or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1282

post #19216 of 49501
Any of you watching the opening ceremony? wtf is this poverty shit? I don't give a fuck about the temptest, I just want to see bros jumping out of boxes like in beijing. Why are there men with beards and top hats zyzz dancing?

Edit: wtf do I care about womens right sloots. Why is there so much focus on the industrial revolution?


My idea of a reenactment of the battle of hastings was a better idea.


Edit 2: WTF IS THIS MAN THERES A BUNCH OF BROS DRESSED UP AS DOCTORS PUSHING PEOPLE AROUND IN GURNYS. Other countries have nation health insurance, why is NHS so special?
Edited by fuji - 7/27/12 at 1:36pm
post #19217 of 49501
The damage from my weeks camping/hiking trip was worse than expected, i've lost 7lb in 5 days, and an incredible half an inch off my arms. Would never have thought that was possible, although i probably ate at 2000 under maintenance considering i walked 10 miles per day. So many blisters on my feet and between toes that i literally cant walk now. Gonna be a good few days before i can get back in the gym, and start rebuilding once again.
post #19218 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Any of you watching the opening ceremony? wtf is this poverty shit? I don't give a fuck about the temptest, I just want to see bros jumping out of boxes like in beijing. Why are there men with beards and top hats zyzz dancing?
Edit: wtf do I care about womens right sloots. Why is there so much focus on the industrial revolution?
My idea of a reenactment of the battle of hastings was a better idea.
Edit 2: WTF IS THIS MAN THERES A BUNCH OF BROS DRESSED UP AS DOCTORS PUSHING PEOPLE AROUND IN GURNYS. Other countries have nation health insurance, why is NHS so special?

I lold

am watching

e. lol2 a whole half-inch off your arms
post #19219 of 49501
BBC commentating is pretty lolzy too. Guy obviously doesn't know wtf is happening. "Yeah the light on the beds is like a contradiction to the monsters" "I wish I had a light stick"

Theres now a creepy as fuck doll lying on the floor.


The sign language children were pretty lolzy. One of them did a troll face when the camera went over him.
post #19220 of 49501
lol wut thats a ridiculous amount of size to lose in 5 days, its taken months to gain it. I tend to measure my muscle gains/loses by my arms quite a bit as i hold like zero fat on them so i can soon tell if i have lost muscle or not from them.
post #19221 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

lol wut thats a ridiculous amount of size to lose in 5 days, its taken months to gain it. I tend to measure my muscle gains/loses by my arms quite a bit as i hold like zero fat on them so i can soon tell if i have lost muscle or not from them.

Please stop over thinking everything. You did not lose months of gains in 5 days.


Edit: wtf is this thing about british media thing and why are they playing rizzle kicks?


wtf was that indian guy groping the little indian kid. Looked pedo as fuck picking him up and taking him into the circle of men wearing gimp suits. I thought it was gonna be a tribute to buggery because thats a big part of british culture.
Edited by fuji - 7/27/12 at 2:22pm
post #19222 of 49501
Added a handful of kilos to C&J today. Almost at the 110/140 I want to put up at the competition in August. I'm about 98kg now, not sure if I can (or want) to drop to 94 for the meet. Oh well....

Also started doing hip, knee, and ankle stretches/mobility work at night beginning last week. Should have done it a LONG time ago.... everything feels quicker and more stable, not fighting against joints as much.
post #19223 of 49501
Tempted to try ice cream and cakes as a carb source in my diet after reading that some of you guys do it.
Anything special I should consider before doing so? Will obviously still monitor my carb intake and eat within my macro range.

Also read about the once per 2 weeks huge sugar filled cheat meal plan to boost metabolism. Is this only recommended while cutting on a big calorie deficit or does it work in general?
post #19224 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Tempted to try ice cream and cakes as a carb source in my diet after reading that some of you guys do it.
Anything special I should consider before doing so? Will obviously still monitor my carb intake and eat within my macro range.
Also read about the once per 2 weeks huge sugar filled cheat meal plan to boost metabolism. Is this only recommended while cutting on a big calorie deficit or does it work in general?

1. not really, just monitor your results

2. as far as asking whether it works or not, what are your goals? the cheat day is a great way to lean bulk, or stay leanish at the same bodyweight and get stronger - this depends on how long you have been doing it. mrchariybrown - who is a big fatty - cheats 3 days straight and doesn't gain a pound but gets stronger. when i was doing cheat days i would be slowly adding mass while staying at a relatively constant bodyweight. it absolutely revs up your metabolism; whether nor not this is conducive to you achieving your goals is a different story.

my experience with the cheat day was monday-friday at or slightly below maintenance, saturday cheat, sunday fast. strength/size gains were great and i added good mass without fatting up. if you are trying to cut or otherwise drop weight, its probably not the best way to go. its probably not a good idea if you're already a fatty either
post #19225 of 49501
I was not miring poverty fire or Paul McCartneys very strained voice. Also why did he decide to act like he was DJing a school disco?


Best bit was the towers coming out of the meadow, flying rings and random 20 seconds of dizzee rascal. Worst bits were social media bull shit, internet brah coming out of a tv, entire NHS section, "England invented sport", voldemort flying about, indian boy being molested, forcing the obviously incoherent Muhammed Ali to touch a flag with the help of his carer who had to stop him from falling over. I also loled at drug free olympics. Mit Romney was right.
post #19226 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post


1. not really, just monitor your results
2. as far as asking whether it works or not, what are your goals? the cheat day is a great way to lean bulk, or stay leanish at the same bodyweight and get stronger - this depends on how long you have been doing it. mrchariybrown - who is a big fatty - cheats 3 days straight and doesn't gain a pound but gets stronger. when i was doing cheat days i would be slowly adding mass while staying at a relatively constant bodyweight. it absolutely revs up your metabolism; whether nor not this is conducive to you achieving your goals is a different story.
my experience with the cheat day was monday-friday at or slightly below maintenance, saturday cheat, sunday fast. strength/size gains were great and i added good mass without fatting up. if you are trying to cut or otherwise drop weight, its probably not the best way to go. its probably not a good idea if you're already a fatty either

I'm coming from a cut into a lean bulk now so the cheat day plan sounds great as you describe it. Also running IF but I don't think that wouldn't allow me to have a cheat day once a week.

Currently at 175 lbs at 6'3 and would like to go stay there or go up to 185, tops. Doesn't really matter as long as I get stronger without getting much fatter.

 

Not completely sure on bodyfat % right now, but would guess it's somewhere around 11-12%. Could have continued with the cut for a while longer but my lifts were beginning to drop and I had already been on it for almost 3 months. Would rather like to add a bit more mass.

 

What do you mean about "sunday fast"? 

post #19227 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

The damage from my weeks camping/hiking trip was worse than expected, i've lost 7lb in 5 days, and an incredible half an inch off my arms. Would never have thought that was possible, although i probably ate at 2000 under maintenance considering i walked 10 miles per day. So many blisters on my feet and between toes that i literally cant walk now. Gonna be a good few days before i can get back in the gym, and start rebuilding once again.

Cardio...not even once. This sounds like a horrible nightmare where you wake up screaming and in a cold sweat.
post #19228 of 49501
what the FUCK is this industrial revolution shit
post #19229 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I'm coming from a cut into a lean bulk now so the cheat day plan sounds great as you describe it. Also running IF but I don't think that wouldn't allow me to have a cheat day once a week.
Currently at 175 lbs at 6'3 and would like to go stay there or go up to 185, tops. Doesn't really matter as long as I get stronger without getting much fatter.

Not completely sure on bodyfat % right now, but would guess it's somewhere around 11-12%. Could have continued with the cut for a while longer but my lifts were beginning to drop and I had already been on it for almost 3 months. Would rather like to add a bit more mass.

What do you mean about "sunday fast"? 

sounds like it would work well for you. i wouldn't think of it as choosing to do IF or doing a cheat day setup; im not sure what else IF entails for you outside of only eating in an 8-hour window but it certainly doesn't preclude you from eating big on saturdays. if anything, you're coming from a pretty advantaged situation - you've already been running calories below maintenance so you can just add in the cheat day and see what happens, keeping all other things equal.

by "sunday fast" i mean having a very low-cal day on sundays - when i did it, it was only 1000 cals in a meal at night. the cheat day sounds fun, and it is, but they are hard work. anything up to 5k calories is bliss and everything beyond that is a challenge. i managed to hit 10k on several occasions but it was not pleasant.
post #19230 of 49501
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

The damage from my weeks camping/hiking trip was worse than expected, i've lost 7lb in 5 days, and an incredible half an inch off my arms. Would never have thought that was possible, although i probably ate at 2000 under maintenance considering i walked 10 miles per day. So many blisters on my feet and between toes that i literally cant walk now. Gonna be a good few days before i can get back in the gym, and start rebuilding once again.

 

Guarantee this is mostly caused by dehydration. Nearly all that lost weight is water weight. Unless you were not eating at all, there's very little chance you lost more than a pound of fat or muscle. Drink lots of water over the next few days and you'll see the weight come right back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts