or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Recommend one-piece speakers like the B&W Zepplin or Geneva speakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommend one-piece speakers like the B&W Zepplin or Geneva speakers - Page 3

post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I hear good things about Bose.
You bugger! If you must, yfyf, the B&W Zeppelin. Considering stereo separation is nil on these things, the Zep has quality sound and good bass for what it is. Heard the $500 Pioneer at length the other day. A plastic POS! Ugh! I'm reviewing the B&W Zeppelin Mini in January. Even with the vagaries of the room, these would be a much better solution for you. Good luck.
post #32 of 51
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilia View Post
You bugger!



If you must, yfyf, the B&W Zeppelin. Considering stereo separation is nil on these things, the Zep has quality sound and good bass for what it is.

Heard the $500 Pioneer at length the other day. A plastic POS! Ugh!

I'm reviewing the B&W Zeppelin Mini in January.

Even with the vagaries of the room, these would be a much better solution for you. Good luck.

Hey dude. Quite stealing my recommendations! Been talking up AudioEngine here for a while.
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by supcar View Post

The volume control looks like a 47 Lab product.

Also, not so sure about the isolation capabilities of the speaker stand...
post #35 of 51
What do you mean? Look at that nice piece of felt.
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by supcar View Post
What do you mean? Look at that nice piece of felt.

post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post

I don't know how you can laugh at this when you have cable elevators.
post #38 of 51
yfyf
What will be your main music source? I just spent some time online looking at the distinctions of the Geneva units and reading reviews. Looks like great it gets high praise for sound and design but gets lower marks when compared to other choices in that price range. If you get a Geneva, would love to hear your thoughts.

I have a small workroom at home and listen to radio/ipod on a Boston Acoustics Horizon Solo. It just sounds great. They also have a Horizon Duo model, AM/FM/ipod dock or a Trio with a cd player. They are inexpensive and sound great. I listen to radio from the internet or itunes from my laptop and use a Blue Sky MediaDesk that I am ambivalent about but that is not a one piece unit you asked for.
post #39 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
yfyf What will be your main music source? I just spent some time online looking at the distinctions of the Geneva units and reading reviews. Looks like great it gets high praise for sound and design but gets lower marks when compared to other choices in that price range. If you get a Geneva, would love to hear your thoughts. I have a small workroom at home and listen to radio/ipod on a Boston Acoustics Horizon Solo. It just sounds great. They also have a Horizon Duo model, AM/FM/ipod dock or a Trio with a cd player. They are inexpensive and sound great. I listen to radio from the internet or itunes from my laptop and use a Blue Sky MediaDesk that I am ambivalent about but that is not a one piece unit you asked for.
Most likely straight out of the computer or possibly out of my non-iPod mp3 player. I'm fairly sure I'll end up getting the Geneva M, the more I look at it and read about it, the more I like it.
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
Most likely straight out of the computer or possibly out of my non-iPod mp3 player. I'm fairly sure I'll end up getting the Geneva M, the more I look at it and read about it, the more I like it.

If you get the Geneva M, let me know how it works out, as I am looking for something for the same applications.
post #41 of 51
^Same here.
Looks like minor difference from the M to the L. L has slightly larger woofer and a ipod dock on the top which I don't care for. Kills the clean look of the design and I think the ipod sticking up on top looks stupid. The M connects to your ipod with a cable. There are more distinctions between the L and the LX.
I've seen these at Design Within Reach stores but didn't listen to them.
post #42 of 51
My local Apple store has the Zepp Mini for $399. I think this is regular retail and likely the same at other Apple stores.
post #43 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
My local Apple store has the Zepp Mini for $399. I think this is regular retail and likely the same at other Apple stores.

I saw a Zepp mini at a B&W store in Shanghai a while ago. It was kinda wimpy, I was not impressed.
post #44 of 51
what are those white speakers called
post #45 of 51
The people responsible for speakers like the Revel Salons start to evaluate iPod speaker docks:

http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2010/0...pod-music.html

Sean Olive along with Floyd Toole basically wrote the book on rigorous speaker quality evaluation.

--Andre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Recommend one-piece speakers like the B&W Zepplin or Geneva speakers