Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My Brown shoes (including 'spring shoe damage') - pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Brown shoes (including 'spring shoe damage') - pics

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
A smattering of my shoes, including my new JLs and Barneys cordovans:




And some black ones:




And the Vass:




And something for the Trads:

post #2 of 26
Very nice - give me 3 years - I'll be there. :P
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Very nice - give me 3 years - I'll be there. :P

I bought all of these since joining the forum in March 2005. Hadn't really thought about it until your post. Kind of excessive, but I had some catching up to do.
post #4 of 26
Very sharp collection. Some nice browns there.

And shoe trees in the Chucks? Outstanding.
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith T
Very sharp collection. Some nice browns there.

And shoe trees in the Chucks? Outstanding.

Doesn't everyone put shoe trees in their Chucks?

The browns are (top) C & J for Tom James
Left to right: C & J Weymouths, John Lobb Lopez, and C & J cordovans
post #6 of 26
Quite nice! what happened to that To Boot two tone job you were looking at?
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by designprofessor
Quite nice! what happened to that To Boot two tone job you were looking at?

I have one more pair of shoes on order, and the Lovely and Talented Mrs. Checks has decreed "no more" for a while. But, yes, I still have my eye on it.
post #8 of 26
Yea, I don't know about buying 9 pairs of shoes in the next year..

I've purchased 4 in the past 2 months.. I need like 5-6 more to be well-rounded - that'll run me another 3k. That's a lot of freaking money for shoes in a year.

Maybe I need to start looking at more AEs. Who's cheap that has good antiquing?
post #9 of 26
Very nice shoes, well done! The one on top is C&J on 330 last, far left is JL and far right is cordovan, correct?
post #10 of 26
How's the fit? It looks like you are getting a lot of rippling, which would indicate that their not quite snug enough.
post #11 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
How's the fit? It looks like you are getting a lot of rippling, which would indicate that their not quite snug enough.

Yeah, that's what I mentioned to you in one of your threads. The cordovan is the worst one, but I couldn't fit into the lower size. At $259 I couldn't pass it up because the patina is glorious, despite the ripples.

This has been part of my learning curve: to buy shoes that seem quite snug at first. The problem is a large bump on the top of my left foot that militates against sizing down, so I'll rarely get a perfect fit. The Lobbs, Tom James, and Vass were so tight they were painful, but now I'm rewarded with fewer ripples after suffering for the fit, and now they fit fairly well.
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Very nice shoes, well done! The one on top is C&J on 330 last, far left is JL and far right is cordovan, correct?

Middle one is JL; otherwise correct.
post #13 of 26
I dig those C&J cordovan. What is the model name? I don't recall seeing them in the Plal catalogue. In fact, aren't cordovan bals pretty rare? I thought only Alden made a pair.
post #14 of 26
So what's the one the left? They are quite beautiful.
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I dig those C&J cordovan. What is the model name? I don't recall seeing them in the Plal catalogue. In fact, aren't cordovan bals pretty rare? I thought only Alden made a pair.

I got them at Barneys. I'll have to check when I get home. IIRC they just say "Crockett & Jones genuine shell cordovan" without a model name. I'll get a better pic of the color up-close, which is nothing short of amazing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My Brown shoes (including 'spring shoe damage') - pics