• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend one-piece speakers like the B&W Zepplin or Geneva speakers

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm moving into a new office and am choosing an appropriate audio system for it. The room is quite small (4 x 3m) and a bit weirdly shaped and I'll be working in different parts of the room a lot, so no point in trying to worry about positioning for sound stage. I just want something that fills the room. The B&W Zepplin and the Geneva Sound Systems seem like pretty good choices but I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Chestnut Hill GEORGE and frankly, I love it. It will definitely fill the room, it is a one piece system, and you can put it in one corner and control the music from your desk with the remote (and the extra charger for the remote that comes with it). It costs less than the Zeppelin, and (this is subjective; YMMV) sounds better imo. If I were you, I would listen to them each and see which you like the best. GEORGE was an excellent choice for me, and given the $499 price tag, not too bad for the price. The only real issues I could find is that it takes some time to sync the remote with your iPod... and also that it really only works if you have an iPod. It does have an auxiliary input, but it defeats the purpose of having a remote to control your music if you have to change the music on your Zune/Zen/whatever. I use it with my iPod classic (and leave it on there all the time), and GEORGE treats me well. But that's just my $.02. Good luck on the decision, and congratulations on the move!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I hear good things about Bose.

laugh.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like my Tivoli Model One radio at home. They also make one-piece systems I think.

tivolimodel1clwalnutl.jpg

For a cheapo iPod solution, this InMotion iM7? gizmo fillls up my work studio.

im7a.jpg

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I hear good things about Bose.

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
laugh.gif

+1, and I own the Bose iPod speakers. They aren't terrible and work fine (for being iPod speakers) at a reasonable volume in a single room, but don't expect much more out of them. Bose speakers are best described by a play on their own motto: "better sound through marketing."

dave

Reaction score
If you like the B&W sound (and I do) I would just go ahead with the Zeppelin. I have a set of LM01s in my "home theater" set up and I wouldn't replace them for anything else I've listened to in the price range.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This should work. It's not quite one piece, but it's close enough! I hope you have a secure lock on your office door.

mxa60-front-l.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Geneva Sound System is really intriguing. Has anyone listened to it?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
How much does that cost?

msrp is ~7500 iirc.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
msrp is ~7500 iirc.

Holy crap! If you're going to pay that much, you can easily do much better. Here are two examples:

1. Aerial 5Bs (or other favorite monitor), passive attenuator, decent solid state amp(used Acurus, Aragon, older Krell KSAs, Parasound, or even a favorite pro-audio amp)

2. Active monitor (like ATC), passive attenuator.

There is no way Mac can produce a speaker that's even close in quality to good companies that specialize in speakers. Either path will also be significantly cheaper.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads