Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 784

post #11746 of 57477
At work this evening, I was running new shipment out from the back to the floor. What I remember used to be a chore even a year or so ago, was almost effortless this time. I was taking four loaded boxes at a time, pushing stuff around, lifting heavy weight right up off the ground, etc.

Squats + Deads + Bench + Shoulder Press + Pullups = Functional strength.

I was so pleased with myself, and getting a job done in 20 minutes by hand that used to require a cart.
post #11747 of 57477
I hate to go all lol'sy on you guys but some of these comments crack me up on a personal level. For the record, I've lost more weight than the heaviest person in this thread (currently myself, I believe), and I've known more pain and suffering than all of you combined. Eating the same shit every day is what I've been doing for many years now, and to very good results. You can ask Charly, who's the only person to have seen me in person. And I was severely out of shape at that point.

Having said that, this shit has thrown me for a loop. Why? Because I've always used milk, and milk products (cottage cheese, yogurt, whey, etc) in my diet. Their ease and ease of use has always been a bit of a benchmark for me. Post workout shakes, post workout chocolate milk, yogurt with whey, whey shakes on the go, etc. Now, after all this time, to start over after having done this shit for so long in the exact same way, is really fucking with my shit. I'll conquer it, don't get me wrong, but I'm going all OCD-OMG over it right now.

I bought some boneless/skinless chicken thighs and some ground beef patties at Costco this evening. I know I can pan sautee that ground beef. Think its possible with the thighs or should I bake them?

Charly - eating just to fuel is my mantra baby. Believe that.
post #11748 of 57477
Bake 'em. There are some swell recipes for chicken thighs out there.

I get to start training again next week. It's been two month since I've lifted and several more months on top of that since I was able to do a routine without needing to work around a lot of stuff. So eager.
post #11749 of 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Squats + Deads + Bench + Shoulder Press + Pullups = awesome

I've noticed this when skiing - year before last was the first time I had gone in 2 or 3 years, and I had improved by leaps and bounds just by squatting and being usefully strong. I went a week ago and wasn't even sore afterwards (despite some sweet bails.

Went to go freak out the NYR people at the gym with powercleans and clean and presses but it was just the usual folk there.

Edit - eating giant bowl of oatmeal + maple syrup.
Edited by Kajak - 1/5/12 at 12:30am
post #11750 of 57477
Been a good week so far. Still gaining weight, PR'ed bench and dips (hopefully OHP tomorrow), NYR crowd limiting themselves to cardio room... downside is co-workers starting to notice I cycle through the same ~3 fits since virtually none of my clothes fit anymore. Where does one buy disposable clothes (ala fuji) when one visits Uniqlo less than once a year?
post #11751 of 57477
Order uniqlo online. My grey uniqlo hoodie got destroyed this week, was a bitch finding clothes to wear yesterday. Wear it like 4 times a week.
post #11752 of 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajak View Post

I've noticed this when skiing - year before last was the first time I had gone in 2 or 3 years, and I had improved by leaps and bounds just by squatting and being usefully strong. I went a week ago and wasn't even sore afterwards (despite some sweet bails.
Went to go freak out the NYR people at the gym with powercleans and clean and presses but it was just the usual folk there.
Edit - eating giant bowl of oatmeal + maple syrup.

going skiing this weekend. so friggin excited, i had never skiied up until last winter despite a lifetime of playing hockey and now im completely hooked. didnt really feel it at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon View Post

Been a good week so far. Still gaining weight, PR'ed bench and dips (hopefully OHP tomorrow), NYR crowd limiting themselves to cardio room... downside is co-workers starting to notice I cycle through the same ~3 fits since virtually none of my clothes fit anymore. Where does one buy disposable clothes (ala fuji) when one visits Uniqlo less than once a year?

i have fat clothes and skinny clothes (0) a variety of buttondowns and v-neck sweaters that all match with eachother means you can go for a different combo each day without being that guy
post #11753 of 57477
Thread Starter 
Back on stronglifts 3x5. Will stay until I'm doing squats 235 x 3 x 5 again
post #11754 of 57477
goddamn, why my does upper back always give up the ghost before my legs on front squats? it's infuriating to know that I could probably push 20kg more but I just don't have the rigidity to support that anymore.

I'm starting to think I need to add some heavy ab work on technique days.

Or then I just need to front squat more and stop being a pussy.
post #11755 of 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Back on stronglifts 3x5. Will stay until I'm doing squats 235 x 3 x 5 again

Doesn't SL call for 5x5? Or is that only when you're new to lifting?
post #11756 of 57477
Thread Starter 
Only for when you're new. You drop to 3x5 and eventually 1x5 worksets.
post #11757 of 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072 View Post

Doesn't SL call for 5x5? Or is that only when you're new to lifting?

Yeah 3X5 is a more advanced program.
post #11758 of 57477
I miss front squatting a lot, no need for it right now thoug. Ive started doing shrugs from the front squat position, makes dat rjomboids burn so good

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk
post #11759 of 57477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I hate to go all lol'sy on you guys but some of these comments crack me up on a personal level. For the record, I've lost more weight than the heaviest person in this thread (currently myself, I believe), and I've known more pain and suffering than all of you combined. Eating the same shit every day is what I've been doing for many years now, and to very good results. You can ask Charly, who's the only person to have seen me in person. And I was severely out of shape at that point.
Having said that, this shit has thrown me for a loop. Why? Because I've always used milk, and milk products (cottage cheese, yogurt, whey, etc) in my diet. Their ease and ease of use has always been a bit of a benchmark for me. Post workout shakes, post workout chocolate milk, yogurt with whey, whey shakes on the go, etc. Now, after all this time, to start over after having done this shit for so long in the exact same way, is really fucking with my shit. I'll conquer it, don't get me wrong, but I'm going all OCD-OMG over it right now.
I bought some boneless/skinless chicken thighs and some ground beef patties at Costco this evening. I know I can pan sautee that ground beef. Think its possible with the thighs or should I bake them?
Charly - eating just to fuel is my mantra baby. Believe that.

I didn't think you looked out of shape man. Looked pretty good and swole.

I know what you mean about eating though. Getting down to upper-mid single digit bodyfat sucks dick and isn't fun but to be honest I find it hard to pack on pounds when your body is already filled out pretty well for your frame.

Nothing wrong with milk products man. I would use them in my diet and it would probably make my life easier, but I can because I've got pretty bad lactose-intolerance (dem azn genes).

Try different things with your meats (pause). I've sauteed, grilled, broiled, and done it all. But now that I'm just eating my weekday food just to get the proper amt of calories/macros in, I go the easiest route. I cook my steak on the pan. And I stew my chicken as it's softer and easier to eat it faster like that.
post #11760 of 57477
Just thought I'd throw out there....I love boiled eggs.

For whatever reason, I can't eat too many eggs when they are fried or scrambled, 2 would fill me up. But boiling them is easy, and makes them MUCH easier to eat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts