or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i - Page 2

post #16 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax View Post
You can also look at the 2010 Audi S4. The base model is about $46K in US, not sure what the MSRP in Canada is. Are you thinking of leasing or buying?

that's the one that immediately leapt to mind but i don't know what MSRPs are like in canada anymore. If you're not hemmed in by a sedan the A5 is a beautiful car as well.

Beyond that I am a fan of the new '10 CTS as well. I had an '06 but while mine was in for it's final service i had an 09 loaner and it was WAY nicer than mine. it's less sporty though (obviously) but far more plush. you might get lucky on an 09 CTS-V as well if you're not fussed on the '10 model year.

You could also consider the new Lexus IS series. I think the F would be out of your range but you never know.
post #17 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
From most of the reports I've seen, the G sedan is the better buy...
I agree with this. A few years back when I was looking for an SUV I decided on an Infiniti because of the bang you got for the buck. However, I would not have selected it if it was to be my daily driver.
post #18 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I agree with this. A few years back when I was looking for an SUV I decided on an Infiniti because of the bang you got for the buck. However, I would not have selected it if it was to be my daily driver.
If you don't mind me asking, how was the service at the dealer. I'm really leaning hard towards the G, but as stated earlier, I've yet to really check out the competition.
post #19 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon View Post
I'm kind of surprised by the overwhelming push for the 335. I've been inside the G37 and a 328 (not the 335, though), and the G37 was so much more luxurious...and with 300+ HP and 0-60 in 5.5, wasn't sacrificing much performance.
I was rather surprised by the power of the G sedan. I would stepping out of a Cobra, but was looking for a 4 door (I have a 2 year old), that would still be fun to drive. I really like the size and proportions of the G37.
post #20 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how was the service at the dealer. I'm really leaning hard towards the G, but as stated earlier, I've yet to really check out the competition.
Excellent! Consistently good service and unlike the local German car dealers, they have plenty of nice loaners available.
post #21 of 155
I'd go with the 335 all the way. I have a 530i right now and when I get rid of it I'm definitely going for a 335 coupe if I don't buy my Uncle's M3. Combined we've had about 10 BMW's in our family and never had a single issue with any of them.
post #22 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon View Post
I'm kind of surprised by the overwhelming push for the 335. I've been inside the G37 and a 328 (not the 335, though), and the G37 was so much more luxurious...and with 300+ HP and 0-60 in 5.5, wasn't sacrificing much performance.

The main benefit of the 335i is that it's turbo-charged, and like any forced induction motor, the performance can be increased significantly for relatively little investment.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1124844

It seems that people with 335i's are capable of putting down nearly 400+ whp and wtq with a chip, exhaust, and intake. That is performance that FAR EXCEEDS any G37, and the M3 for that matter (at least in a straight line).
post #23 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoung05 View Post
The main benefit of the 335i is that it's turbo-charged, and like any forced induction motor, the performance can be increased significantly for relatively little investment.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1124844

It seems that people with 335i's are capable of putting down nearly 400+ whp and wtq with a chip, exhaust, and intake. That is performance that FAR EXCEEDS any G37, and the M3 for that matter (at least in a straight line).
I was reading that the Twin Turbo'd was having some overheating issues, does anyone know if this is true, or if the problem has been resolved.
post #24 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
I was reading that the Twin Turbo'd was having some overheating issues, does anyone know if this is true, or if the problem has been resolved.

Also google "335 hpfp" for fun.
post #25 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
I was reading that the Twin Turbo'd was having some overheating issues, does anyone know if this is true, or if the problem has been resolved.

If you get the Dinan oil cooler, it's supposed to solve it. But I also know someone else who has the stock (larger) cooler, lots of HP due to a software flash, and is a fast driver who hasn't had his 335 go into limp mode at the track. So who knows?

Note that the only people who see this are people who track their cars.

--Andre
post #26 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
If you get the Dinan oil cooler, it's supposed to solve it. But I also know someone else who has the stock (larger) cooler, lots of HP due to a software flash, and is a fast driver who hasn't had his 335 go into limp mode at the track. So who knows?

Note that the only people who see this are people who track their cars.

--Andre

+1. I know a girl who uses hers regularly and has not had any problems whatsoever. If you're just a regular, everyday driver I dont think the overheating issue will pose a problem.
post #27 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
I was reading that the Twin Turbo'd was having some overheating issues, does anyone know if this is true, or if the problem has been resolved.


The early 335i didn't have an oil cooler unless you ordered the Sport Package, and those were overheating. More problematic is the high pressure fuel pump, which seems to have trouble with fuels using Ethanol.

I like the G37, and I would choose that for a sedan. For a coupe as a daily driver, I'd go with the 328i - the E92 body is the best-looking BMW in production, and without the turbo engine you avoid all the issues.
post #28 of 155
I've heard of cases where the 328's also gone into limp mode, but it should be less stressed than the 335.

It's going to be interesting to see if they've solved this problem with the new is version of the Z4, which uses the same engine, but has a lot more power.

--Andre
post #29 of 155
Have you driven both cars? Drive a G37 then get into a 335. There is no comparison. You get what you pay for. G37 feels like a cheap toy compared to the 3. The interior is flashy, plastic-y, cheap and just downright ugly. The car is noisy and attracts too much attention with its factory fart can. The 335 is far more attractive, does not have the guido-esque styling of the G, is more comfortable, is faster, handles better, and is just all around a much finer and refined automobile. G37 vomit: Let's see how many random vents we can cram in here!! And let's cover half the dash with aluminum colored plastic in typical Nissan crap car fashion. And WTF is that fugly analog clock for? 335: Night and day. I see the G37 as a cheap substitute for those that cannot afford a BMW. I do not see why a rational person would buy one for any other reason besides the price differential.
post #30 of 155
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by username79 View Post

I see the G37 as a cheap substitute for those that cannot afford a BMW. I do not see why a rational person would buy one for any other reason besides the price differential.

I'm confused. They're about the same price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i