• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

consumer222

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've seen some blazers and suits on Yoox made by Lardini that I like, and they're rather inexpensive. Lardini is mentioned here and there in a few archived threads on SF, but I can't find anything specific about cuts. Anyone have any experience with Lardini that they'd like to share? I myself am tall, slim, and have long arms, so I need a jacket to have a narrow torso and longer sleeves.

meauounji

Reaction score
I am also curious as to the cut/quality. Another promising looking brand on Yoox for me is Tagliatore. They have nice looking lapel rolls, evidenced by the horrid looking top button on the models clearly meant to do 3-2 roll.

wmb

Reaction score
Lardini is an unfortunate name in the american market...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PPS - guys, the secret to Yoox is not buying as they continue to drop their prices... wait until the prices fall out to bare bones.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The lardini's I've purchased all had very strong and heavily padded shoulders. The Lardini jackets are fully canvassed, not entirely sure about bogliogi

Lardini made the tailored clothing for Ferragamo (correct me if I'm wrong) which many stores carry, so that is one way to try them on.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make Dolce And Gabbana's tailored items, thus Lardini can pull off a superior slim cut. It is kind of like how Hilton suits can look like Armani suits because they are made by Vestimenta which is owned by and produces for Armani BL.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
The lardini's I've purchased all had very strong and heavily padded shoulders. The Lardini jackets are fully canvassed, not entirely sure about bogliogi

Lardini made the tailored clothing for Ferragamo (correct me if I'm wrong) which many stores carry, so that is one way to try them on.

Just had unfortunate experience with Lardini suit. Fabric is fantastic mix and color, but as previous poster noted ;shoulders are heavily padded. Cut is not slim by any means. Lardini fits large in a body and cut for older crowd. If you wear 36R-to40R in US go down one size when buying Lardini.

infinitus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Just had unfortunate experience with Lardini suit. Fabric is fantastic mix and color, but as previous poster noted ;shoulders are heavily padded. Cut is not slim by any means. Lardini fits large in a body and cut for older crowd. If you wear 36R-to40R in US go down one size when buying Lardini.

I had the opposite experience. I bought a Lardini sportcoat from yoox, it was a 40r, my standard size, and it was tiny. I don't think a 42r would've even fit. The jacket itself was pretty nice but it felt a little cheap. Not bad for the price though.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by infinitus
I had the opposite experience. I bought a Lardini sportcoat from yoox, it was a 40r, my standard size, and it was tiny. I don't think a 42r would've even fit. The jacket itself was pretty nice but it felt a little cheap. Not bad for the price though.

May I ask you what is your US waist size?

whedda

Reaction score
Lardini has different fits. I just bought one with almost no padding at all an a slim fit. I´m usually a 38R but this time I needed a 40. I think mine is half-canvassed. A lot of companys offer different silhuetts in there collections and especially from season to season pending of the current trend.

AE7

Reaction score
Bought the Lardini summer unlined sports coat from Yoox - linen, wool, silk by Loro Piana. Great fit, MOP buttons on breast and sleeves, working buttons. Free delivery, free return. 100 USD - that is cheap.
wool suit needs some waist supression and sleeves extension, just a touch, pants are long and unhemmed. Construction is a bit heavy, sholders are stiff. 200 USD.

All sizes marked 40. My size is 40L

Lardini is heavly advertised in russian GQ - cool pictures with guys holding hens, rabbits and geese.

New collection also features leather flowers stuck in the lapel holes, looks cool.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anuar
Bought the Lardini summer unlined sports coat from Yoox - linen, wool, silk by Loro Piana. Great fit, MOP buttons on breast and sleeves, working buttons. Free delivery, free return. 100 USD - that is cheap.
wool suit needs some waist supression and sleeves extension, just a touch, pants are long and unhemmed. Construction is a bit heavy, sholders are stiff. 200 USD.

All sizes marked 40. My size is 40L

Lardini is heavly advertised in russian GQ - cool pictures with guys holding hens, rabbits and geese.

New collection also features leather flowers stuck in the lapel holes, looks cool.

free delivery and return from where?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads