or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 932

post #13966 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

345. and then i strained my si joint in october and never bothered to try again.
Given how much stronger my bench is from all the tricep kb shit, i'd imagine my DL went up a good 10/15 lbs.

fistbump.gif 345x5x2 was my last biggest dl
post #13967 of 47785
Must have brought my hands a little too close to me while doing push presses today because midway through one of the sets, BAM, right under the chin. Chin is in pain, but I'm just glad I didn't knock out or chip any teeth, especially since I thought I tasted blood right after it happened.
post #13968 of 47785
Upper body day tomorrow and I am bored of the usual flat bench + DB pec fly + JM press + guillotines. Any suggestions for something fun that may improve my bench? I am weakest off the chest.
post #13969 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

Must have brought my hands a little too close to me while doing push presses today because midway through one of the sets, BAM, right under the chin. Chin is in pain, but I'm just glad I didn't knock out or chip any teeth, especially since I thought I tasted blood right after it happened.

This. Glad you're ok. Saw a guy clip his chin once and bite through his tongue. Not pretty.
post #13970 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Upper body day tomorrow and I am bored of the usual flat bench + DB pec fly + JM press + guillotines. Any suggestions for something fun that may improve my bench? I am weakest off the chest.

paused bench
post #13971 of 47785

How do you add a widowmaker set into programming?  I will probably have to deload on squats next week and am curious if trying a 20 rep set would be worthwhile tomorrow.

 

Also, serious DOMS from the curls yesterday I'm not used to sets with more than 5 reps

post #13972 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by theecaptain View Post

How do you add a widowmaker set into programming?  I will probably have to deload on squats next week and am curious if trying a 20 rep set would be worthwhile tomorrow.

Also, serious DOMS from the curls yesterday I'm not used to sets with more than 5 reps

Not sherrif serious


Edit: Never mind read that wrong, though you meant you were going to do a widowmaker on your deload week. I wouldn't put them into your program, just do one if your feeling particularly strong one day or want to torture yourself.
post #13973 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Not sherrif serious


At a lower weight than I would otherwise be lifting

post #13974 of 47785

I was just wondering if there would be any value trying it tomorrow since I'd be taking the weight down on monday anyway and going back to 3x5 I figure it won't throw me off but I've never attempted it before.  Plus it just looks intriguing I'm curious to try it out.  How much weight would someone generally use?  Or if this is just a bad idea let me know.

post #13975 of 47785
60-75% i'd say you want something you can do for 10 reps and then do another 10.
post #13976 of 47785
Weight hasn't moved in two weeks, might be on a recomp frown.gif
post #13977 of 47785
Time to just cut off a foot so you can be at your magical target weight and move on to the next long-term goal, my man.
post #13978 of 47785
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

60-75% i'd say you want something you can do for 10 reps and then do another 10.


thanks perhaps i will try it out

post #13979 of 47785
try it, have some fun and don't pussy out ! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #13980 of 47785
Pretty good day today. Started with front squat up to 140kg (310 lbs) for a very smooth single, then 130kg (285 lbs) for triples. Follow that with hip snatch up to 92kg for 1, then a bunch of triples at 82kg. Sometimes it seemed like the bar was barely even moving up during the pull, but I was getting under real quick. Finish with 5 quick rounds of pullups + dragon flags + handstand pushups for fun.

Also seriously debating whether to bite the bullet and finally kop some lifting shoes and stop using in my old shitty Asics trainers. shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts