or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i - Page 6

post #76 of 155
chrisjustinparr, this may be one area where I agree with you. The only thing I dislike about that car is the circular gear shifter
post #77 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
Another butthurt G35 owner.

aahhaahaha ok there internet person, you have no idea what I drive. But I can tell you're just repeating things that every other BMW internet fanboy does. Listen dickhead, BMW's are definitely not as awesome as you think they are because of one important reason: They make whoever's driving inside look like a prick. And you're a prime example.

I'd say the Infiniti represents a better value right now.
post #78 of 155
Infinity's exhausts are pretty douchey. The douche factor is a toss-up.
post #79 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
Your analogy is the epitome of stupidity...? That appeals to people more knowledgeable, evidently more knowledgeable than you... Way to write a post full of bullshit without providing any examples of your so-called road less taken.

I am not a BMW fanboy.

Thank goodness - those guys hate it when someone disagrees with them.
post #80 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
Infinity's exhausts are pretty douchey.

+1

The honky exhaust sound is by far the worst thing about those cars, especially the ones with automatics which have the slurred-sounding upshifts. The engines are actually very decent. The 350Z's engine has basically one flat torque plateau from idle to redline, pulls hard, and is very drivable.

--Andre
post #81 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post
Day-to-day, there's nothing in it - both cars will satisfy the driving requirements of anyone driving on US roads 99% of the time. More important is how you feel about them, how much you like looking at them, how comfortable you are with them.
Anyone who owns a car for the right (enthusiast) reasons will agree with what epb posted here. People who spout "performance facts" and post "interior shots" will never wrap their heads around the idea that whatever car you buy must appeal to you at any speed, in any environment, and badges be damned. Go test-drive the two. If the BMW appeals to you, by all means get it. If the Infiniti does, by all means buy that one. My bias against BMW's is purely personal and subjective; I respect the engineering and the quality that goes into them (I just don't believe most owners are as well-engineered or well put together, from personal experience in a city full of BMW owners.) But don't let that prevent you from trying and buying.
post #82 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
Anyone who owns a car for the right (enthusiast) reasons will agree with what epb posted here. People who spout "performance facts" and post "interior shots" will never wrap their heads around the idea that whatever car you buy must appeal to you at any speed, in any environment, and badges be damned. Go test-drive the two. If the BMW appeals to you, by all means get it. If the Infiniti does, by all means buy that one. My bias against BMW's is purely personal and subjective; I respect the engineering and the quality that goes into them (I just don't believe most owners are as well-engineered or well put together, from personal experience in a city full of BMW owners.) But don't let that prevent you from trying and buying.
I have driven a G37S coupe for months. I owned a 3 coupe. The 3 coupe was better in every way. This thread was about G37 vs. 335i. I gave my opinion. Which is, the 3 is far superior to the G37. Due to the nature of my work I have driven close to every single car from MY 2007 onward that is available for purchase in the United States at less than 65K for at least a week at a time. To say it is a relief to get back into a 335 is an understatement. Some things are hugely successful and popular for a reason; simply because they are downright better than the rest. As for being a fanboy - I can't stand aspects of BMW "value engineering" and most of their lineup. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 7 series, or an X3, in a 6 series, in a 5 except the 550i sport, and especially not in an X6. Drive around the twistier roads of California for 2 weeks in a Mercedes C class (stab me in the eye -- you can't even hear the engine) or a Lexus IS (hold on while we roll around turns), then hop into a 6spd 335i. Enough said. Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?
post #83 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post
Thank goodness - those guys hate it when someone disagrees with them.

Do you actually have an intelligent counter argument? Didn't think so. Your analogy was hopelessly flawed and you have yet to provide any examples.
post #84 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?

No, you're a prick because you didn't bother to include all of this IN YOUR FIRST REPLY TO THIS POST. What were you thinking, indeed?

Edit: To clarify, look at your first post in this thread. Nobody knows or cares who the hell you are or what you do for a living. With that in mind you come off as a rabid BMW apologist, immediately decrying the Infiniti as "vomit" and asserting that it is the Greatest Vehicle In The World. Which, unless you work for Car & Driver, is simply bullshit.
post #85 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
Do you actually have an intelligent counter argument? Didn't think so. Your analogy was hopelessly flawed and you have yet to provide any examples.


What we've established - at least, to your satisfaction - is that you're much more intelligent than I am, and completely unbiased on this issue; I leave it in your able hands to come up with a cogent, succint counter-argument.
post #86 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburr View Post
Second that. Who is this guy? Sheesh. I've owned 3 seven series BMW's. I'll not own another.

lol, it took you 3 to come to that conclusion? You are a very forgiving car buyer if you give a car a chance not once, not twice, but three times..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
aahhaahaha ok there internet person, you have no idea what I drive. But I can tell you're just repeating things that every other BMW internet fanboy does. Listen dickhead, BMW's are definitely not as awesome as you think they are because of one important reason: They make whoever's driving inside look like a prick. And you're a prime example.



GM needs to reverse engineer this feature and redesign their fleet to make the drivers look like they have 12 inch penises.
post #87 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post
I have driven a G37S coupe for months.

I owned a 3 coupe.

The 3 coupe was better in every way.

This thread was about G37 vs. 335i.

I gave my opinion. Which is, the 3 is far superior to the G37.

Due to the nature of my work I have driven close to every single car from MY 2007 onward that is available for purchase in the United States at less than 65K for at least a week at a time. To say it is a relief to get back into a 335 is an understatement. Some things are hugely successful and popular for a reason; simply because they are downright better than the rest.

As for being a fanboy - I can't stand aspects of BMW "value engineering" and most of their lineup. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 7 series, or an X3, in a 6 series, in a 5 except the 550i sport, and especially not in an X6.

Drive around the twistier roads of California for 2 weeks in a Mercedes C class (stab me in the eye -- you can't even hear the engine) or a Lexus IS (hold on while we roll around turns), then hop into a 6spd 335i. Enough said.

Man, I really am such a prick because I have strong opinions based on lengthy behind the wheel experience with both the cars involved. What was I thinking?

Consider: It's not what you say, but how you say it.
post #88 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


GM needs to reverse engineer this feature and redesign their fleet to make the drivers look like they have 12 inch penises.

I think they tried that with the Escalade and the Hummer. That had the opposite effect, didn't it? We'll see how the Camaro does in this regard.
post #89 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
Consider: It's not what you say, but how you say it.

It's more fun to debate cars than my internet persona.
post #90 of 155
Putting the proverbial "most bang for your buck" aside, the G37 exhaust sound and interior design are full-on, no holds-barred douche. You would have to be downright commited to the overall aesthetic or simply didn't have the budget for a 335 to pick a G37.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i