or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 721

post #10801 of 13958
I don't bite. You can email these questions. I am sold out out a lot of colors in small and medium. Everything else has a few left, FYI.
post #10802 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

I don't bite. You can email these questions. I am sold out out a lot of colors in small and medium. Everything else has a few left, FYI.

ran by mauro's yesterday and tried on a tee. only planned on buy 2 and walked out with 6 short sleeve roll necks plus 2 longsleeves for my gf. will def be back to grab more longsleeves for myself

once you try one on, you will be in <3. ridiculously soft and great fit
post #10803 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

ran by mauro's yesterday and tried on a tee. only planned on buy 2 and walked out with 6 short sleeve roll necks plus 2 longsleeves for my gf. will def be back to grab more longsleeves for myself

once you try one on, you will be in <3. ridiculously soft and great fit
Did you size same as last year? Assume your last year ones are XS.
post #10804 of 13958
im a slim 36 chest and take Small BD in all of mauros shirting ... for tees im a TTS small

XS was too small and are for my gf
post #10805 of 13958
There's been some talk about t-shirt sizing, so I thought I'd weigh in and say that I went TTS on them. TTS means "true to size", indicating that it's an actual size - medium, for example, which is what I'm wearing - as opposed to a made-up size, like 83. If you walk into a clothing store and try to buy something, and when they ask you what size you want and you say "83", they're going to look at you funny because 83 isn't an actual (or "true") size. If you ask for a medium, however, they'll know exactly what you mean, so they'll check in the back to look for a medium and come out and tell you that they ran out. At that point you might as well ask for a size 83 because you're pretty much SOL.

x-post from WAYWT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Sorry, pic isn't as evenly lit as I thought it would be, so it doesn't do a great job capturing teh fadez...I think I gotta change my camera angle now that the sun's so far to the south.



qlo jacket
WvG tee
W+H denims
Aldoen shoes

Mug by Logical Hue
post #10806 of 13958
@notwithit - that's just a really good look. Strong work.
post #10807 of 13958
Winston-

My goal is simple. To try my best so that you know what size garment of my to buy every single time. Somethings are more challenging than other. Right now, I believe the tees , sweaters, button down and hoodies are all there. What this means is if you wear a "small" in WvG and someone says it's TTS that would be it would be a safe bet to go ahead and order a small.
The other great thing about WvG and the loyalty program is you can always order two sizes and ship back the one that doesn't fit. I believe that method works best if you are on the fence about a size or are just getting acquainted with the brand. I am here to help you get the best product with the best fit. It's really that simple.

Best,

Mauro
post #10808 of 13958
I gotta echo what Mauro is saying and honestly that's the one thing that resonated with me and made me want to become a tote member. The fact that the sizing is consistent. I'm a M BD and I know I will be in all the shirts unless I change. With that said I need more of the freakin' tees.

Llama flannel which I'm just absolutely crazy about.



Momotaro
WvG
Momotaro
Timberland
post #10809 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

There's been some talk about t-shirt sizing, so I thought I'd weigh in and say that I went TTS on them. TTS means "true to size", indicating that it's an actual size - medium, for example, which is what I'm wearing - as opposed to a made-up size, like 83. If you walk into a clothing store and try to buy something, and when they ask you what size you want and you say "83", they're going to look at you funny because 83 isn't an actual (or "true") size. If you ask for a medium, however, they'll know exactly what you mean, so they'll check in the back to look for a medium and come out and tell you that they ran out. At that point you might as well ask for a size 83 because you're pretty much SOL.

x-post from WAYWT:

Fits look good, man, but that's not what TTS indicates. True to size or TTS usually means that the actual size -- that is, how the garment fits -- is consistent with the tagged size. It's generally used not to distinguish from made-up numerical sizes, but rather to distinguish from vanity-sized clothing (or, say, something that's expected to shrink a lot, like unsanforized denim) where the actual size differs from the tagged size (requiring one to size up or size down to get a proper fit).
post #10810 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

There's been some talk about t-shirt sizing, so I thought I'd weigh in and say that I went TTS on them. TTS means "true to size", indicating that it's an actual size - medium, for example, which is what I'm wearing - as opposed to a made-up size, like 83. If you walk into a clothing store and try to buy something, and when they ask you what size you want and you say "83", they're going to look at you funny because 83 isn't an actual (or "true") size. If you ask for a medium, however, they'll know exactly what you mean, so they'll check in the back to look for a medium and come out and tell you that they ran out. At that point you might as well ask for a size 83 because you're pretty much SOL.

x-post from WAYWT:
I think you're missing the point here. TTS is not a good reference since one person's TTS may be different from another person's TTS. Alphabet sizing is subjective because there is nothing for them to compare against except other brands and sometimes they are vanity sized. The best way to determine sizing is to get actual measurements. Even with number sizing though some brands still do vanity sizing and that can still cause confusion.

For anyone that is interested here are the sizes that I got from Mauro for the v-neck tees:

X-small = 18.5"
small = 19"

I'm kind of torn and don't want to deal with shipping back a size that doesn't work. I measured my long sleeve v-neck from last year and got 46cm/app. 18.1" (damn Muji measuring tape is only in metric). RKD says the extra small is too small for him, so I am going to go with the smalls.

EDIT: and because Mauro said sizing should be consistent with what I already have.
Edited by Winston S. - 10/21/13 at 1:32pm
post #10811 of 13958
yeah winston whatever your current BD size, should also work for your tees
post #10812 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

yeah winston whatever your current BD size, should also work for your tees
I don't have any BDs yet. peepwall[1].gif
post #10813 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Fits look good, man, but that's not what TTS indicates. True to size or TTS usually means that the actual size -- that is, how the garment fits -- is consistent with the tagged size. It's generally used not to distinguish from made-up numerical sizes, but rather to distinguish from vanity-sized clothing (or, say, something that's expected to shrink a lot, like unsanforized denim) where the actual size differs from the tagged size (requiring one to size up or size down to get a proper fit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I think you're missing the point here. TTS is not a good reference since one person's TTS may be different from another person's TTS. Alphabet sizing is subjective because there is nothing for them to compare against except other brands and sometimes they are vanity sized. The best way to determine sizing is to get actual measurements. Even with number sizing though some brands still do vanity sizing and that can still cause confusion.

Hmm...sounds like I should've sized up at least one in terms of the obviousness of my sarcasm instead of going TTS. plain.gif
post #10814 of 13958
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post


Hmm...sounds like I should've sized up at least one in terms of the obviousness of my sarcasm instead of going TTS. plain.gif
smile.gif
post #10815 of 13958
Tee is nice. I missed out last time around. I wear Medium in AD and L in BD - went with M in the short sleeve.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread