or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 794

post #11896 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

You need to fix this.
kthxbye

I wish I could but even if I did someone would bitch just to bitch.


The newsletter will drop Tuesday more than likely. We are shooting pictures this weekend. We have also started blogging again. We have some wonderful writers doing some very interesting write ups to help people understand construction, fabric, fit, and more. We also have a couple more things in the works that will help aide people.

I have to write this, today I received and email from a guy who said he was an medium but need 8.5 inches to 9 Inches added to the width of the arms of my shirts. Yes, you read that correctly. That's not even one of the weirder emails I get on the regular. This is why I am focusing on the blog and other venues so I will not be on SF as much as I usually am. I need to make sure my customers understand measurements, fit, construction, and fabric. A smarter more knowledgeable customer is a happier customer.
post #11897 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

I wish I could but even if I did someone would bitch just to bitch.


The newsletter will drop Tuesday more than likely. We are shooting pictures this weekend. We have also started blogging again. We have some wonderful writers doing some very interesting write ups to help people understand construction, fabric, fit, and more. We also have a couple more things in the works that will help aide people.

I have to write this, today I received and email from a guy who said he was an medium but need 8.5 inches to 9 Inches added to the width of the arms of my shirts. Yes, you read that correctly. That's not even one of the weirder emails I get on the regular. This is why I am focusing on the blog and other venues so I will not be on SF as much as I usually am. I need to make sure my customers understand measurements, fit, construction, and fabric. A smarter more knowledgeable customer is a happier customer.

I told you that in confidence, and it was just the right arm...I won't explain why.
post #11898 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post


I told you that in confidence, and it was just the right arm...I won't explain why.

what would one say in defense to that is "look at dis guy....."

post #11899 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post

speaking of henleys, does anyone have any from last year that they want to sell?  i like the super slim fit more than this years fit.  size large.  hit me up!!!

I might have one of those. I'll check and get back to you.
post #11900 of 14608
Update.

There might be a newsletter tomorrow. It will be for the chambray's, 2.0 lounge pant, new henley, and pre-orders for March.
We are now on schedule it only took 2 fucking years. Every month ( 5 weeks) you will receive pre-order if. Only people who pre-order will be guaranteed shirts. I am going to once again change the format of things I am loosing to much money. I have to start posting more things on the web. So rewards members will be given prior knowledge to items releasing but you will receive pre-order and exclusives in your newsletters.
Tee's are currently being made. I will make short sleeve v-necks and short sleeve roll necks in this run.
Lounge pant 2.0 is locked on.
Chino's are starting to be made as well. The fit is on point and they will be about 10 to 15 dollars more than that crap you see out there like bonobos. I am hoping to keep them sub $100.00 if possible. I can't promise ( that's rewards price). The chino will be made from an 8oz sanded canvas and then over dyed. First run will be Predator followed by the Justin.
Bloodline chino's will finish sometime this week. I am very excited for them.

Valentines day shirts ship this week as well followed by the flannels. I have made a not to myself not to do flannels after November this year. I have a shit load of bad ass flannels made from really cool fabrics for you. This is all for now.
post #11901 of 14608
ETA for MTO flannels?
post #11902 of 14608

Hey, for some reason I am just not understanding this. Apologies if this is just me misreading but can anyone, or even Mauro, help me out with what Mauro means by, "So rewards members will be given prior knowledge to items releasing but you will receive pre-order and exclusives in your newsletters."

post #11903 of 14608
i havent talked to mauro in awhile but presumably he means that he wants to have more product available on the web for regular non-loyalty members

those of us who are loyalty members shouldnt have to and wouldnt want to wait till it hits the webstore since your size will likely be gone since he only makes small batches of shirting. in other words, your newsletters are the key to ordering the shirts you want. if you want the shirt, you will have to throw down for the pre-order. if you dont order at pre-order stage when newsletter comes out, you run the risk of your size not being available and/or mauro not making the shirt public on the webstore in the first place due to his minimums and allotment for b&m stores
post #11904 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben23 View Post

Hey, for some reason I am just not understanding this. Apologies if this is just me misreading but can anyone, or even Mauro, help me out with what Mauro means by, "So rewards members will be given prior knowledge to items releasing but you will receive pre-order and exclusives in your newsletters."

I think it means three things:
1. The only way to 100% guarantee you'll get a particular item is to pre-order it. The newsletters will give us a heads-up on pre-ordering deadlines.
2. In addition to having the opportunity to pre-order stuff that's in the normal production cycle, we'll also occasionally get the exclusive opportunity through the newsletter to purchase something that won't be available for general sale through the website.
3. From time to time, we'll also get an advance warning before something goes up for sale on the website. No guarantee your preferred size/style will be available, but at least you have a chance to check before everything gets bought.

I could be totally wrong, though. smile.gif
post #11905 of 14608
Will the new chinos have the non-vanity sizing like last time? So that means you should size up 2-3 from your "normal" pants size again? Cause I loved the fit of a 29 predator in the legs, but I need like another 3 inches in the waist... That means even the slim chinos would be too baggy on me, and I don't have skinny legs.
post #11906 of 14608

Anyone know how often the newsletters mentioned are usually released? Quarterly?

post #11907 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

ETA for MTO flannels?

Already 70 degrees every day here frown.gif Looks like AW14 flannel for me at this point.
post #11908 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Already 70 degrees every day here frown.gif Looks like AW14 flannel for me at this point.

If you want to cancel your order please email me and I will happily refund you. The Flannels have been a nightmare. The wool is VERY thick. My factory is backed up and I have made a road trip from DC to Ohio to make sure everything was going smooth. The flannels are not even a week late. I had to make sure the valentines day shirts weren't late. I will not do a special order like this again. It threw my whole Spring'14 production out of whack. I am just as frustrated as you are but the shirts take time to be sewn correctly. We match are plaids and prints. The fabrics are different widths so need to be cut at different time. There are so many factors. I apologize but if you can't wait then cancel your order.
For the record I really went out of my way to try make everyone happy. Some people requested changes that weren't offered and I went ahead and did them. I won't do that anymore either. It takes WAY to much time. I am doing my best and people want so much more than what I can give. I am sorry.
post #11909 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by who8mahrice View Post

Will the new chinos have the non-vanity sizing like last time? So that means you should size up 2-3 from your "normal" pants size again? Cause I loved the fit of a 29 predator in the legs, but I need like another 3 inches in the waist... That means even the slim chinos would be too baggy on me, and I don't have skinny legs.
Where do you think this up? Everything is marked a graded accordingly. Your true waist size is your true waist size there is no fudging the math. The predator chinos are slim and if you have thick leg the predator body style might not be for you. You might want the justin body style.



Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

Anyone know how often the newsletters mentioned are usually released? Quarterly?
When you received your welcome letter it told you how often newsletter would drop. I hate receiving to much shit email so when I meant I would send out one, two, maybe on a crazy month 3 newsletters a month, I meant it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

When you received your welcome letter it told you how often newsletter would drop. I hate receiving to much shit email so when I meant I would send out one, two, maybe on a crazy month 3 newsletters a month, I meant it.


I think it means three things:
1. The only way to 100% guarantee you'll get a particular item is to pre-order it. The newsletters will give us a heads-up on pre-ordering deadlines.
2. In addition to having the opportunity to pre-order stuff that's in the normal production cycle, we'll also occasionally get the exclusive opportunity through the newsletter to purchase something that won't be available for general sale through the website.
3. From time to time, we'll also get an advance warning before something goes up for sale on the website. No guarantee your preferred size/style will be available, but at least you have a chance to check before everything gets bought.

I could be totally wrong, though. smile.gif

You are correct.
post #11910 of 14608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

If you want to cancel your order please email me and I will happily refund you. The Flannels have been a nightmare. The wool is VERY thick. My factory is backed up and I have made a road trip from DC to Ohio to make sure everything was going smooth. The flannels are not even a week late. I had to make sure the valentines day shirts weren't late. I will not do a special order like this again. It threw my whole Spring'14 production out of whack. I am just as frustrated as you are but the shirts take time to be sewn correctly. We match are plaids and prints. The fabrics are different widths so need to be cut at different time. There are so many factors. I apologize but if you can't wait then cancel your order.
For the record I really went out of my way to try make everyone happy. Some people requested changes that weren't offered and I went ahead and did them. I won't do that anymore either. It takes WAY to much time. I am doing my best and people want so much more than what I can give. I am sorry.

Think you guys should cut Mauro some slack. Its obvious he prides himself on customer service and want to put out a good product. I didn't buy a flannel, but I look forward to seeing them. I'm sure they won't disappoint.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread