or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Black jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Black jeans - Page 2

post #16 of 33
I own two, a pair of Acne jeans and a pair of levi 514 (see an older thread on black jeans where getsmart posted pictures of those, they look really good and are pretty cheap). I personnally only like slim fitted black jeans, anything baggier looks out of place in that color IMHO.
post #17 of 33
I've got one pair from John Varvatos that isn't overdyed (only the warp is black). They've got a very regular ralfish fit (moderate rise, neither slim nor loose, slight bootcut), which makes them relatively versatile for a pair of black jeans. Like Darknworn, I think a white button-front complements them well - I've got one from Margiela with black buttons that looks particularly good with black denim. I still don't find myself wearing them much, though. I had high hopes early on that they would fade like a pair of indigo jeans (they are raw, after all), but unfortunately the dye is colorfast. So I'd say they play just a niche role in my wardrobe.
post #18 of 33
Thread Starter 
So I guess the thing I'm still wondering most is whether black is really back with regards to denim. I feel like I am seeing more and more of it in stores, but not that much more on people. I know that the dark indigo craze is starting to really hit, did black truly come with it, and would a pair of black jeans be a sound investment, or for maximum usability is dark indigo still a better bet?
post #19 of 33
I'm a grown ass man - if I want to wear black jeans, I'll wear black jeans.

In regards to fit, I dunno, I ordered the RB6.b fit unseen because I knew I wouldn't want to keep the RB6.s but you can only exchange there.. and I just purchased a couple pairs prior to those that were not dry and wanted 2 pairs of dry.
post #20 of 33
I think my next pair of jeans will be a black pair, have my eye on these :



Regular Ralf Black Pocket Stitch
post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
So I guess the thing I'm still wondering most is whether black is really back with regards to denim. I feel like I am seeing more and more of it in stores, but not that much more on people. I know that the dark indigo craze is starting to really hit, did black truly come with it, and would a pair of black jeans be a sound investment, or for maximum usability is dark indigo still a better bet?
as long as their not stonewashed
post #22 of 33
I bought a throwaway pair of Calvin Klein overdye last year - but kept it as it's dark enough to replace my dress pants when I have a feeling I might be drinking more than usual and could spill food and drink.

I think if the jeans are overdyed, they're good for dressing up. If they're faded, then break out the cotton t-shirts and sneakers to go with it
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
So I guess the thing I'm still wondering most is whether black is really back with regards to denim. I feel like I am seeing more and more of it in stores, but not that much more on people. I know that the dark indigo craze is starting to really hit, did black truly come with it, and would a pair of black jeans be a sound investment, or for maximum usability is dark indigo still a better bet?

Black jeans have a lot of baggage and a lot of attitude. Wear them; don't let them wear you!

The "return" of black denim (which I am not convinced of, as a trend) is IMO not related to the raw/dark indigo trend (which is definitely penetrating the wider market.)
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by keal
I bought a throwaway pair of Calvin Klein overdye last year - but kept it as it's dark enough to replace my dress pants when I have a feeling I might be drinking more than usual and could spill food and drink.

I think if the jeans are overdyed, they're good for dressing up. If they're faded, then break out the cotton t-shirts and sneakers to go with it

the overdyed black APC new standards are delightful
post #25 of 33
black jeans are punk rock.

$200 black jeans are not.

post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgm
the overdyed black APC new standards are delightful

I think I'll add that to my Christmas wish list
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock
black jeans are punk rock. $200 black jeans are not.
oh but $300 black jeans are
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
oh but $300 black jeans are

lol, yea less than $50 or more than $300 is definitely punk as fuck
post #29 of 33
yeah since when is punk about being cheap anyway. they're fashion whores too.
post #30 of 33
Punk=$700 sunglasses, $50 jeans, $10 hooker, free drugs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Black jeans