Mauro, will there be more of the red/blue flannels made or was that pre-order only?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 723post #10831 of 1675910/23/13 at 5:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10832 of 1675910/23/13 at 5:42ampost #10833 of 1675910/23/13 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07
Yes, joining the loyalty programme is a no brainer if you dig the stuff that Mauro rolls out.
That said, I'm pretty sure most people would be on the fence in buying into the programme as they are unsure of the size and how it will fit and feel on their first purchase. As such, would it be possible for Mauro to allow the person to have a free membership on his next purchase or top up the difference if he had purchased a low cost item such as t shirts as opposed to the sweater example?
stop being cheap.post #10834 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:06ampost #10835 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:35am
Not sure how is that being cheap... For the records I'm a full fledged tote holder right from the start.
Just throwing out some suggestions to make it a win win situation for both Mauro and the consumer... As per the example Mauro quoted, Mauro would still be 50 bucks better off. Which is why I suggested if the first purchase is a cheaper item say a tshirt for 60, on the second purchase the person would just pay 70 instead of 100 for the loyalty programme. Not sure how is this being cheappost #10836 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07
Not sure how is that being cheap... For the records I'm a full fledged tote holder right from the start.
Just throwing out some suggestions to make it a win win situation for both Mauro and the consumer... As per the example Mauro quoted, Mauro would still be 50 bucks better off. Which is why I suggested if the first purchase is a cheaper item say a tshirt for 60, on the second purchase the person would just pay 70 instead of 100 for the loyalty programme. Not sure how is this being cheap
because mauro already goes out of his way to help his customers. you are essentially asking that he give away membership in the loyalty program - i.e., buy a certain amount and you're automatically in. it doesn't work that way; you either buy in or you don't. the program is insanely generous as it is. you get so much from this brand and its designer that it comes across as patently absurd to ask for more. at the end of the day, mauro is running a business, not a charity.post #10837 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:44amHope my well intention is not misconstrued. I'm also a beneficiary of Mauro's superb customer services!
Perhaps I wasnt too clear in my suggestion. It was not meant to be a default option to give away membership for free. It's more like an additional option if person after purchasing his first item wants in to the loyalty programme. Why penalize the chap for wanting to just have a tester piece before deciding to take the plunge eventually? On balance, Mauro would not make any loss either way if you had purchased into the loyalty programme right from the start! The goal is to help Mauro build up his loyalty basepost #10838 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:47ampost #10839 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Mauro
The loyalty program did go up to $100.00 , I told everyone that this would happen but like some people mentioned even if it was $200.00 it's still a deal. If you are worried about a one time fee of $75.00 to $100.00 you really shouldn't be buying designer clothing, no matter what.
wolf vs goat is a small business, not a charity.
furthermore, this is a high-end fashion brand, not your local mall store or department store
this is a ONE-TIME fee, like costco/samsclub except they charge you every year to be a part of the membership. if the $100 is off-putting or is a financial risk or your just not sure altogether about the style or fit or whatever, that is fine and understandable but dont complain about it and ask for more incentives and more concessions. wvg already gives more than any other competitor in the market whether they are on Styleforum or not.
lastly the whole argument of im not sure because of sizing is stupid and easily fixed:
1. you can purchase an item from an affiliate store that carries the label, such as Need Supply, that has a great return policy and also offers a styleforum discount
2. you could buy a lower cost item such as a t-shirt or a shirt on sale to figure out your size
3. you could buy a shirt off of the SF marketplace or even ebay if your lucky
4. you could lurk on this thread and ask questions and most people are polite enough to give advice UNLESS the same question has been asked 500000000 times
5. you could look at the provided measurements on the website or even email mauro directly for sizing advice and further measurements
6. you could suck it up, be a man, and buy an item at full cost because EVEN AT full cost, wvg products speak for themselves in uniqueness, quality, fit, and pricepoint against any of its competitors. top notch materials all made in USA
7. WORST CASE SCENARIO ... you could be THAT DUDE that buys 2-3 sizes of everything and returns the one that doesnt fit. again remember this is a small business ... he doesnt HAVE to do anything for you
styleforum has become this place of cheapskates that quibble over everything. i understand "we" are supposed to be more knowledgeable about clothing and blablabla and expect more bang for your buck and return on investment in your clothes, but get real. you shop at a place like wolf vs goat because you appreciate its products and what it stands for. if you ONLY buy nice things on sale and expect to buy everything at a comparable sale or factory outlet price of jcrew/h&m/zara or whatever, then you are missing the point of wvg in the first place
ok rant over ... back to workpost #10840 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:50am
moving on lets get back to the clothes!
i'm rocking my kickass blue overdye oxford today. i gotta say the color on this shirt is awesome. if you have blue eyes this shirt is a must buy! you're doing yourself a complete disservice otherwise. it's a simple shirt but with the unique shade of blue and the perfect fit of WvG it is probably my most worn button down. looooove it.post #10841 of 1675910/23/13 at 7:51ampost #10842 of 1675910/23/13 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07
Hope my well intention is not misconstrued. I'm also a beneficiary of Mauro's superb customer services!
Perhaps I wasnt too clear in my suggestion. It was not meant to be a default option to give away membership for free. It's more like an additional option if person after purchasing his first item wants in to the loyalty programme. Why penalize the chap for wanting to just have a tester piece before deciding to take the plunge eventually? On balance, Mauro would not make any loss either way if you had purchased into the loyalty programme right from the start! The goal is to help Mauro build up his loyalty base
Not getting to always have things on your terms /=/ "being penalized". But thanks for adding yet another form of victimization to society's ever-growing list.
Crappy camera phone quality, but fwiw fit pics of:
Joker plaid bloodline trousers (33W, "Paul" cut)
White Japanese Oxford (Monkey arms, M After Dinner)
For fit reference purposes, I'm 6'1", about 185, and have stupidly long arms.post #10843 of 1675910/23/13 at 9:12ampost #10844 of 1675910/23/13 at 10:34am
I must be the only person that just bought the tote as my first purchase... before ordering a shirt. I would honestly pay the same cost each year for the amount it saves me, best decision I've made. I'm going to feel almost guilty when I get a MTM suit made in a few months.post #10845 of 1675910/23/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by sharkminusbear
I must be the only person that just bought the tote as my first purchase... before ordering a shirt. I would honestly pay the same cost each year for the amount it saves me, best decision I've made. I'm going to feel almost guilty when I get a MTM suit made in a few months.
Same, bought into the loyalty program soon after reading all the good things about the brand.
This thread is locked
- The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Custom Clothiers NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...