or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Polo by Ralph Lauren Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The Official Polo by Ralph Lauren Thread*** - Page 2

post #16 of 69
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=94886
post #17 of 69
PRL has some decent pieces. Their custom-fit polos and OCBDs are pretty nice, and moreover, it seems like they can always be found on sale. Only problem w/ the line is the redonkulous, completely over-the-top branding. Ponies on everything. Big, fat "POLO" on random shit. Pony blown up 2x on some pieces. Pieces w/ 100 ponies stitched all over them. No real brand maintenance - Polo shit can be found in every outlet mall and T.J. Maxx. I much prefer RRL - it's like the brand that PRL should've been..
post #18 of 69
Thread Starter 
Nice reference link. thanks.
post #19 of 69
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post
PRL has some decent pieces. Their custom-fit polos and OCBDs are pretty nice, and moreover, it seems like they can always be found on sale.

Only problem w/ the line is the redonkulous, completely over-the-top branding. Ponies on everything. Big, fat "POLO" on random shit. Pony blown up 2x on some pieces. Pieces w/ 100 ponies stitched all over them. No real brand maintenance - Polo shit can be found in every outlet mall and T.J. Maxx.

I much prefer RRL - it's like the brand that PRL should've been..


You have to be judicious, it's true. I avoid overly obvious pony logos.
post #20 of 69
Robert are you trying to break your post percentage record from the J.Crew thread?
post #21 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post
PRL has some decent pieces. Their custom-fit polos and OCBDs are pretty nice, and moreover, it seems like they can always be found on sale.

Only problem w/ the line is the redonkulous, completely over-the-top branding. Ponies on everything. Big, fat "POLO" on random shit. Pony blown up 2x on some pieces. Pieces w/ 100 ponies stitched all over them. No real brand maintenance - Polo shit can be found in every outlet mall and T.J. Maxx.

I much prefer RRL - it's like the brand that PRL should've been..

Polo has a lot of stuff outside of the branded polo shirts and button downs. They have some decent knits and outerwear without branding (that you can get for good prices on sale), nice slim pants, and some decent suits. You just have to screen out the bad stuff.
post #22 of 69
If we're adding random letters, I'm going to call it XPRL because Xtreme makes anything cooler.
post #23 of 69
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToruOkada View Post
Robert are you trying to break your post percentage record from the J.Crew thread?

I'm trying to diversify, yes.
post #24 of 69
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericli90 View Post
Polo has a lot of stuff outside of the branded polo shirts and button downs. They have some decent knits and outerwear without branding (that you can get for good prices on sale), nice slim pants, and some decent suits. You just have to screen out the bad stuff.

I actually have a fairly decent black suit by PRL. It's slim and simple, good for things like job interviews. And like I said, the hunters sport jacket is decent (and has no logo). I so far have picked up 3 polo shirts in the vintage store and only one has the pony, and even that one is a small pony.
post #25 of 69
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
w t f?

the brand is called polo ralph lauren so im having a really hard time tryign to figure out what you want L to stand for, i dont know if theres an official acronym or not either but you cant just stick in a random letter

Ha ha, shoot me for making a mistake. Or appeal to admin to edit the title. I don't care. Like I said, I didn't know there was an official acronym or that it was a crime to ad lib one. PL stands for PoLo, if I'm allowed to take a little creative license, but if I'm not, well, then, I made a mistake. But is it really so hard to figure out? Especially when I explained what it was in the first post? Really? Or are you just intent on giving me a hard time?
post #26 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Or appeal to admin to edit the title.

You should be able to edit the title. Double click on the title on the main SW&D page, which should make the thread title editable for you.
post #27 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Ha ha, shoot me for making a mistake. Or appeal to admin to edit the title. I don't care. Like I said, I didn't know there was an official acronym or that it was a crime to ad lib one. PL stands for PoLo, if I'm allowed to take a little creative license, but if I'm not, well, then, I made a mistake. But is it really so hard to figure out? Especially when I explained what it was in the first post? Really? Or are you just intent on giving me a hard time?
RobErT ill call you RET from now on k? also this topic is discussed to death in MC, where everyone loves polo like people here love APC jeans
post #28 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
what is PLRL... you mean PRL right? polo ralph lauren... or ralph lauren blue label... of course they still make it i think polo is one of the hidden gems--the stuff they put online cant compare to the stuff in store, which is all very americana and very cool go check out an actual ralph lauren store, lots of really nice showpieces from prl
Thank god for this, read all the beginning posts thinking "what the fuck.... polo is one word" PRL has some meh mall-quality stuff (generally made in China) but they also have some really nice higher-end stuff (shirts made in Italy, suits by Corneliani [iirc] and often in nice cashmere blends). Haven't really seen much of the nicer stuff outside of PRL/RL stores though, the mall shit is the big pony shirts and crap like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
PL is actually in your user id, brah! Kool. To me it's cooler to say PL as opposed to just P. At least for purposes of this forum. I don't know what the "official" acronym is.
Check B&S. No one calls it PLRL, it's always PRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
If we're adding random letters, I'm going to call it XPRL because Xtreme makes anything cooler.
Fail, there's already RLX
post #29 of 69
Don't see how PRL is "slum". Their made in italy suitings are certainly not.
post #30 of 69
if you only ever see PRL at dillards/macys/(ross)/(marshalls) that stuff is awful but if you guys check the B&S, there was a PRL shearling recently made in italy that was ridiculous nice (but couldnt sell, though it sold on ebay for more) there was a ridiculous full length military double breasted coat with huge gold buttons, MII i sold a yellow curious george style raincoat, horn buttons, really nice fabric, nice plaid lining, MII and im sure there is other awesome stuff thats very limited... i have a hunch that rlpl/rlbl/prl/rrl made in italy sportswear (suits are made by different brands) is all the same factory (the prices are all pretty much the same) and just different styling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The Official Polo by Ralph Lauren Thread***