or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1298

post #19456 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

i want p90x yoga because i've heard good things.
The DVD is $50 on ebay though. And demonoid is down ffffuuuu.gif
demonoid was serving up malware ads so the owner pulled it. He has no ETA on its return since he has stuff going on in his life.


bros, I need help with DLing. can one of you guys outline the steps you take during a pull, since I'm just pulling with no idea wtf I'm doing at this point.. and there are a lot of sketchy videos on youtube.
post #19457 of 48558
Coldsnap, you should totally wear a Burzum bandshirt to the gym.
post #19458 of 48558
dat feel when you are smashing your assistance work and tacking on +5 reps per set and on the high of life while completely crushing your workout before you realize you miscounted when you loaded up your dbs and are lifting 10lbs less per handle. then dat feel when all of your other assistance work tanks after you loaded up your dbs properly. fffffff
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

demonoid was serving up malware ads so the owner pulled it. He has no ETA on its return since he has stuff going on in his life.
bros, I need help with DLing. can one of you guys outline the steps you take during a pull, since I'm just pulling with no idea wtf I'm doing at this point.. and there are a lot of sketchy videos on youtube.

1. bar over mid-foot, shoulder-width
2. grab bar with stiff legs, tense up
3. staying tense, lower ass until bar contacts shins and arms are perpendicular to floor. all slack should be pulled out of the bar at this point, and if you were to let go of the bar you would go flying backwards. this position should be uncomfortable as all hell.
4. drive heels into the ground. the bar should come off the floor at this point.

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388
post #19459 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune View Post

Coldsnap, you should totally wear a Burzum bandshirt to the gym.

Would you die if I told you I have a sleeveless Burzum shirt that I occasionally wear to the gym? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

For the heavy sets
Edited by Coldsnap - 8/6/12 at 12:09pm
post #19460 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

1. bar over mid-foot, shoulder-width
2. grab bar with stiff legs, tense up
3. staying tense, lower ass until bar contacts shins and arms are perpendicular to floor. all slack should be pulled out of the bar at this point, and if you were to let go of the bar you would go flying backwards. this position should be uncomfortable as all hell.
4. drive heels into the ground. the bar should come off the floor at this point.
http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388

This is very solid. I was not doing #3, which may be why my DL felt so awkward and went nowhere. I was pulling from about parallel and arms tight, which made driving the bar up really hard to do.

Thanks!
post #19461 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

demonoid was serving up malware ads so the owner pulled it. He has no ETA on its return since he has stuff going on in his life.
bros, I need help with DLing. can one of you guys outline the steps you take during a pull, since I'm just pulling with no idea wtf I'm doing at this point.. and there are a lot of sketchy videos on youtube.

Demonoid was shut down by Police: http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/6/3223253/demonoid-bittorrent-tracker-shut-down-by-ukrainian-police
post #19462 of 48558
Quote:

That was today. The malware thing and a DDOS preceded it. http://www.cnet.com.au/demonoid-redirecting-to-malware-after-ddos-attack-339340995.htm
post #19463 of 48558
can anyone comment on "typical" proportions? ie. at what point are someone's arms qualified as being long? lagrang i remember you commenting on those UK girls being short/having long legs for oly lifters. is there a chart somewhere detailing this or rules of thumb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune View Post

I love Tyr, especially their Danish songs. Ensiferum is pretty ace too. Nothing makes lifting heavy weights easier than feeling like a viking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPimzmtYQAg icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

on vikings owning: agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouveau Pauvre View Post

If you want a folk/viking aesthetic but dont want it so over-the-top I recommend:
I love Agalloch who can skew a little folk/viking at time ( and the singer was wearing a hawkwind tee when i saw em live)
I think Urfaust does a tribal/chanting thing really well
And Ulver's melodic stuff for when I really want a medieval vibe.

thanks, torrenting now
post #19464 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

lagrang i remember you commenting on those UK girls being short/having long legs for oly lifters. is there a chart somewhere detailing this or rules of thumb?

I am 100% sure the russians have had some studies done on optimal proportions for weightlifting, maybe dreschlers book has something on that too.. nothing that I could find though.

I commented mostly because the shorter chick had long levers in a sport where shorter levers (i.e. shorter limbs, manlets) are an advantage for obvious reasons.

also inb4 some douche points out the many exceptions to this like chakarev or other tall lifters
post #19465 of 48558
bought a foam roller and a mini band. Come at me crying whilst humping a piece of foam.
post #19466 of 48558
Gotta say, this dieting stuff has taken me pretty close to being a DYEL bro.. but I look better and for the first time in like 6 years actually have a drop from my shoudlers to waist.. i think general Styleforum would approve. Pinder says he's going to take me down to single digit body fat then build me up while remaining super lean...
post #19467 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Been stuck at a 415 pull now for 3 months despite gaining a shitload of weight. I've come to the conclusion that I'm grip limited.
I think it's time to finally just get over my convictions and buy some chalk/straps and a belt. frown.gif

 

Or some Captain Crush grip strengtheners...

post #19468 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

can anyone comment on "typical" proportions? ie. at what point are someone's arms qualified as being long? lagrang i remember you commenting on those UK girls being short/having long legs for oly lifters. is there a chart somewhere detailing this or rules of thumb?
There are a few books regarding this. Some in Russian, but the one I last saw was in English. I found it on Google Books but dont remember the name..google something like 'weightlifting'
post #19469 of 48558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Gotta say, this dieting stuff has taken me pretty close to being a DYEL bro.. but I look better and for the first time in like 6 years actually have a drop from my shoudlers to waist.. i think general Styleforum would approve. Pinder says he's going to take me down to single digit body fat then build me up while remaining super lean...

Congrats amigo. Are you following a specific diet? I'm going to sound like a broken record, but IF is awesome.
post #19470 of 48558
Thread Starter 
I don't get how the fuck IF is supposed to work for people who have jobs and finish work at 6pm. Finish work, get to gym around 7, finish workout at 8 OH NO YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO EAT ANYMORE.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts