Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Drakes of London - Page 7
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1248/11/11 at 3:19amWhen you take off the tie, do you hold the knot and then snake out the narrow blade? Ive done this too aggressively in the past and popped some seams, especially on heavier fabrics, which pop the thinner thread. You should take the tie off in reverse of how you put it on.
This probably does not have to do with your drakes question, but just saying in general.post #93 of 1248/11/11 at 3:44ampost #94 of 1248/11/11 at 5:41ampost #95 of 1248/11/11 at 6:40ampost #96 of 1248/11/11 at 7:37ampost #97 of 1248/11/11 at 7:50ampost #98 of 1248/11/11 at 3:09pmQuote:
So do you pull the fat end up and through the knot? What's the proper method? I've always done what you described.
*edit* Ok, I just did a quick search and found out you're supposed to just work backward to untie it. Learned something new today.post #99 of 12412/31/11 at 2:46pmI recently interviewed Drakes' new creative director Michael Hill. here are the links to part 1 and 2
http://davidreevesbespoke.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/drakes-of-london-an-interview-with-michael-hill-part-2/post #100 of 1241/16/12 at 9:24ampost #101 of 1241/16/12 at 9:35ampost #102 of 1246/17/12 at 8:30ampost #103 of 1246/17/12 at 8:33ampost #104 of 1246/17/12 at 5:18pmpost #105 of 1246/17/12 at 5:22pm
- Drakes of London
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1683 Active Users (409 Members and 1274 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 second ago
- › things that are making you happy 47 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...