• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM shirts in San Francisco

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read an article in either San Francisco magazine or 7x7 magazine that featured a young lady that plopped $600 to open a MTM shirt franchise. I don't remember the name but I thought it was something like jcarlin

Anyone know the name or tried it?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jhilburn is the name. Anyone try them? Seems reasonable.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts are supposedly made in Asia.

DandySF

Reaction score
MyTailor does a fine job on MTM shirts. I can't imagine experimenting with another vendor, especially one that would seem to be unproven.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I myself prefer Tailor Store. Never had a problem with them, have been satisfied with each purchase.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I myself prefer Tailor Store. Never had a problem with them, have been satisfied with each purchase.

Are they in San Francisco?

suenarita

Reaction score
You are comparing thetailorstore.com and JHilburn which are two completely different businesses.
With tailorstore.com you take your own measurements (3?) and make a few choices to get your shirt. Easy and cheap if that's all you are looking for.
J Hilburn sends a personal stylist to take 10 measurements (for shirts alone, many more for jackets and trousers) and you have 80 fabric choices, 16 collar styles, 12 cuff styles, along with many other choices to create a shirt that fits like none other and doesn't look like a cookie cutter shirt. On top of that, the fabrics are all from top Italian mills.
Perhaps you are not particular, then thetailorstore.com is for you.
My clients are more particular, so we make sure that their shirt fits the way they want it to - slimmer sleeve, smaller cuff, contrasting fabric, shell buttons, whatever that may be. Further, I deliver the shirts laundered, pressed and on a hanger.
Your choice.

Carole Loomis
JHilburn

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads