or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 743

post #11131 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

but...but...but... I'm a skinnyfat turd that benches 175. Not even 145bw =(. I wanna be admired.
Stretching the hip flexors feels so good. Having my torso upright like in the agile 8 picture instead of bent over stretches them out a lot more. Too bad I failed on my first squat set.

you dont have 3000 posts on a bodybuilding forum though
post #11132 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

you dont have 3000 posts on a bodybuilding forum though

I'd be more embarrassed to tell my friends I have 650 posts on a men's clothing forum. But I love you guys.
post #11133 of 48976
Been doing three In & Out double doubles and a milkshake after every workout. 2400 Calories. Gained 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks. Squats have gotten much easier.
post #11134 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by theom- View Post

Been doing three In & Out double doubles and a milkshake after every workout. 2400 Calories. Gained 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks. Squats have gotten much easier.

Is this really what you guys do to gain weight fast? Sounds balls expensive.
post #11135 of 48976
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

If you don't have any sharp pain moving it in certain directions, I doubt anything it pulled. You probably just worked it hard otherwise.

Yup, sharp pain sharp pain sharp pain anytime I bend forward.
post #11136 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaquiran View Post

Here's an excerpt from a Dan John seminar.

I'm a couple minutes in and I know he appears to know what he's talking about but it just kills me that he's built like a potato.
post #11137 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Is this really what you guys do to gain weight fast? Sounds balls expensive.

I found out pretty quick during my period of doing the big cheat day that eating a lot of junk isn't exactly cheap contrary to popular opinion.

Since I haven't been to the gym in many weeks, I haven't gone through my gym bag. I was cleaning my room tonight and went through the bag, only to find an old shaker. The smell from opening the container for just a couple of seconds was so rancid that I longed to be stuck in a bathroom that had been used after a night of heavy whiskey consumption. My god.
post #11138 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I found out pretty quick during my period of doing the big cheat day that eating a lot of junk isn't exactly cheap contrary to popular opinion.
Since I haven't been to the gym in many weeks, I haven't gone through my gym bag. I was cleaning my room tonight and went through the bag, only to find an old shaker. The smell from opening the container for just a couple of seconds was so rancid that I longed to be stuck in a bathroom that had been used after a night of heavy whiskey consumption. My god.

leaving shaker cup in the trunk of your car for a week in the summer = ffffuuuu.gif
post #11139 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I found out pretty quick during my period of doing the big cheat day that eating a lot of junk isn't exactly cheap contrary to popular opinion.
Since I haven't been to the gym in many weeks, I haven't gone through my gym bag. I was cleaning my room tonight and went through the bag, only to find an old shaker. The smell from opening the container for just a couple of seconds was so rancid that I longed to be stuck in a bathroom that had been used after a night of heavy whiskey consumption. My god.

i've done this before. went through the effort to clorox bleach the hell out of it and see if it would help. still a hint of raunch left in that shaker despite the efforts. probably should have just taken the $6 loss and thrown it away haha
post #11140 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon View Post

the only downside living within walking distance of trader joe's and whole foods is that neither sells unsalted cottage cheese. salted cottage cheese makes me sad. fuji's link also makes me sad

The Whole Foods near me in Manhattan sells 1% unsalted Friendship cottage cheese. In fact, every Whole Foods I have been to does.
post #11141 of 48976
I literally hate trying to eat enough at the weekend. When im at work its easy i just take food with me and eat all day, maybe stop at a shop to pick up an extra snack or some milk. Weekends have no real structure and i find it so hard to motivate myself into eating. Also hate the way protein has so little calories. I had salmon for my lunch and its like 240 cals for 40 odd grams of protein, had some veg which contains like 20 cals. The only way to hit big calories is to eat shit loads of carbs, and it takes ages to eat 100g of rice or pasta compared to some meat and veg. I guess im the opposite of most people, my cheat day is eating far less than usual.
post #11142 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 630 View Post

i've done this before. went through the effort to clorox bleach the hell out of it and see if it would help. still a hint of raunch left in that shaker despite the efforts. probably should have just taken the $6 loss and thrown it away haha

shake some apple juice around in it a few times, wash it again, voila
post #11143 of 48976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

leaving shaker cup in the trunk of your car for a week in the summer = ffffuuuu.gif

A couple years ago, I got new brakes in my car and when I picked it up from the mechanic, it just reeked. It took a couple of days to realize that the odor was coming from my trunk and, more specifically, a container of leftover chili I had forgotten about. My car stunk for weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 630 View Post

i've done this before. went through the effort to clorox bleach the hell out of it and see if it would help. still a hint of raunch left in that shaker despite the efforts. probably should have just taken the $6 loss and thrown it away haha

I've had that shaker for a couple of years, so the moment I opened it and caught a whiff, I knew it was time to just move on and throw it away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

The only way to hit big calories is to eat shit loads of carbs, and it takes ages to eat 100g of rice or pasta compared to some meat and veg. I guess im the opposite of most people, my cheat day is eating far less than usual.

Um. Olive oil. Nut butters. Nuts. Avocados. Almond flour.
post #11144 of 48976
Put 10kg on my bench and close grip bench over the last 2 weeks. Feels good man. I think the thing that was holding my bench back was being a pussy and not wanting to increase weight when I could because it was harder, also I wasn't benching enough. Owner of my gym wants me to start training westside with him, is this a bad idea? I feel like I'm too weak to do it/not wearing multiply/ not on gear/ not fat, balled and middle aged. Did some 3 board close grip press with him today though, felt good.
post #11145 of 48976
Thread Starter 
Did you just fucking spell bald "balled"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts