or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 64

post #946 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gaziano & Girling "Cambridge" in Fox Suede and translucent sole finnish.
254

Fantastic colour and last!
post #947 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Upright Man View Post

Fantastic colour and last!

+1
Edited by NAMOR - 11/4/11 at 9:55pm
post #948 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gaziano & Girling "Cambridge" in Fox Suede and translucent sole finnish.
254

Looks very nice. What exactly is a translucent sole finish?
post #949 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Looks very nice. What exactly is a translucent sole finish?

This is when the sole is just a natural tanned colour instead of the standard Gaziano & Girling finish that looks like this (darker edges and waist is also darker).
235
post #950 of 2104
^ Thanks.
post #951 of 2104
I also posted these in the shoe damage report thread. Ron Rider Chukka Boots in Chocolate Brown Suede, Goodyear Flex. I picked these up at the trunk show at leffot a few weeks back. It was great meeting Ron and chatting with him. The man definitely is passionate and knowledgeable about his shoes. Steven was great as usual.
-LR
263
265
post #952 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gaziano & Girling "Cambridge" in Fox Suede and translucent sole finnish.
254

Damn nice! I hope to see these shoes in action around Sthlm!
post #953 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Udall View Post

Damn nice! I hope to see these shoes in action around Sthlm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gaziano & Girling "Cambridge" in Fox Suede and translucent sole finnish.
254

Is there a term for how the middle of the sole is slanted? Is that done for purely an aesthetic effect?
post #954 of 2104
beveling or a fiddleback
post #955 of 2104
My favorite casual pair of shoes.
Allen Edmonds Orleans in Light Tan
2nv6m8j.jpg
post #956 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gaziano & Girling "Cambridge" in Fox Suede and translucent sole finnish.

254

like that!
post #957 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

My favorite casual pair of shoes.
Allen Edmonds Orleans in Light Tan
2nv6m8j.jpg

I really like the Orleans - I wish they still made that shoe.

Chris
post #958 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

This is when the sole is just a natural tanned colour instead of the standard Gaziano & Girling finish that looks like this (darker edges and waist is also darker).
235

I don't understand the benefit of this. Is it just aesthetic?
post #959 of 2104
350
350
350
Reply
Reply
post #960 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Udall View Post

Damn nice! I hope to see these shoes in action around Sthlm!

You definitely will!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

I don't understand the benefit of this. Is it just aesthetic?

The translucent finish is just an aesthetic feature. In my opinion it looks best with lightly coloured shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!