or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1258

post #18856 of 46922
Quote:
Not all protein is the same. Bioavailability differs significantly based on source. This is just one reason why Soy isn't nearly as an effective protein - poor bioavailability, not a complete protein, phytoestrogens are reasons too.

Steak is always the better option. I've run experiments (only on my self, not on clients) for periods of time where my main source of protein x>75% comes from 1) whey, 2) lean sources such as chicken and white fish, 3) steak while keeping calorie intake the same, and output relatively the same as well. I found I was always able to hang on to muscle mass and strength better when leaning out for meets with steak significantly more so than either of the other two options.

Do you have any sources on this? I was going to pick up Lyle's book on the subject, but anything else you could offer?

I guess I thought jarude was going to make an argument about protein absorption capacity, which isn't really a valid argument.

Also, I don't think it's valid to say that "soy isn't as an effective protein" because it does have its place. I wouldn't want to eat a steak pre-workout. wink.gif
post #18857 of 46922
Soy...not even once.
post #18858 of 46922
wtf am i so weak? Ive been doing deadlifts regularly for a couple of months, and did today 3x5 at 120 kg which was heavy. Should I go down in weights, and start from the beginning on some starting strength styled program? or keep at it?
post #18859 of 46922
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Russled some jimmies at work. Hobos broke into store and were trying to steal shit. Other staff members caught it. I went to look at it and started loling at pointing. His jimmies were clearly russled because he started screaming at me, pulled a syringe out of his pocket (probably for heroine not cell tech) and saying how he was gonna stab me with it. I went through the basic memes of you mad, come at me bro, do you even lift (don't think he lifted) to russle his jimmies more.
I haven't been able to lift since friday so trollings all I have.

lol nice, would have made an awesome video
post #18860 of 46922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

injury?
yeah, on going. started doing glute activation stuff and single leg bridges. also stuff for (left) ql, erectors.
knees have started hurting too, not sure why. havent been going heavy with squats at all
post #18861 of 46922
EC is baller, combined with Lean Gains I'm cruising.

DC is not baller, it is torture, but I love it. Yesterday, biked to gym, did 2x25x140 leg press calf raises THEN 2x6x580 and 1x20x200 leg press, biked to grocery store, bought 8 lbs of chicken, biked home, could barely walk hahaha. Can't wait to get back on creatine in a few weeks so I don't feel like death, taking coconut water PWO in the mean time.

Would post prog photos but that's weird here.
post #18862 of 46922
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post

wtf am i so weak? Ive been doing deadlifts regularly for a couple of months, and did today 3x5 at 120 kg which was heavy. Should I go down in weights, and start from the beginning on some starting strength styled program? or keep at it?

After a few months 120kg isn't bad, i'd say it's quite good. Assuming your not like 120kg yourself, but I don't think you are.



DC is doggcrap training yeah?
post #18863 of 46922
Quote:
DC is doggcrap training yeah?

Yup. Starting a bulk in a few weeks but was too excited to start up DC to wait til then. Might've been a mistake haha, at least it's kicking my ass in the gym and making these last few pounds come off.

When I start bulking apparently I'm supposed to be taking in 2g P/lb, which is like 300g a day haha that'll be interesting.
post #18864 of 46922
post #18865 of 46922

"NB: First of all, I should say that we have been trying for years to help consumers understand that chicken cholesterol and fat are in far higher quantities than most people appreciate. And if it's the feces that finally convince people to stop eating it, that's all to the good. "

wtf is this
post #18866 of 46922
LOL if people actually realized how much shit, piss, mucus, (and probably semen) from other people and animals entered their body on a daily basis, they'd probably vomit. Hell, if you're in a room with more than a few people, chances are that each breath you take contains non-trivial amount of farts. A little bit of chicken shit doesn't scare me. Then again, I enjoy chitterlings, raw meat and organs, and dishes that use blood.

Apparently the 3rd ranked 77kg lifter in the USA is going to be competing at the meet in August. Should be neat to see him lift, but going to be humbling to get my ass whooped by someone 20kg less than me.
post #18867 of 46922
and he totals what?
post #18868 of 46922
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Russled some jimmies at work. Hobos broke into store and were trying to steal shit. Other staff members caught it. I went to look at it and started loling at pointing. His jimmies were clearly russled because he started screaming at me, pulled a syringe out of his pocket (probably for heroine not cell tech) and saying how he was gonna stab me with it. I went through the basic memes of you mad, come at me bro, do you even lift (don't think he lifted) to russle his jimmies more.
I haven't been able to lift since friday so trollings all I have.

fuck. the idea of yelling do you even lift at a dude really had me tickled rotflmao.gif
post #18869 of 46922
i assume only ~20% of what fuji says actually happens
post #18870 of 46922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

"NB: First of all, I should say that we have been trying for years to help consumers understand that chicken cholesterol and fat are in far higher quantities than most people appreciate. And if it's the feces that finally convince people to stop eating it, that's all to the good. "
wtf is this
Quote:
NB: Here's the point: chicken adds cholesterol, fat, and other undesirables to the diet

baldy[1].gifrotflmao.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I'm probably going to do this, but SS confuses me with how much weight to be using starting out. I may do a hybrid SS / StrongLifts since I like the idea of starting with the bar and adding plates every workout of StrongLifts, but 5x5 is just too much for me. May try that with 3x5.

Book says to start light (IIRC empty bar for press, 65 for bench, 90 for squat, 115-135 for DL) and do sets of 5. Add weight in 5-10 lb increments until the bar speed slows down. What you start at isn't really critical, as long as you don't start too high and stall early. Think marathon rather than sprint.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts