or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 808

post #12106 of 14609

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Waiting for mail lady to finish walking up streets drive back by with my package! DEAMN love the monkey arm that for now on!


Edited by JasonYeckel - 2/8/14 at 11:42am
post #12107 of 14609
Here's mine.


  • I'm typically a medium BD, but bought AD this time. For me, the flannel definitely needs something more substantial underneath; the fit with just a t-shirt doesn't work. The attached pic is layered on top of a henley.
  • Love the color and construction. It's a great pattern and fabric.
  • Horn buttons are a great touch; it's the details like that keep me buying WvG.
  • That said, still unsure the AD fit is right for me - where I live it doesn't get that cold, so not sure how much use I'll wear the shirt if I have to layer a henley or crew neck underneath. Not sure if I'll keep or try to have a tailor add darts.
  • For those more versed in fit, should I be buying monkey arms? If you notice where this shirt hits, it look like it's right below my wrist - feels slightly short.
post #12108 of 14609

Hi. I'm trying to figure out which WvG fit would work best for me. My nearest comparison is an Epaulet S that seem to fit pretty well.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Measurements on this are 19" chest, 17.5" shoulder, 25.5" sleeve, 29.5" body length.

The closest thing I see in WvG is XS-BD. That's got the same chest and sleeve, but with much smaller shoulder (1") and body length (2.75").

Then there's the WvG S-BD. Now the shoulder is slightly too big (0.5"), as is the chest (1"). The sleeves are 1" longer but that's probably for the best. But the body is still way short.

 

Can anyone else with some Epaulet shirts chime in? The fit seems kind of weird to me based on measurements alone so I kind of feel like I'm missing something. Does anyone wear these tucked in at all? It seems impossible. The shirt above is already barely long enough for me. I know there's a monkey arms option that makes the body longer but that adds an incredible 2" to the sleeves which is way too much for me.

 

Heard great things about the brand and I would love to get my hands on some of the awesome fabrics WvG produces. Thanks!

post #12109 of 14609
if your small epaulet, you will be fine in wvg small
post #12110 of 14609

has the BD sizing ever been tweaked? i would love an extra inch (even half-inch) in the body length......

 

i wear a WvG small BD and small EP.

 

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better.  oh well.  both are great companies.  not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.

post #12111 of 14609
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonYeckel View Post
 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Waiting for mail lady to finish walking up streets drive back by with my package! DEAMN love the monkey arm that for now on!

 

What is "the monkey arm"? I've seen references but I haven't figured that out yet...

post #12112 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

What is "the monkey arm"? I've seen references but I haven't figured that out yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post

has the BD sizing ever been tweaked? i would love an extra inch (even half-inch) in the body length......

i wear a WvG small BD and small EP.

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better.  oh well.  both are great companies.  not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.












Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Here's mine.


  • I'm typically a medium BD, but bought AD this time. For me, the flannel definitely needs something more substantial underneath; the fit with just a t-shirt doesn't work. The attached pic is layered on top of a henley.
  • Love the color and construction. It's a great pattern and fabric.
  • Horn buttons are a great touch; it's the details like that keep me buying WvG.
  • That said, still unsure the AD fit is right for me - where I live it doesn't get that cold, so not sure how much use I'll wear the shirt if I have to layer a henley or crew neck underneath. Not sure if I'll keep or try to have a tailor add darts.
  • For those more versed in fit, should I be buying monkey arms? If you notice where this shirt hits, it look like it's right below my wrist - feels slightly short.

That's where the shirt should hit you.
post #12113 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

What is "the monkey arm"? I've seen references but I haven't figured that out yet...

It's the term we use for people with arms longer than normal. The monkey arm shirt gives 2 inches in arm length and one inch in the body. If you want an extra inch for a total of 2 inches in the boy you may get that too.






Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post

has the BD sizing ever been tweaked? i would love an extra inch (even half-inch) in the body length......

i wear a WvG small BD and small EP.

EP is slightly tighter in the chest (prefer WvG chest) but the length is better.  oh well.  both are great companies.  not a deal breaker either way, but i would love WvG even more if the shirt was a bit longer.

Net time you order request an extra inch in length in the order comments. It's that simple.
post #12114 of 14609
We can ask for an extra inch in the body? Thought that would be an MTM thing. Stoked!
post #12115 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post


It's the term we use for people with arms longer than normal. The monkey arm shirt gives 2 inches in arm length and one inch in the body. If you want an extra inch for a total of 2 inches in the boy you may get that too.
Net time you order request an extra inch in length in the order comments. It's that simple.

Great, I may ask for the same thing.

 

Would it also be possible to ask for a locker loop and a back-collar button? It's not a major thing, but I love them as small touches

post #12116 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

Great, I may ask for the same thing.

Would it also be possible to ask for a locker loop and a back-collar button? It's not a major thing, but I love them as small touches
have to say o would have snagged the back button on some maybe a loop
post #12117 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

Great, I may ask for the same thing.

Would it also be possible to ask for a locker loop and a back-collar button? It's not a major thing, but I love them as small touches

I am probably not going to do that for my basic shirts but what I could do is have a capsule with a throw back or homage to the classics. The locker loop on the outside of the shirt bothers me, personally but if you and a handful of other people want it I will make it happen this summer.

Adding an extra inch to body length even on Monkey arms is not a big deal.

Right now people ( probably the same people) are asking for -

Popovers

Button fly shorts and chinos

Hidden placket shirts

Polo shirts

ALL of these things are doable.
post #12118 of 14609
I don't know if I dreamed it, but did the AD/BD shirts get an extra inch added to the sleeves for the standard stock sizes?
post #12119 of 14609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post


Adding an extra inch to body length even on Monkey arms is not a big deal.

You the man.
post #12120 of 14609
Hidden placket Polo shirts. DO IT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread