or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1335

post #20011 of 49417
Whenever Fuji and Bacon are around. When do you guys get in?
post #20012 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Guy in the video has a huge arch. Mines nowhere as big as that, it's probably not that noticeable looking from the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post

Probably looks like he's been lifting for a long time, hence the flexibility.


Yeah, for most people, it just takes time to reach that flexibility. Took me a while too. At first, you couldn't really tell. And now, I've got a pretty decent arch going. Still want to get it higher but have to go about it slowly with some ribcage stretching.
post #20013 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

How does BENCHING help for track and baseball?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame 
(track, basketball)
post #20014 of 49417
Like that makes a difference? You seriously thinking that bench press has carryover for those sports? Because PUSHING when you're STANDING is what you need?
post #20015 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

Like that makes a difference? You seriously thinking that bench press has carryover for those sports? Because PUSHING when you're STANDING is what you need?


I have got no idea about track, but having a solid bench (or upper body strength in general) definitely helps with basketball. The carryover isn't as obvious as it is with a football lineman, but there is a healthy dose of pushing involved in basketball.

post #20016 of 49417
He could be a sprinter. You need a good amount of upper body strength for that. And come on Knucks, bench pressing might not directly make him hit 4 more shots per game, but being in overall better shape and stronger can only help you in just about every sport.
post #20017 of 49417
Joe Defranco has baseball players bench, Joe Defranco knows about sports and shit. Bench probably has carry over to baseball.
post #20018 of 49417
Fuji, Bacon, Theom+, Charly(?) anyone else in NYC:

How does thursday night the 30th work for you bros? Maybe get some Japanese/korean BBQ? I know a good place on 44th and 8th.
post #20019 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Fuji, Bacon, Theom+, Charly(?) anyone else in NYC:
How does thursday night the 30th work for you bros? Maybe get some Japanese/korean BBQ? I know a good place on 44th and 8th.

Unfortunately, I live in Philly and won't be in NY on that date. The next time I'm in NY, is 9/14-9/16.
post #20020 of 49417
after benching and feeling fine with my elbow, i tried some good mornings with a low-bar setup yesterday during back day. forearm and some fingers went numb and kinda tingly afterwards and now my elbow is stiff as fuck. bonus points, good mornings also gave me random minor numbness and tingling in the legs. for fucks sake, so irritating, guess i am taking a week off of things. whats more irritating than the fact that these were stupid ass injuries doing from doing stupid shit is that there are 100000 dyel bros doing their cable crossover circlejerks blissfully enjoying zero injuries. fuck life
post #20021 of 49417
post #20022 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

Like that makes a difference? You seriously thinking that bench press has carryover for those sports? Because PUSHING when you're STANDING is what you need?

Do you purposefully try to sound like a huge douche when you post or is it by accident?
post #20023 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Do you purposefully try to sound like a huge douche when you post or is it by accident?
Usually quite on purpose. I don't know if you've realized, but I am quite short with my replies.

Can benching help? I'm not sure. Should it be included if you want to be faster? I highly doubt it.

Is it good for CNS? Sure. Is it good for power development? Mehbe.

Do you think this guy's training has a healthy dose of bench pressing? I doubt it.
It's like this:
What will help you more?
Squatting 500 or benching 315?
post #20024 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

after benching and feeling fine with my elbow, i tried some good mornings with a low-bar setup yesterday during back day. forearm and some fingers went numb and kinda tingly afterwards and now my elbow is stiff as fuck. bonus points, good mornings also gave me random minor numbness and tingling in the legs. for fucks sake, so irritating, guess i am taking a week off of things. whats more irritating than the fact that these were stupid ass injuries doing from doing stupid shit is that there are 100000 dyel bros doing their cable crossover circlejerks blissfully enjoying zero injuries. fuck life
I think you need a healthy dose of unilateral work as part of your rehab.
post #20025 of 49417
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Fuji, Bacon, Theom+, Charly(?) anyone else in NYC:
How does thursday night the 30th work for you bros? Maybe get some Japanese/korean BBQ? I know a good place on 44th and 8th.


I can't drive/ don't know where anything in NY is. How can I get back to NJ at night?



Guy in the video goes to luffborough uni, brah goes to luffburough uni. Apparently he does bench.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts