or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › boots with jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

boots with jeans - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonAndPeanuts
Those look really nice ron. What do you all think of Frye boots?
I've got a pair of the Frye Mason zip that I like very much. Got them at the beginning of this last Fall, and they're aging wonderfully so far. The heel never seemed excessive to me at all--comparable to pretty much all my other boots, though most of my other boots have always been either combat boots or chelsea boots, so maybe that skews my impression. Those Costume National boots look awesome. I saw some on Yoox a few months back, but didn't pull the trigger. It was probably the right decision, but I still regret it a little.
post #17 of 30
Proud new owner of a pair of Carpe Diem boots . I love em, especially at the price that I got em for.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavie0
Proud new owner of a pair of Carpe Diem boots . I love em, especially at the price that I got em for.
Pictures?
post #19 of 30
Quote:
i want a pair of carpe diem boots- they look good with denim. i tried them on the other day finally. god they're nice. anyone want to send me money for them?

There was an auction on e-bay for a pair of these in my size (11) in February. They sold for only $675, which is not bad considering they were brand new..........

Cheapmutha - polish those suckers up and get them resoled.....they will look a hundred times better and I am sure you will be able to get quite a few more years out of them....
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
Pictures?
I can't get a hold of my cam. right now but they look like this It's very understated, not as flashy compared to other Carpe Diems but that's why I like these
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavie0
I can't get a hold of my cam. right now but they look like this

It's very understated, not as flashy compared to other Carpe Diems but that's why I like these


Hey, those aren't too bad!
post #22 of 30
What about Alden 405's? I wore mine with jeans (PDC Ltd) and an aubergine-colored long sleeve linen shirt, and thought they looked good.
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgrass
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=61621

I'm pretty happy with these. I darkened them up with some mink oil and shoe polish.

Blackgrass, how did those boots run size wise?
post #24 of 30
They run pretty true to length and I would say a little on the wide side. I have a pair of orthotics in mine that came out of a pair of hiking boots. You could easily add in a insole to take up some extra room if needed. I think if you order your normal street shoe size then you will be fine....nothing a insole couldn't fix.

I like them because they are a stitch down sole and the leather is pretty nice....plus the old school look. I have mink oiled and polished them in order to darken them up a bit and help out with the break-in process. You really need to give them a few days to break in as the soles are pretty stiff when you first get them and will cause the heel to slip a bit...much like a cowboy boot.
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgm
i REALLY want these costume national boots:

Are these for sale anywhere?
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavie0
I can't get a hold of my cam. right now but they look like this

It's very understated, not as flashy compared to other Carpe Diems but that's why I like these

Heheh those are pretty cool, what do they look like worn? They remind me of Lupin III/Cowboy Bebop for some reason.
post #27 of 30
i just got a pair of alden's and i'm very impressed...the most well-made boot i've ever owned...i've had red wings in the past, but i wanted something a little more 'low profile'...the aldens fit the bill

looks like they'll wear in beautifully as well, given pictures i've seen
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long
i just got a pair of alden's and i'm very impressed...the most well-made boot i've ever owned...i've had red wings in the past, but i wanted something a little more 'low profile'...the aldens fit the bill

Which model?

If it's the 405, aka Indy Boot, compared to regular Alden shoes (at least the shell cordovan ones) they're actually pretty disappointing. Compared to most other makers, they're superlative.
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGladwell
Which model?

If it's the 405, aka Indy Boot, compared to regular Alden shoes (at least the shell cordovan ones) they're actually pretty disappointing. Compared to most other makers, they're superlative.

yes, the 405s...you have to remember that i'm comparing them to red wings...if i needed and could afford some of their dressier shoes, i'd definitely pick up a pair or two
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long
yes, the 405s...you have to remember that i'm comparing them to red wings...if i needed and could afford some of their dressier shoes, i'd definitely pick up a pair or two

Just curious, how are yours marked on the insole? Mine have "ALDEN" in a large blocky sans-serif font, with "SINCE" and "1884" divided by a diamond-shaped logo composed of four "A"'s. Not the normal Alden calligraphy and crest.

I bought them from a vintage/junk shop (new, but missing one shoelace - you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a flat brown 46" lace!) that didn't know what they were. I have no idea the vintage.

I almost thought it was a different Alden at first, except that the writing on the cotton (linen?) sock is in the same font as my other Aldens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › boots with jeans