm a skinny dude @ 155 lbs.
Edited by Flame - 9/11/12 at 7:40pm
post #20264 of 46479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

i think i will try and get the subsidy spent on distance training, if not probably a membership at a yoga studio or something. the idea of spending free money on a gym membership at a corporate hellhole chain makes me sad.
mucho respect to the big bencher dude up there, but what is with the whole not-locking-out thing? not disrespecting but every bench video out of elitefts or whatever features bench monsters doing 20 reps of what looks to be 3/4 rom. what gives? lockouts only for comps or do i just not get it?

I think at very high weights locking out, thus placing the load on your joints, is often limited to reduce injury.
post #20265 of 46479



from fuji to his bish

"In some bros house in NYU. Trolling cunts, pissed in some girls sink because she was being a cunt but it wasn't her house. #YOLO. Gay brahs sleeping next to me, hoping i dont get raped i reckon he doesn't even lift, might go out on saturday and be cunts to more people. Drank a 4loko, told girls they were scum because they didn't drink gin and tonic. Asked bishes why they were hill billies. I am zues"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts