Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:44 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 863post #12931 of 165964/10/14 at 10:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12932 of 165964/10/14 at 11:30pmpost #12933 of 165964/11/14 at 4:24amGot my tropical shorts yesterday. Fit is perfect, and the hand to the fabric is definitely a lot more unique than the pictures show. A very cool pair of shorts. Also, I'm 6'1", and they fit right above the knee for me, so no hemming necessary. I'm definitely going to get a ton of wear out of these this summer.post #12934 of 165964/11/14 at 6:08amToday's blog post is very shirt history of the chino.
To add on a little that wasn't mention in the blog a mill here in the states called Galey and Lord were first to make chino's for the U.S. Military - I cut and pasted from their website. I want to do business with them but they are a pain to work with which is sad.
As a producer of premium fabrics since 1886, Galey & Lord has been at the very core of American style for more than a century. Created and fostered by successive generations of the Lord family, the company built its reputation on craftsmanship and a tireless quest to seek out new fibers and finishing processes. This innovative spirit lead to a series of landmarks in the fabric industry including the introduction of Cramerton Army Cloth, the very first khaki. Originally used by the American military services starting in the 1930’s, it eventually became an indispensable component in the worldwide fashion industry. This same creative and pioneering spirit drives Galey & Lord today, as it pushes boundaries in design and manufacturing and continues to have a profound impact on American style.post #12935 of 165964/12/14 at 6:28pmpost #12936 of 165964/13/14 at 6:22pmpost #12937 of 165964/14/14 at 10:17ampost #12938 of 165964/14/14 at 10:27ampost #12939 of 165964/14/14 at 2:03pmpost #12940 of 165964/14/14 at 2:47pmpost #12941 of 165964/15/14 at 4:21ampost #12942 of 165964/15/14 at 6:26amQuote:
They may shrink a little, but they also drape/stack well - even if you're shorter, they're slim enough in the waist that they won't wear like a tent.Quote:Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Got my tropical shorts yesterday. Fit is perfect, and the hand to the fabric is definitely a lot more unique than the pictures show. A very cool pair of shorts. Also, I'm 6'1", and they fit right above the knee for me, so no hemming necessary. I'm definitely going to get a ton of wear out of these this summer.
Great to hear, thanks for your support!Quote:Originally Posted by veekta
I somehow got some dye from my leather belt stained on my mint tshirt :( I love the color and was wondering if there was a way to wash out the stain without ruining the color of the shirt. I've tried just throwing in the laundry twice but it doesn't seem to be doing much.
Our shirts should be fairly colorfast, but I'd recommend cold washing with a good stain remover.post #12943 of 165964/15/14 at 1:25pmpost #12944 of 165964/15/14 at 1:47pmpost #12945 of 165964/15/14 at 1:53pm
Well I assumed by Mauro's last post yesterday that the chinos and oxfords are still being finished and shipped to him, so he obviously doesn't have any pictures of the product yet, so he can't sell them yet either. I'm reading the rest of the post as these things being available early next month.
- The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › NWT Esemplare Orange jacket. Tagged Large but fits medium 25 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...