or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1179

post #17671 of 47810
Parallel low bar box squat ftw. Could probably get like 100kg or less if I went atg. If I don't use a box I end up sinking it too low anyway.

100 pull up day today, come at me lats.
Edited by fuji - 6/12/12 at 11:11pm
post #17672 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Parallel low bar box squat ftw. Could probably get like 100kg or less if I went atg. If I don't use a box I end up sinking it too low anyway.
100 pull up day today, come at me lats.
Do you do anything other than box squat, pullup and occaisonal incline DB bench?
post #17673 of 47810
I do db overhead press, lateral raises, curls, tricep extensions and occasionally front squats and rack pulls. Don't really feel the need to do front squats or rack pulls right now though because of the huge volume of pull ups im doing. Used to do rows and straight arm pull downs, but doing pull ups now instead. I don't think you need to do particularly many movements.
post #17674 of 47810
i checked my internal rotation yesterday and it's like 40 degrees off the horizontal with the shoulders flat on the ground


i also did clean and jerks and barely hit my balls once crazy.gif. i also realized at higher reps my arms get tired of pulling and my form gets naturally better
post #17675 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i checked my internal rotation yesterday and it's like 40 degrees off the horizontal with the shoulders flat on the ground
i also did clean and jerks and barely hit my balls once crazy.gif. i also realized at higher reps my arms get tired of pulling and my form gets naturally better
"There is no pull"
post #17676 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

There's not really a catch all link for it.
I had terrible internal rotation from all the over head work in olympic lifting. I was completely oblivious to it until I started powerlifting aka pushing.
This is a good check : Most likely if you work at a desk, bench, or curl you have terrible internal rotation and you should def start working on it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I tried this exercise today as well as another one I found on mobility WOD where you rest your hands under your back and try to push your shoulders into the ground. My left shoulder has shockingly good internal rotation, I could rotate it almost 90 degrees while keeping my shoulder in contact with the floor. On the other hand, my right shoulder is a mess, it majorly pitches forward when I do the hand under the back test. While the internal rotation correct itself over time if I keep doing stretches like this?

Strange things I saw at the gym today:

- guy standing perpendicular to the smith machine doing one hand banded upright rows. Other arm was holding on to the top of the smith apparatus
- guy doing front squats standing in a machine that he had moved into the rack. It is one of those small lower body machines that you hook your feet into and it supports your calves. Not quite sure how to describe it but it looks like it would a) make getting out of the hole very easy and b) potentially result in death if he fell backwards
post #17677 of 47810
Sad moment today, guys.

I watched a 7/10 personal trainer instantly become a 4/10 when during one of my sets my headphones fell out and I heard her say the words "muscle confusion".

frown.gif
post #17678 of 47810
My lats are Burning. 100 pull ups and some overhead press. Elbow sleeves make overhead press much easier, but I suppose it kind of is cheating. That massive rebound out of the hole.


Myprotein shipped me my order twice. Tysm myprotein for the free 10kg of protein and extra bottle of chalk.
Edited by fuji - 6/13/12 at 7:35am
post #17679 of 47810
you fuck

jelly
post #17680 of 47810
Wow, been a while since I've been here. Finally committing to this posture routine, wasn't able to before because it fucking kills me but after a few days I already feel an improvement.

Girlfriend ended up going on a PSMF (I gave her Lyle's Crash Diet book) which obviously sucks for her but she's committed and already lost I'm guessing 12-15 lbs (though she refuses to tell me how much because she doesn't want to jinx it haha). She's going to the gym three days a week and just bought a bike to bike the mile to work and back every day, which not only is helping with the diet but saving like $12 a day she'd normally spend in parking (which I called her absolutely fucking insane for paying). I'm pretty confident she'll be able to stick to it to meet her goals and transition off to a generally healthy diet without much weight gain.
post #17681 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Wow, been a while since I've been here. Finally committing to this posture routine, wasn't able to before because it fucking kills me but after a few days I already feel an improvement.
Girlfriend ended up going on a PSMF (I gave her Lyle's Crash Diet book) which obviously sucks for her but she's committed and already lost I'm guessing 12-15 lbs (though she refuses to tell me how much because she doesn't want to jinx it haha). She's going to the gym three days a week and just bought a bike to bike the mile to work and back every day, which not only is helping with the diet but saving like $12 a day she'd normally spend in parking (which I called her absolutely fucking insane for paying). I'm pretty confident she'll be able to stick to it to meet her goals and transition off to a generally healthy diet without much weight gain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast

Is she morbidly obese?
post #17682 of 47810
Thread Starter 
I've been totally stuffed for over 24 hours now
post #17683 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

I've been totally stuffed for over 24 hours now

Welcome to my world.
post #17684 of 47810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

I've been totally stuffed for over 24 hours now

That's what she said?
post #17685 of 47810
Sup bros, got a suit coat today for $40 off eBay. Took it to tailors, $86 dollars later I will have it fitting well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts