or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1283

post #19231 of 46126
I was probably eating 1500 calories most days, which could even be 3000 or more under maintenance considering the amount of activity. Maybe 50g protein on a good day. I will try drinking loads of water but i was taking on a good 2-3 litres a day anyway, i would be surprised if half an inch of arms came back from water. Hated every minute of it.
post #19232 of 46126
Thread Starter 
173 now, 2 weeks into what could be considered a "clean (and lazy) bulk"

Up to repping 250 on bench (a personal best for me) and was able to squat 230 for 5 reps today which is a milestone given my injury, though my hip flexors still are extremely painful after it.

ABj9a.jpg

Really want to get to 190 lbs and stay there in my lifetime. 3 years ago (and the rest of my life) I was 150 lbs so I hope I can hold onto it.
post #19233 of 46126
you really shouldnt squat if it hurts
post #19234 of 46126
post #19235 of 46126
My imaginations of weight are skewed by my frame size so 5'9 190 sounds really big to me. Have you ever done the online frame calculations, etc, that suggest your max muscle weight? IIRC, I did a couple of them and mine came out to 168ish at 5'9 but I have an extremely small frame.
post #19236 of 46126

yeah just read that. karpinska is out too for the U48 women

makes me wonder also if some of these last minute injuries are just cover for failing to come off cycle, but maybe that's just me being extremely cynical.
Edited by Lagrangian - 7/28/12 at 11:08am
post #19237 of 46126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

yeah just read that. karpinska is out too for the U48 women
makes me wonder too if some of these last minute injuries are just cover for failing to come off cycle, but maybe that's just me being extremely cynical.

I'd say that's probably likely. Not too cynical.
post #19238 of 46126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post

My imaginations of weight are skewed by my frame size so 5'9 190 sounds really big to me. Have you ever done the online frame calculations, etc, that suggest your max muscle weight? IIRC, I did a couple of them and mine came out to 168ish at 5'9 but I have an extremely small frame.

I'm 5'11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

you really shouldnt squat if it hurts

Doesn't hurt while I'm doing it- hurts afterward on the outside of my hip
post #19239 of 46126
Eason, good work brother! It's going to be hard to get to a lean 190 without being able to do heavy squats. Hopefully you're able to do some other exercises that can somewhat compensate.
post #19240 of 46126
http://www.ericcressey.com/risk-homeostasis-strength-and-conditioning-programs
post #19241 of 46126
if i want cut some inches from my waistline, what's the best approach? chicken + brown rice every meal? yogurt for breakfast? cutting out carbs? running? im so lost..
post #19242 of 46126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl smooth View Post

if i want cut some inches from my waistline, what's the best approach? chicken + brown rice every meal? yogurt for breakfast? cutting out carbs? running? im so lost..

Estimate your maintenance calories using an online calculator or shell out the cash for an actual calorie tracker...then eat less than that.

Buy a food scale. It's pointless to even try losing weight without one.
post #19243 of 46126
dat dere caloric deficit works like fucking magic
post #19244 of 46126
Ever notice how many a gym bro...

... Check their abs after every set of anything? Guy behind me doing a machine assisted row, stands up and pulls up his shirt after every set.
post #19245 of 46126
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Ever notice how many a gym bro...
... Check their abs after every set of anything? Guy behind me doing a machine assisted row, stands up and pulls up his shirt after every set.

Wait...is this frowned upon or something? peepwall[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts