or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1287

post #19291 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Hah. I mean, his attitude leaves something to be desired, but the point that too many people focus on bench press instead of shoulder press has a lot of merit...

yeah, not disagreeing with you. rip is annoying though
post #19292 of 46469
Oh boy tomorrow I get to squat with massive sunburn....
post #19293 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

First day back at the gym was pretty good, except i dropped a dumbell on my water bottle and it burst. Have decided that yates rows are one of the best exercises, wish i could fit them in my routine but they work lower back/core too much and interfere with lower body days. Also heavy low rep BB curls feel so much better for biceps than any kind of DB or preacher curl.

Agreed on the bb curls vs. preacher curls. Whenever I do preacher curls, the apparatus forces me to pitch my shoulders forward which is not comfortable and doesnt seem right. Been doing heavy bb curls, and when weight starts to feel too heavy to go all the way down to 90 degrees and back up, I slow go down to 45 degrees, hold and come back up.
post #19294 of 46469
BB curls build dem biceps like no other. The best routine I've found for biceps so far is to do barbell curls, then reverse curls, and then hammer curls. Your biceps and forearms get shredded this way. I've gotten some notable bicep improvements and HUGE forearm development this way.
post #19295 of 46469
Finally switching to bulking diet, just tracking cals and protein from now on. Keeping with IF though a really lazy version (just eating 12-8, no calorie/carb cycling or anything). Need to get 2500 cals, and I'm seriously going to have trouble eating it haha. I've been on a low cal for too long. Starting off with a double quarter cheese and large fries from mcd's: 1130 cals, 52g protein. After tacos tonight that's only like 1800 cals, maybe I'll throw a shake in too or something. I need to get to the grocery store and figure this out haha.

BTW did anyone see that North Korean dude clean and jerk 3xBW? I missed it and I've been looking for a video, can't find it on the Olympics site and all the youtube vids are just photos. Fucking unreal, though, he's like only the third person to do it.
Quote:
barbell curls, then reverse curls, and then hammer curls.

I do bb curls then reverse curls too, love that forearm burn and how crazy your forearm feels afterwards
post #19296 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

why would you say this to a kid making minimum wage? drop the weights, say "oops wont do it again" and move on.
my old university gym actually had to shut down for a week since the flooring they used in the free weight area was comprised of big sectional pieces. repeated db dropping caused the pieces to buckle, shift and overlap. big pain in the ass to fix, so its not always people getting annoyed with the sound of weights dropping when it comes to that policy. with that being said, keep dropping them - i think i've gotten more tweaks and niggling little "injuries" from awkwardly lowering dbs or hoisting them back onto the rack than doing dumb injury-worthy shit.
I actually misread his post and thought it was the gym owners telling him to not do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

yeah, not disagreeing with you. rip is annoying though
I agree. I find his sanctimonious "my way is the only way" attitude to be too much. Also his blatant condescension toward anybody living a lifestyle he disagrees with - such as vegetarians.
post #19297 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

BTW did anyone see that North Korean dude clean and jerk 3xBW? I missed it and I've been looking for a video, can't find it on the Olympics site and all the youtube vids are just photos. Fucking unreal, though, he's like only the third person to do it.

yeah I posted about it like almost immediately after

also not third guy ever to make it strong unaware
post #19298 of 46469
Vid link?

Thought he was the third to do it in OLY comp, no?

Nice attitude
post #19299 of 46469
no
post #19300 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Finally switching to bulking diet, just tracking cals and protein from now on. Keeping with IF though a really lazy version (just eating 12-8, no calorie/carb cycling or anything). Need to get 2500 cals, and I'm seriously going to have trouble eating it haha. I've been on a low cal for too long. Starting off with a double quarter cheese and large fries from mcd's: 1130 cals, 52g protein. After tacos tonight that's only like 1800 cals, maybe I'll throw a shake in too or something. I need to get to the grocery store and figure this out haha.
BTW did anyone see that North Korean dude clean and jerk 3xBW? I missed it and I've been looking for a video, can't find it on the Olympics site and all the youtube vids are just photos. Fucking unreal, though, he's like only the third person to do it.
I do bb curls then reverse curls too, love that forearm burn and how crazy your forearm feels afterwards

Bulk on 2500 a day?
post #19301 of 46469
post #19302 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort 
Bulk on 2500 a day?

I calc'd out my maintenance to be ~2200, so I'm starting at 2500 (800-900 more than what I'm at now) for lean bulking. Though my maintenance is probably 2500-2700, so I'll likely have to up it in a few weeks to ~3000, we'll see how it goes. I'm going to be consuming a ton of protein. After a week or two I might start cal cycling.
post #19303 of 46469
Being requested to bump calories up to 5,000 a day to gain weight.


Life is so hard.
post #19304 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Being requested to bump calories up to 5,000 a day to gain weight.
Life is so hard.

Requesting? Did that come down from HR?
post #19305 of 46469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Requesting? Did that come down from HR?

I guess "told" the a better word in this situation.

Feeling bloated 24/7 from all this food.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts