or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers suit quality overall??-in the past year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers suit quality overall??-in the past year.

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hello,

I was wondering your thoughts on the quality of Brooks Brothers suits-1818(Regent and Fitz) and Golden Fleece suits over the past year?
Are they good? Just ok? Getting better?

It seems that thier Made in Italy offerings are much nicer than others. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your thoughts!
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by x26 View Post
Hello,

I was wondering your thoughts on the quality of Brooks Brothers suits-1818(Regent and Fitz) and Golden Fleece suits over the past year?
Are they good? Just ok? Getting better?

It seems that thier Made in Italy offerings are much nicer than others. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your thoughts!

1818 and Black Fleece quality are declining since the acquisition of Southwick

Not sure about Golden Fleece
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post
1818 and Black Fleece quality are declining since the acquisition of Southwick

Not sure about Golden Fleece

The 1818 line is split between those made by Southwick in the USA and those made in Italy (I am drawing a blank as to the Italian maker). I agree that the Southwick suits have declined in quality over the past year or so. The Italian 1818s however seem as nice as ever.
post #4 of 10
I have a few Fitz, and I like the cut and fit, but have to say the quality is not what I would have expected. I have had to have several things (belt loops, pocket linings, interior lining) repaired because they just gave out at the seams after less than a year. I bought each of these during sales, so I guess for a $400 - 500 suit they are OK, but at $900 to 1000 full price, they are a disaster.
post #5 of 10
the shoulders on my last Brooks purchase was terrible. i wore it once ... and now have it in to the tailor to get the shoulder re-tooled. might post before and after shots to show the difference.

my older BB suits irrespective of line had GREAT shoulders!!!
post #6 of 10
God, I hate hearing this. My one 1818 and three GFs are about 5 years old and no issues whatsover.

My Brooksease is older still and not the same quality as the above, but far ahead of stuff like Calvin Klein, etc.

At that price you might look at the Canadian-made Jack Victor; I have two sport coats that are well-made.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post
1818 and Black Fleece quality are declining since the acquisition of Southwick

Not sure about Golden Fleece
I only know about Black Fleece, and the quality has definitely declined. I have suits from each season and the ones from this season are not nearly as good as the ones from '07 and '08. I wore one from this season today and was thinking to myself that I won't be purchasing more. Yes, they are much cheaper now compared to their prices in '07, but the current level of quality is not good enough for me to continue with the brand.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I only know about Black Fleece, and the quality has definitely declined. I have suits from each season and the ones from this season are not nearly as good as the ones from '07 and '08. I wore one from this season today and was thinking to myself that I won't be purchasing more. Yes, they are much cheaper now compared to their prices in '07, but the current level of quality is not good enough for me to continue with the brand.

Aye, they're not using Caruso anymore right? Major bummer.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike View Post
Aye, they're not using Caruso anymore right? Major bummer.
Correct, they're not, and it shows.
post #10 of 10

How are the made in Thailand sportscoats in terms of quality? $448 seems steep for a blazer made in Thailand.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers suit quality overall??-in the past year.