or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › STP Corneliani Faded Blue Stripe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STP Corneliani Faded Blue Stripe

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thanks to recommendations on this board, I tried a Corneliani from STP, and I have to say this is a very fine garment. The 52 coat fits perfectly; I usually wear a 42R. It is one of the very few coats I own that will not need to be taken in at the waist.

If anybody's looking for a nice summer suit, this one gets my rec:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1...t-For-Men.html
post #2 of 9
Niiice... but no 38 (thankfully) )
post #3 of 9
Congrats! Corneliani is my favorite suitmaker. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Niiice... but no 38 (thankfully) )

Don't be buying my 38Rs!!
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Congrats! Corneliani is my favorite suitmaker. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.



Don't be buying my 38Rs!!
I love Corneliani also...
Oh fudge it. Not my fault you wear my size. Usurper!!! I bet you wear a 10.5 shoe, also!

post #5 of 9
I've always been checking out the Corneliani suits at STP and wasn't sure on size. I'm a 42S and thought I'd be a 54S in Corneliani. Do they tend to run larger than American suits so I could wear a 52?
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHsatx
I've always been checking out the Corneliani suits at STP and wasn't sure on size. I'm a 42S and thought I'd be a 54S in Corneliani. Do they tend to run larger than American suits so I could wear a 52?

Corneliani's are a bit bigger and longer than other Italian suits.

I wear a pretty standard US 42L. And a Italian 54L in most things. Corneliani I wear a 52L and could often wear a 54R.

Perry
post #7 of 9
Corneliani is also one of my 2 favorite suit makers (the other being Hickey Freeman - for office wear). I'm a US 42L and I wear a Corneliani 52L. I'm waiting for my second Corneliani from STP to come in the mail any day now.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHsatx
I've always been checking out the Corneliani suits at STP and wasn't sure on size. I'm a 42S and thought I'd be a 54S in Corneliani. Do they tend to run larger than American suits so I could wear a 52?
I wear a 42 in Hickey Freeman and Oxxford, all of which require some nipping at the waist, but which fit well in the shoulder and chest. The 52 Corneliani fits me very well and needs only 1/2" shortening of sleeves. Interestingly, I have a 42 RL Blue Label (Polo II) made by Corneliani, which fit much looser through the waist and had to be taken in.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
Corneliani's are a bit bigger and longer than other Italian suits.

I wear a pretty standard US 42L. And a Italian 54L in most things. Corneliani I wear a 52L and could often wear a 54R.

Perry

Hm. I ordered my first Corneliani yesterday, and I'm a 42L (without the L, basically, just need the extra room/different positioning of its armhole). Based on some of the remarks in this thread it looks like I should've ordered a 52L. I'm contemplating grabbing a 54R in another model and seeing which one fits better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › STP Corneliani Faded Blue Stripe