• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sweater Pr0n Thread

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The weather calls for cashmere, lambswool and Shetland. Let's see what you've got. Here are a few to get things started: Fair Isle from a higher end men's shop in Birmingham, AL:
img1228ml.jpg
img1216e.jpg
Alan Paine cashmere argyle vest:
img1249.jpg
img1248q.jpg
This was sold to me as ca. 1980s salesman's sample, cashmere with lined patch pockets and horn buttons. It's a fantastic cardigan.
img1252bv.jpg
img1264h.jpg
PRL supersoft cashmere cardigan with button flap pockets, shooting patch, half belt and side cinches. I'd love to have seen the original that Ralph based this one on:
img1271q.jpg
img1274m.jpg
img1277i.jpg
Vintage cashmere vest for the Bermuda Shop. Note how tall the bottom ribbing is:
img1265h.jpg
img1268.jpg
PRL wool shawl cardigan:
img0730eg.jpg
img0731qf.jpg
RL Polo hand knit shawl collar pullover
img0660.jpg
img0661sf.jpg
Brioni cashmere
p1013047va5.jpg
img1190.jpg
Zegna silk:
img1279.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Contrarian
Nice sweaters. but what sweater pron thread would be complete without a mention of the bad sweater guy?

Some funny stuff there.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
img1264h.jpg

img1274m.jpg

img0730eg.jpg

I really like these. They could easily substitute for a sport coat in a casual fit, paired with some ankle boots, chukkas, chelseas, etc.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
RRL?

Typo, meant 'PRL' (as per the other Polo sweaters posted). Change made. Thanks for making sure I didn't succeed with my subterfuge.

BlackMesa

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Some recent sweater purchases

Yohji Yamamoto:
Imagen1.png

Ann Demeulemeester:
!BejJIIQBGk~$%28KGrHqEOKjkEryOH8j-qBK9v+70zu!~~_12.JPG

Those are nice. I noticed the colors which seems to be very popular now in Europe.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Here are some of my sweaters.

EDIT: Never mind the RLPL cardigan, the Corneliani sweater, the Burberry polo and the black Dolce & Gabbana sweater - I didn't realize this was a pure winter sweater thread at first...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of these sweaters look like old man or Mr. Roger's sweaters, appropriate for a convalescent home.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Here are two quick shots of about half my cashmere collection. The other half is stored in individual cedar boxes, and I didn't have enough time to take them out.

Makers include Loro Piana, Ballantyne, Clan Douglas, Johnston's of Elgin, Kiton, Pringle, Malo, Borrelli, Cucinelli, Laing, Smedley, Zegna, Neiman-Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Agnona, Peter Millar, Lyle & Scott, RL, Barney's, Harrods and a few others.

If you have questions about individual sweaters, feel free to ask.

clight1.jpg

cdark1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads