• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid wool knits. Check out Inventory Magazine. They've posted about them and are selling a collab hat and a cardi.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i have the red hat from inventory x inverallen. great quality stuff man!

pricey but worth it!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I wanted that hat and waited for it to go up on the site. Little did I know it sold out with pre-orders.

garmis

Reaction score
Yes, I am definitely interested in a used Inverallan cap.

Ry'on

Reaction score
The products are great. Definitely top quality. The sweaters take about 90 hours each and are all hand knitted and signed by the person who made them. They are quite heavy.

I didn't really realize, but the company is alive due to Japan - Beams have been huge supporters among other specialty shops. The prices over there are about 30-40% higher than ours though.

We'll have enough hats for everyone next fall!

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
I want the red knit cap as well. I think I'm going to try an order one directly off the website.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had been thinking about contacting Inverallan about doing a sweater for my thing, but I can barely decode their terrible website pics, lol. I think they could make a decent go at what I am looking for but I may go with something Nordic and not Aran.

Becks23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
The products are great. Definitely top quality. The sweaters take about 90 hours each and are all hand knitted and signed by the person who made them. They are quite heavy. I didn't really realize, but the company is alive due to Japan - Beams have been huge supporters among other specialty shops. The prices over there are about 30-40% higher than ours though. We'll have enough hats for everyone next fall!
The 90 hours part has me confused. Based on the pricing of a basic sweater at £110 GBP / $177 USD (http://www.inverallanhandknitters.co.uk/order.htm#top), how can they be profitable if each sweater takes 90 hours to knit? However without a doubt, the stuff does look great and will most likely find a spot in your closet for awhile.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I wanted that hat and waited for it to go up on the site. Little did I know it sold out with pre-orders.

yeah i was on preorder for it

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 90 hours bit may not make sense from an hourly wage perspective, but if the knitters are getting paid on a piece by piece basis (say, $50 - $100 per completed piece), not hourly, by people for whom knitting is like second nature (the kind of people who can probably knit and read a book at the same time and who would be knitting whether they get pair or not), I don't really see a problem with the 90 hour bit.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the sweaters don't take 90 hours to knit...

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
The 90 hours bit may not make sense from an hourly wage perspective, but if the knitters are getting paid on a piece by piece basis (say, $50 - $100 per completed piece), not hourly, by people for whom knitting is like second nature (the kind of people who can probably knit and read a book at the same time and who would be knitting whether they get pair or not), I don't really see a problem with the 90 hour bit.

It's less about the knitters getting a fair wage and more about the fact that nothing takes 90 hours to knit. Even if they're using really fine gauge yarn and needles (which they're not), I can't fathom these things taking more than 20-30 hrs max. But looking at them, and knowing several experienced knitters, I'd say they're more in the 10-15 hour range. Or maybe 9. Maybe the zero is a typo.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I could knit one of those sweaters in 90 hours and I don't know how to knit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads