or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Jeans for her?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jeans for her?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I would prefer raw denim since she's new to it. she's about 5"4 118lbs. i want to keep it under $150 since it's her first pair. thanks
post #2 of 27
There is a very, very long thread on superdenim about women's raw
post #3 of 27
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy fucking bitch who wore them.
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy fucking bitch who wore them.

Stupid comment. I like Jean Shop, even though it's about $110 more than your budget. The cuts are much more flattering on most women than APCs.
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Pair of Crate Journals sz.29 NWT for sale - $90+shipping (what I paid for them and shipping)

link?
post #6 of 27
Check out naked&famous. A couple of pretty good cuts there for ladies. Really cheap and high quality denim. If you're in Vancouver for some reason, check out Dutil in Gastown.
post #7 of 27
Every time I see one of these threads, I always think the guy is falling into the buying something you want, not what she wants, syndrome. If your lady is asking for them, I absolve you of this accusation. Also, it needn't be emphasized that clothing presents are tricky, and jeans are one of the trickier things to fit, so you're setting yourself up for a big task here, imo.
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadcollar View Post
Every time I see one of these threads, I always think the guy is falling into the buying something you want, not what she wants, syndrome. If your lady is asking for them, I absolve you of this accusation. Also, it needn't be emphasized that clothing presents are tricky, and jeans are one of the trickier things to fit, so you're setting yourself up for a big task here, imo.

Agreed. Most girls I know ultimately prefer 7FAM, TR, R&R, and so forth to more obscure brands.

If you're gonna do it though, I'd also recommend Naked & Famous. They make some great slim-fitting cuts for women. Second, I would recommend Nudie.
post #9 of 27
I think that you should look into buying Hudson jeans for the woman. Great cuts, make their bums look fantastic. 98% cotton 2% lycra (or its equivalent). Lots of skinny pairs, lots of dark washes. http://www.hudsonjeans.com/
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy fucking bitch who wore them.

lol. I would say the same thing but I stopped buying clothes for women long ago to pre-empt myself.

My girlfriend isn't super heavy bottomed and she wears various Japanese-version Lees and Levi's that look good on her, all pre-distressed but not stretch, but also not skinny, just slightly relaxed and tapered.

I don't foresee tight APC new cures looking great on women because of the knee bagging, so I'd give a vote to the stretch if you are gonna go that skinny as well.

Dior Homme can look good on girls too, sometimes.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Dior Homme can look good on girls too, sometimes.

Looks good on tall girls, but my 5'6" something girlfriend's ass goes into negative values when she wears my Diors
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post
Looks good on tall girls, but my 5'6" something girlfriend's ass goes into negative values when she wears my Diors

Dang that sounds cool.
post #13 of 27
I actually had a girlfriend who had the same problem naturally (pre Dior Homme), and she didn't last too long with me unfortunately. I had a girlfriend with a big butt try on Diors and they were far too long for her obviously, but the leg and butt fit were actually not bad. I have a pair of Dior '13cm' (I tapered them like crazy) and my current girlfriend wouldn't be able to fit into them, I have a pair of APC 26 cures that she couldn't really fit into either and the 13cm DIors are smaller.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatzmoe View Post
I think that you should look into buying Hudson jeans for the woman.

Great cuts, make their bums look fantastic. 98% cotton 2% lycra (or its equivalent).

Lots of skinny pairs, lots of dark washes.

http://www.hudsonjeans.com/

agreed. my girlfriend has a pair and they look awesome
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
Raw fail, make sure your womens buy jeans that aren't 100% cotton. Stretch jeans do wonders for women. Had some good experience with Earnest Sewn, but not the crazy fucking bitch who wore them.

Best comment of the day! Bitch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Jeans for her?