or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OneButton or 3-roll-2: What do you think (not that it matters)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OneButton or 3-roll-2: What do you think (not that it matters)? - Page 3

post #31 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hmm...maybe you're right. The classic location would line up the bottom button with the top of the hip out pockets.

What can you do, though...dude is whnay.sized.


- B

Custom sized buttons. Seriously. If you need further convincing, look at 's DB suit pics.
post #32 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Oh, and I've already decided what I'm doing, so nothing you say will change my mind.

IADWIDSNYSWCMM should be a regularly used acronym. Or new screenname. Or a tattoo.
post #33 of 224
Thread Starter 
For your inconsequential consideration:

post #34 of 224
Too close.


Not that I care.
post #35 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Too close.

Hmm...Eddie and you have swayed me.



Keeping in mind that my image is reduced in scale compared to s.


- B
post #36 of 224
I was going to say that I thought in general, the fewer buttons on a piece of clothing the more elegant, but I much prefer three buttons on that window pane jacket. Go for it!
post #37 of 224
so you're thinking of leaving the roll as it is and just adding buttons and buttonholes above and below?
post #38 of 224
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei-bon View Post
so you're thinking of leaving the roll as it is and just adding buttons and buttonholes above and below?

Essentially, yes.
post #39 of 224
hmm. apart from the result, that process itself demands some consideration, since we'll all know about it. such flagrantly additive embellishment.
post #40 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hmm...Eddie and you have swayed me.

Perhaps it's time for a fourth button.

Now you can post that Brooks ad, V.
post #41 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Too close.

+ 1
post #42 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Perhaps it's time for a fourth button.

Now you can post that Brooks ad, V.

By the immortal hand of Doohan, I will:



...and someone wearing such a BB suit:




- B
post #43 of 224
Isn't there some rule about spacing that the top most lapel button hole near the collar should be spaced at an integer multiple (either 1 or 2) of the spacing between the buttons below? That is in Foo's case if there were a hypothetical button hole above the upper most rolled button hole on the 3/2, it would both cut the distance between the uppermost hole near the collar and the rolled button hole and this would make the spacing between all button holes the same?
post #44 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
By the immortal hand of Doohan, I will:


I am sorely pleased with my coat like this and would like to have another.
post #45 of 224
Not trying to be difficult or rehash many topics (and I realize in saying that I'm simply going to be difficult and rehash topics), but isn't this more evidence of the flaw of the OneShoe. You bought a bunch of Marinella ties, talked about how great they were, and later determined they were unsuitable. You had a bunch of one-button coats made and now find them unsuitable. Tastes, desires, etc. change. You've proven that yourself. However, have you not insisted that the OneShoe works, because you couldn't possibly change your opinion on such a sartorial matter? It seems you have, in fact, several times found your tastes and desires changing. Why would that be the case for ties, coats, etc., but not for shoes? Isn't it possible that a year from now, you'll look at your shoes and think the same thing you did about your ties, one-button coats, etc.?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OneButton or 3-roll-2: What do you think (not that it matters)?