or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1248

post #18706 of 47708
lagrainanaiaiaianan:

would you say going relaly slow on my 1st and 2nd pull be helpful in getting the bar into the hips? i still pull it way too far. do shit from the hang?
post #18707 of 47708
wouldn't say go slow on the 2nd pull, just sweep that bar in and keep your lats tight. maybe block work or lifts from the hang yeah. if you're having trouble getting the feel on how it is to scoop that bar in maybe something like segment pulls can help to get that bar feel

is bud on vacation or something haha

basically I don't know if intentionally slowing down the 2nd pull is good or not, on the one hand it might help you to get full lifts in and otoh it may develop underpulling which will be an issue later on

am not aware enough to help you :sadface:
Edited by Lagrangian - 7/11/12 at 12:44pm
post #18708 of 47708
i havent been to bud's because of being out of town the last month every weekend
post #18709 of 47708
So I think i'm going to the leap and final buying a protein powder and was wondering what the serious barbell guys use? Don't want anything fancy, don't need vitamins or shit since my diet has lots of veg/fruit anyway, just something simple and effective with not a lot of extra crap in it.

It looks like I will be doing my first USAW sanctioned competition at the end of August. Hopefully peaking around then to put up a respectable total.

Also, dat feel when you have to piss twice during a workout because of abs putting so much pressure on bladder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

the podium guys just posted a clip of hysen's 166+211 (U77WR) in training and suddenly him medaling doesn't seem all that unlikely.
Just watched the video. Unreal, my jaw is still in on the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LOL at his openers (and probably warm-ups) being enough to win. That's boss.
post #18710 of 47708
Apparently he doesn't have a coach either.
post #18711 of 47708
First time back in a gym today after a 3-month hiatus. Feelsgoodman.

And feelsbadman. At the same time. I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow morning and that getting back will be a bit of work.
post #18712 of 47708
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy4500 View Post

So I think i'm going to the leap and final buying a protein powder and was wondering what the serious barbell guys use? Don't want anything fancy, don't need vitamins or shit since my diet has lots of veg/fruit anyway, just something simple and effective with not a lot of extra crap in it.

The best combination of taste, macros, and value I've found is by far Dymatize Elite Whey.

Cafe Mocha is the shiiiiiitttt. It comes out to $0.56 per serving, which is 117 cals and 24g protein.
post #18713 of 47708
I started Sheiko on Monday, today was my 2nd day and so far I love it! I'm just gonna run it according to the template for now, maybe changing things along the way. The only downside is the time, expect it to take like 2 hours...
post #18714 of 47708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

I started Sheiko on Monday, today was my 2nd day and so far I love it! I'm just gonna run it according to the template for now, maybe changing things along the way. The only downside is the time, expect it to take like 2 hours...

 

Sheiko seems overly complicated to me...

post #18715 of 47708
Can you post the template for it? Theres like 40 versions and I never understand it.


I just use myprotein whey. $60 for 5kg about. Unflavoured though so it tastes horrific, but unflavoured means less filler and more protein nam sayin?
post #18716 of 47708
After the reddit / bb.com tests on powders, I would attempt to buy one which has been independently verified. While the testing was / is flawed, I haven't really managed to come up with an argument to flat out ignore them.
post #18717 of 47708
month 2 of no whey, month 4 of no supps and still makin gains in a deficit, come at me supplement bros
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

First time back in a gym today after a 3-month hiatus. Feelsgoodman.
And feelsbadman. At the same time. I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow morning and that getting back will be a bit of work.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18718 of 47708
If you like vanilla then Syntha-6 Vanilla is probably the best tasting that you'll find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude 
month 2 of no whey, month 4 of no supps and still makin gains in a deficit, come at me supplement bros

You'd make better gains on creatine. nest.gif
post #18719 of 47708
Best tasting protein is Trutein imho. The cinnabun and peanut butter cup are amazing.
post #18720 of 47708
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Can you post the template for it? Theres like 40 versions and I never understand it.
I just use myprotein whey. $60 for 5kg about. Unflavoured though so it tastes horrific, but unflavoured means less filler and more protein nam sayin?

Just google.  There is a spreadsheet around with most of the major templates that are self-calculating with some inputs on the last tab.  I've got it on one of my external hdd if you can't find it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts