• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, We're thrilled to present our brand new collection of raw selvedge jeans. EP's is a new brand for us, and will be the more casual and rugged side of the Epaulet collection. I pasted our official press text below, but I want to mention four quick things first: 1. We'll have an ass-kicking website dedicated to EP's tomorrow. A fellow SF member - who is incredibly resistant to sleep deprivation - is putting it together. 2. We'll do an EP's and Styleforum contest around this first delivery of jeans. I'll get all the details and timeline finalized by Monday. Promise you're going to love it. 3. If the indigo jeans catch your eye, don't sleep on them. The fabric is true deadstock and it's amazing. I've got photos of a five-year old jean done in this exact denim. It's a feast for the eyes. 4. The jeans are a tapered straight leg - similar to the APC New Standard. We recommend sizing down one inch from your usual size for the best fit. Okay, onto the good stuff... EP's denim by Epaulet We proudly present EP's - our collection of raw denim jeans made in Los Angeles. Intended to compliment our shirts, sportcoats, and footwear, EP's have clean design, strong construction, and an excellent cut. Each piece is crafted in artisan selvedge denim woven and will deliver a comfortable fit and great fade. EP's is one of our in-house brands and is exclusive to Epaulet. Like our other Epaulet pieces, EP's are crafted in the USA in small batches. Alongside a few basics, we'll release a constant stream of special and limited editions. EP's have minimal embellishments. There's no logo and no contrast stitching. The front has gunmetal donut buttons, button fly, and riveted pockets. Stitched bartacks on the rear pockets reinforce the top. Pockets are crafted in rugged hickory-stripe cotton twill. The EP's coin pocket is pefectly sized to accommodate a few cards and some cash, thereby doubling as a mini-wallet. A genuine cowhide patch is stamped and sewn onto the rear. It's really all about great fabric, classic style, and a precise fit. EP's look just as good with a sportcoat and wingtips as they do with a sweater & boots. With their clean and versatile design, they'll surely be one of your favorite pieces. The "Smith" fit is a tapered straight leg jean. It's slim without being too skinny. It has a small leg opening which works well with proper shoes, boots, and trainers. Click through the shop links for more information, huge images, and full measurements.
4189834913_1441f95906.jpg
EP's Smith in Cone Mills White Oak Deadstock Indigo: $145 14oz sanforized red-line selvedge
4190597132_fbeb347a7a.jpg
EP's Smith in Kurabo Black: $145 12oz sanforized white-line selvedge
4189835837_0d61d159d8.jpg
EP's Smith in Cone Mills White Oak Streaky Vintage: $145 12oz sanforized red-line selvedge

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking jean, great price.

Can you post the pics of the 5 year old jean in the same denim as the indigos?

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Nice looking jean, great price.

Can you post the pics of the 5 year old jean in the same denim as the indigos?

+1. I need some new jeans, and for that price, I'm in. I want something that will last me a long time, and fade nice. would like to see pics of the faded pair

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Are you considering doing a proper skinny fit? Would instakop at that price in any of those denims.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, here are the images of the faded indigo. This is the same exact deadstock fabric that we're offering. 5 years of wear. Our contractor is a hardcore denimhead, so I can't guarantee these exact results without some serious knowledge & technique, but you can see what can be achieved.

4191256576_8f117d5c2d.jpg

See full size

4190494997_a1d2a7bfa7.jpg

See full size

4190495229_6b20f3da1e.jpg

See full size

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice...good work man!

SPK

Reaction score
These look great! Awesome price too

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys - this was one of the missing parts in our equation. We wanted something to jive with the rest of our collection and stand on its own. We're going to put our heart into this line and work to become the go-to source for US-made clean selvedge jeans at a fair price. There's lots of good things to come in the Spring.

Yes, the current fit is a medium rise. Not crazy high like some Japanese repro's.

And sure, if this is a success then we'll look into adding additional fits down the road. We'll see how this one goes!

Thanks to everyone who's ordered so far. Our denim packaging is coming tomorrow (oh man, you're gonna like that), so we'll be able to ship tomorrow evening.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
looks great. is this mid rise?

FWIW, I just compared the size charts of these to the APC NS size chart on Context, and pretty much all measurements are identical (for a 31 NS and 32 EP). Would seem that the thigh is slightly slimmer in these.

Really great looking jeans, trying very hard to resist.

givemefive

Reaction score
omg what size what size.
biggrin.gif
size 30 I think :dunno: lookin good though, a cleaner look than the repro stuff for sure

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black jeans look great...amazing price here guys! I unfortunately have WAY too much cone denim in my closet right now. nor do I even want to think about buying jeans for at least another year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads