or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1322

post #19816 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouveau Pauvre View Post

No shit? What condition was it in?

i had read it a couple of times, so listed as very good.
that seems to be the going rate. i had no particular love for it, would have taken $20 so anything above that was a bonus.
post #19817 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

Don McCauley is the shit.

he seems pretty legit
post #19818 of 46912
Went on vacation in Chi, ate a ton of deep dish pizza plus nasty stuff, still only at 163, up a few pounds. Lifts are still going up, I'm having trouble eating 250g protein/day but planning out my meals better from now on so it shouldn't be a problem. Ate a whole tub of cottage cheese with some eggs last night haha.
post #19819 of 46912
post #19820 of 46912
I got an email from my gf who is trying to bulk despite knee issues making squats/dl's impossible.

"question: if i have a shake after my workout and then its another 2 hours til my dinner, will i go all catabolic brah? ive already eaten a ton today"

inlove.gif
post #19821 of 46912
my girlfriend always* tells me "i ate too much" yet still weighs in at 93lbs




*always ~ 3 times a week
post #19822 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post


I don't count fats, only carbs and protein, but I aim for: 220 protein, 80 fat, 60 carbs rest day, and 220 protein, 40g fat, and 400g carbs lifting day.
Ate so much tonight I literally thought I was going to puke for about 3 hours. :x

This seems to be the typical IF protocol. Guessing you're maintenance is around 2500-2700?

GN - It's basically a recomp for slow but steady lean gains and little to no fat loss. If you look on the site there are plenty of clients that have gained strength while loosing fat.

 

The protocol is as follows:

Heavy carb loading on training days. 125% kcals of maintenance. Macros are 50C, 30P, 20F. If you train fasted, the post-workout meal should have approx 35-40% of total kcals, very high in carbs and almost no fat. The rest of your meals for the day should have increasing fat and decreasing carbs. If you have a pre workout meal, that should be most protein and fats with the few carbs coming from veggies.

 

On rest days you eat 50% of maintenance at macros 20C, 50P, 30F. First meal is the biggest and should be very rich in protein. All carbs should come from veggies on this day.

 

 

I do a bulk oriented version of this protocol. My lifts are still low so I just focus on gaining strength while trying to minimize fat gain. I do as above but on rest days I eat 80-90% of maintenance at macros 25C, 40P, 35F. This lets me eat big "normal" meals and get my carbs from richer sources.

post #19823 of 46912
failed on bench press with 65kg on the bar on 5th rep, didnt care, finally moving more weight and didnt expect to get 3 reps so 4 was a bonus. Probably put another 5lb on the bar next week, hope this continues for a few weeks, will be so pleased when i get to 70kg at last. Definitley the bars in my gym are different, the grip rings on one are narrow as fuck, so i swapped it for the bar on the squat rack which is usually on the bench. feels better and the grip is wider. I hope they are both 20kg or i could be weaker than i thought.
post #19824 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

This seems to be the typical IF protocol. Guessing you're maintenance is around 2500-2700?
GN - It's basically a recomp for slow but steady lean gains and little to no fat loss. If you look on the site there are plenty of clients that have gained strength while loosing fat.

The protocol is as follows:
Heavy carb loading on training days. 125% kcals of maintenance. Macros are 50C, 30P, 20F. If you train fasted, the post-workout meal should have approx 35-40% of total kcals, very high in carbs and almost no fat. The rest of your meals for the day should have increasing fat and decreasing carbs. If you have a pre workout meal, that should be most protein and fats with the few carbs coming from veggies.

On rest days you eat 50% of maintenance at macros 20C, 50P, 30F. First meal is the biggest and should be very rich in protein. All carbs should come from veggies on this day.


I do a bulk oriented version of this protocol. My lifts are still low so I just focus on gaining strength while trying to minimize fat gain. I do as above but on rest days I eat 80-90% of maintenance at macros 25C, 40P, 35F. This lets me eat big "normal" meals and get my carbs from richer sources.

Yeah I did a whole bunch of reading on it. I'm using it to cut--8 days in, down about 4 lbs though most of it is probs water weight..

While I'm good at hitting my calories/macros, most of it is shit food. Havne't been able to cook, bleh.

Are you sure the rest day macros are 50%? I thought the most you'd cut is 30% of maintenance.
Edited by GraphicNovelty - 8/16/12 at 1:16pm
post #19825 of 46912
Got an MRI on my shoulder and a new bike all in one week! Results have not come back on the MRI yet.

post #19826 of 46912
went at my psoas today. ffuuuu feels great after though.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #19827 of 46912
i love cross bikes
post #19828 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

i love cross bikes

Nice! This is actually my first foray into cross bikes. My commute is through some bumpy ass roads, construction work, and rolling hills. After hating my life on my fix gear I looked around on the net and figured I should try a crossbike. They seem like a ton of fun..
post #19829 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post


Yeah I did a whole bunch of reading on it. I'm using it to cut--8 days in, down about 4 lbs though most of it is probs water weight..
While I'm good at hitting my calories/macros, most of it is shit food. Havne't been able to cook, bleh.
Are you sure the rest day macros are 50%? I thought the most you'd cut is 30% of maintenance.

Nah, I'm not entirely sure if it's 50%. Since he doesn't go in-depth about the actual protocols on the site, I just googled "IF recomp" and stumbled upon a couple of threads and articles which all said 50% on rest days. Martin himself could advice his clients to eat more, I don't know.

 

If you think about it though, if all your carbs would come from veggies you would eat a lot of less calories. 50% may be quite reasonable then. Anyway, I think it is excessive and couldn't bare to eat only sallad, meat and fat every other day. I will continue like I do now and if I stall, I will increase rest day cals. If weight increases to fast, I simply drop the cals on those off days. Seems like the easy way to go about it.

post #19830 of 46912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Nice! This is actually my first foray into cross bikes. My commute is through some bumpy ass roads, construction work, and rolling hills. After hating my life on my fix gear I looked around on the net and figured I should try a crossbike. They seem like a ton of fun..
yeah im no pro but the bigger tire clearances and a more relaxed geometry make for a great ride
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts