or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inverallan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inverallan - Page 28

post #406 of 1030
leaning towards clonmany or crolly for a 6a. someone help me?
post #407 of 1030

I was looking at those myself, too (+ Muff). Thanks dotcom for posting the swatches!

 

Clonmany is more subtle and interesting as a donegal fabric, since the specks are many different shades. Whereas Crolly is mostly hues of blue. The candy blue flecks do pop though. I also have too much grey in my wardrobe, that's another consideration

 

post #408 of 1030
any sizing advice on 6a's? I have a 3a in 40, but reading back through the thread it seems 6as fit a big bigger....
post #409 of 1030

If anyone gets any info about other donegal fabric colours (greens in particular) please post them up here

post #410 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadhi27 View Post

I was looking at those myself, too (+ Muff). Thanks dotcom for posting the swatches!

Clonmany is more subtle and interesting as a donegal fabric, since the specks are many different shades. Whereas Crolly is mostly hues of blue. The candy blue flecks do pop though. I also have too much grey in my wardrobe, that's another consideration

No problem man! And I know what you mean. I'm trying not to get swayed by the shades that have more color in them. They look really good on a color card, but might be too busy on a whole sweater. That's just me. I think Crolly is my favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by about11oclock View Post

any sizing advice on 6a's? I have a 3a in 40, but reading back through the thread it seems 6as fit a big bigger....

I think you're right. End's size charts suggest this. I can certainly ask her if there's a difference in fit from one style to the next. On the 6A I'm thinking go tts for a snug, form fitting fit that will stretch somewhat with wear. Like Samadhi27 mentioned a few posts back. Then size up one for a slouchier relaxed fit. Personally I'm sizing up one. She sent this chart today, which differs a little from End's chart for the 6A. You can also shorten the arms and body length a bit if needed.
Quote:
We have just taken a few garments out and measured them and they are as follows: (again bearing in mind this differs slightly from knitter to knitter)


SIZE CHART

34: chest 17, back length 24, arm length 16.5

36: chest 18, back length 24.5, arm length 17

38: chest 19, back length 25, arm length 17

40: chest 20, back length 25.5, arm length 18

42: chest 21, back length 26, arm length 18.5

44: chest 22, back length 27, arm length 19



When we are knitting a garment from scratch we can have the length and arms a bit shorter if required, although I must say length and arms don't alter much as your not really stretching them when wearing, if you get what I mean ?

So there you go. I'd say go with the above chart over End's. She did mention a 44 will cost more than the other sizes. I'll find out how much. I'm also going to ask her about other knits, hats, scarfs, etc. I'll get back with prices. She also wants us to use order forms which she's provided: one for Arans and one for Donegals. I'll post them shortly. In the meantime she's forwarded the rest of the Donegal options available. Choices, choices, choices...

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
Edited by dotcomzzz - 8/12/13 at 9:32am
post #411 of 1030
Those natural colors + olives are great...already placed an order for my muff 6a or else I'd be tempted by these.

Here is the order form for the Donegal Tweeds.

She also sent me this:
Quote:
Thanks for your order form.

I'm afraid that we are unable to supply garments with our 'Inverallan' label on to the USA any longer as our trademark has been taken out there by our Japanese agent who wants all orders to go through him, however we are getting ready to launch a new label in the next few months which if we need to knit a garment(not from stock,as label is not launched yet) and as your order will take 12-14weeks to complete

we can put the new label on or you can have it without a label.

I am very sorry about this so if you can let me know whether you want the new label or no label

I went ahead and got the new label, just to see. I asked her what the name would be on the label and will post it if she's allowed to tell me.
post #412 of 1030
Sweet, thanks for posting the order form g tran. I'll post the Aran one in a bit.

I agree some of those greens and naturals are really nice. ill probably stick with Crolly tho. with a label. I wonder if it can't say 'inverallan' or it just can't be that design. Kind of sounds like the former.
post #413 of 1030
Do you all know if they have any lighter weight yarns available? I am afraid the ones I have seen would be too heavy basically the whole year in Atlanta.
post #414 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

Sweet, thanks for posting the order form g tran. I'll post the Aran one in a bit.

I agree some of those greens and naturals are really nice. ill probably stick with Crolly tho. with a label. I wonder if it can't say 'inverallan' or it just can't be that design. Kind of sounds like the former.

As far as I can tell, I think it's the whole Inverallan brand. I don't really understand it...that's why I asked her if there was going to be a new name.
post #415 of 1030
Crolly or Ardara... hrmmm.

Already have dark gray SS Ijevan.
post #416 of 1030
Placed an order for a 6A in Malin. Was really stuck between Malin and Muff but I ended up with Malin because it reminded me of driveslowk's purple Inverallan which I really love.
post #417 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

Those natural colors + olives are great...already placed an order for my muff 6a or else I'd be tempted by these.

Here is the order form for the Donegal Tweeds.

She also sent me this:
I went ahead and got the new label, just to see. I asked her what the name would be on the label and will post it if she's allowed to tell me.

 

Man, I'm definitely getting one now.  Only need to decide which.  Do we email the form once we've filled it in?

 

Also, two questions: What does it mean by "Double Donegal" for the cardigans and is anyone familiar with the 4A "Golfer Cardigan"?  

post #418 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

As far as I can tell, I think it's the whole Inverallan brand. I don't really understand it...that's why I asked her if there was going to be a new name.

I think you're right. sort of excited to see what comes of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by iotan View Post

Do you all know if they have any lighter weight yarns available? I am afraid the ones I have seen would be too heavy basically the whole year in Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimney View Post

Man, I'm definitely getting one now.  Only need to decide which.  Do we email the form once we've filled it in?

Also, two questions: What does it mean by "Double Donegal" for the cardigans and is anyone familiar with the 4A "Golfer Cardigan"?  

Glad you guys brought this up. I asked her about the "Double Donegal" name, if it meant they're twice as thick as the Arans or something, which yeah would be ridiculous. Here's what she said:

"No, thats just the name as we knit with 2 Strands of wool as opposed to 1, I would say its slightly thicker than the Aran but not too thick."

She offered to send swatches of each, the Double, Single, and Aran. I'll take her up on the offer and post them. iotan, maybe the Single is light enough for Atlanta weather. I guess I'll see about getting an order form for the Single Donegal yarns as well.

jimney, I'm going to email her tonight with a request for prices on the other models. If you want I can ask her about the 4A.

Here is is the order form for the Arans
post #419 of 1030
Why would 3a fit any different from 6a, 4a, etc?
post #420 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post


jimney, I'm going to email her tonight with a request for prices on the other models. If you want I can ask her about the 4A.

The order form actually has prices for the different models, as well as accessories, when you select them in the drop-down menu.  I just meant what does it look like, since I don't think anyone in this thread has discussed it.

 

Looking forward to seeing the Arans, thanks for helping with this!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Inverallan