or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Saddest thing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saddest thing - Page 7

post #91 of 160
EDIT: Er... Yes. Very serious (has no clue what to say... See 'Reason for editing'... Too bad we can't delete posts). :P
post #92 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
(...)
I think that is the sentiment shared by many people. You see it all the time. People seem to be more freely giving to animals than to their fellow humans. I guess when people see animals they see innocence and somehow that is lost looking at other humans. I would say I am guilty of this sometimes, too.

The idea goes;
we are bigger and stronger,
or just better-armed.

Because we have power;
to victimize the weak seems
excessively cruel.
post #93 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
The idea goes;
we are bigger and stronger,
or just better-armed.

Because we have power;
to victimize the weak seems
excessively cruel.
That is the beauty
of nuclear weapons.
The are so fearsome
that they scare malefactors
into inaction.
And if not,
at least it is all
over quickly
and without much pain.
post #94 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
That is the beauty
of nuclear weapons.
The are so fearsome
that they scare malefactors
into inaction.
And if not,
at least it is all
over quickly
and without much pain.

For the lucky ones,
perhaps, but those who survive
are not left with much.
post #95 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
For the lucky ones,
perhaps, but those who survive
are not left with much.
The solution is
a very large arsenal
of high yield warheads
and reliable delivery systems
that can defeat ABMs,
for instance decoys and MIRVs.
post #96 of 160
Wow, thread went downhill fast after mountain lions entered the fray.
post #97 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The solution is
a very large arsenal
of high yield warheads
and reliable delivery systems
that can defeat ABMs,
for instance decoys and MIRVs.

Manton: I see you
as the older brother who
knew all the cool stuff

But, for M-A-D
I am not feeling the love.
back to kittens PLZ?

post #98 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Manton: I see you
as the older brother who
knew all the cool stuff

But, for M-A-D
I am not feeling the love.
back to kittens PLZ?


I think it would be
overkill to nuke kittens.
But since we have not
tested in such a long time,
if you have some kittens
then I am game.
post #99 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I think it would be
overkill to nuke kittens.
But since we have not
tested in such a long time,
if you have some kittens
then I am game.

We can ask the Iranians, I hear they want to test soon so they can join the nations contributing to world peace by piling on nukes.
post #100 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I think it would be
overkill to nuke kittens.
But since we have not
tested in such a long time,
if you have some kittens
then I am game.

Conservative ghoul!
Kittens are precious resource!
Korben will save them.
post #101 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
We can ask the Iranians, I hear they want to test soon so they can join the nations contributing to world peace by piling on nukes.

Droll Frenchy humour:
I have duly noted it;
at the end, I LOL'd
post #102 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Conservative ghoul!
Kittens are precious resource!
Korben will save them.

The essense of good
government is to occasionally
and visibly punish those
who don't deserve it.
The true origin
of gratitude is not
benefits received
but punishment spared.
post #103 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The essense of good
government is to occasionally
and visibly punish those
who don't deserve it.
The true origin
of gratitude is not
benefits received
but punishment spared.

Machaivelli:
funny from an avatar
who quotes F. Nietzsche

(Excellent pick of
movies, btw, must see
that one again, soon!)
post #104 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Wow, thread went downhill fast after mountain lions entered the fray.

Yup.
post #105 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I am a pan-speciesist. Whatever that means.

You like it? The sheep poon?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Saddest thing